Looks like Celebrity is canceling thru February 28, 2021

whitshel

9 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

I think the main problem is what's happening in the world today. Granted, deaths are way down but all the other stats, such as hospitalization,  are at, or near all time highs. In AZ, more schools are going back to remote learning. More pro, and college sports are being cancelled or rescheduled and most of them don't allow any, or in some cases greatly reduced fans.

If and when cruising tries to start up, they will be under a microscope, and in this current situation, they probably feel the chance of passing is slim. If they would fail, that could be the end of cruising as we know it. If it last through the middle of March it will be one year without actual paying customers, all their getting is interest free loans.

December 1 has seen more Covid deaths in the US (over 2760, with 35 minutes remaining EST) than on any other date, so far. Are you talking about another region? Or, perhaps, you mean the death rate, relative to the number of cases?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I am genuinely curious as to what you mean. Tone doesn't come across well online, and plenty of people come to these boards primarily to argue. I am not among them. 

I just lifted and shifted my January Edge cruise to a Feb 22 Apex cruise. That on was paid for with FCC and I wasn't going to get any more money out of them. I also have another January cruise on the Infinity that I paid cash for so I will let them cancel that one and get the FCC. I have a TransPac in September that hopefully goes that I can use that FCC on.

28 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

December 1 has seen more Covid deaths in the US (over 2760, with 35 minutes remaining EST) than on any other date, so far. Are you talking about another region? Or, perhaps, you mean the death rate, relative to the number of cases?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I am genuinely curious as to what you mean. Tone doesn't come across well online, and plenty of people come to these boards primarily to argue. I am not among them. 

I’m talking over the last couple of months, not an individual day here and there. The U.S. is the area.

37 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

37 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

On April 17, 4,571 people died in the U.S. from COVID.

• Host Kat changed the title to Looks like Celebrity is canceling thru February 28, 2021

We moved our March cruise from 2021 to 2022.  However, we had a nine night cruise on the Equinox that, we moved to the Reflection, 7 day cruise, due to my husbands schedule.  Hope the we are all in a better place by then.  

Our next scheduled cruise (lol) is the end of May 2021- but who knows- If we get vaccinated by then maybe it will happen- if not- maybe August 2021.

Maybe the end of February is the current date- but possibly mid 2021 if it is dependent on vaccine availability as the primary factor to resume cruising operations.  I am thinking that all crew members will need to be vaccinated, and once a vaccine is available to them it will be two shots and two months.  And they come from all parts of the world with highly variable vaccine access.  Would you go on a cruise ship if the crew was not certified as vaccinated at this point?  So perhaps Celebrity gets access to a vaccine quantity initially for the crews of Edge and Apex in March-April and brings them on ship at that time to get vaccinated.  That brings us to June for these ships to cruise again.

Today's webinar “CELEBRITY TRADE ANNOUNCEMENTS – 2021 Itinerary changes and NEW 2022 Deployment with Keith Lane, VP Sales Americas! ” at: Fri, Dec 4, 2020 1:15 PM EST - Fri, Dec 4, 2020 2:00 PM EST has been POSTPONED and rescheduled for Tuesday, December 8 at 2:15pm EST.

4 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

Today's webinar “CELEBRITY TRADE ANNOUNCEMENTS – 2021 Itinerary changes and NEW 2022 Deployment with Keith Lane, VP Sales Americas! ” at: Fri, Dec 4, 2020 1:15 PM EST - Fri, Dec 4, 2020 2:00 PM EST has been POSTPONED and rescheduled for Tuesday, December 8 at 2:15pm EST.

Thank you. Do you have a link to the webinar

And last April we were so certain our March 2021 cruise would sail because it was so far out. So sad that it's not likely - a whole year of being unable to sail. It was just too "TBD," so we cancelled a month ago and rebooked for 2022 - Lift and Shift was more like Lift and "Shaft" in our case, and we wound up getting a better deal than we would have for 2021 thanks to our agent, who did all the work. 

Going to try an AI instead - they seem to be doing a good job, at least in Mexico. Without some sunshine in the winter we will go mad.

Just now, hcat said:

I believe one or two lines are mow cancelled into March..

Glad we moved into 2022 but wonder if X will cancel, truncate or play games??

Also lining up a future land vacation to a  Bermuda resort after the Covid eases...it has  great beaches, views, dining, . Golf for dh, spa for me..pricey but a true luxury  vacation!