Jump to content

Cruises Cancelled - January February March 2021


Recommended Posts

Time to start a new thread.

 

Regent Seven Seas Cruises® has agreed to voluntarily suspend operations for cruises embarking through March 2021 aboard Seven Seas Splendor™, Seven Seas Explorer®, Seven Seas Voyager® and Seven Seas Navigator®, as well as all cruises departing though April 2021 aboard Seven Seas Mariner®.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oceania also cancelled select April cruises.  As nothing on RSSC.com yet I wonder if Navigator 2 April Amazon and Explorer 6 April Tokyo cruises will also be cancelled.

 

edited to add: Nope, just through March.

Edited by mrlevin
Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked on April 6th Explorer. I can’t see any way this is going to sail but Regent still want final payment by January 6th. They must have plans to restart so it would be in everyone’s interest to share them even if they are subject to change in the light of developments especially with vaccines. Countries like Japan (especially Japan with the Olympics in the summer) will be ultra careful about easing restrictions too soon and realistically it will be early summer before the majority of people will be vaccinated ( twice with a 28 day gap and then a period before immunity is complete.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

We were booked on the Grand Voyage March 9-May 8, Tokyo-Vancouver.  Obviously the first half of our cruise is gone.  Not sure if we should keep fingers crossed for the April 6 and April 20 segments or just let it all go to FCC's.  Agree that Japan will try to keep the country safe for the Olympics; currently they are denying tourist access.  It doesn't make sense to me that the ship should sail all the way from Italy to Japan only to end up in Vancouver a month later for the Alaska season (maybe).  Hoping for our July and September bookings to sail.  Missing cruising soooo much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tert333 said:

Waiting for the official letter from Regent....

 

 

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE

DATE OF ISSUANCE: DECEMBER 2, 2020

 

 

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Advisor*,

 

Regent Seven Seas Cruises continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have made the difficult decision to cancel your upcoming cruise.

 

For All Active, Paid-in-Full Reservations:

To make up for the inconvenience of canceling your voyage, for all active paid-in-full reservations, Regent will provide a 100% Future Cruise Credit** on the amount paid as of December 2, 2020 when Regent canceled your voyage, plus a Bonus 25% Future Cruise Credit. These Future Cruise Credits can be applied to any reservation within one year on any Regent voyage between now and December 31, 2022.

 

For All Active, Not-Paid-in-Full Reservations:

For active reservations that have not fully paid their cruise fare, Regent will provide a 100% Refund on the amounts paid as of December 2, 2020. Refunds will be processed within 60 days.

 

The Gift of Travel Offer

With our Gift of Travel offer, you can enjoy 20% Savings on select 2021 Mediterranean and Northern Europe voyages when booked by December 31, 2020.

 

 

Additionally, we have extended our Regent Reassurance policy for bookings made by December 31, 2020 on voyages departing through October 31, 2021. Guests who have paid in full may cancel up to 15 days prior to departure date and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit. Click here for more details.

 

**Government taxes and fees, trip insurance, and any pre-purchased items such as Regent Choice excursions or Culinary Arts Kitchen classes will be refunded. The remaining amount paid will be refunded in the form of a 100% Future Cruise Credit and a Bonus 25% Future Cruise Credit. For full details on Future Cruise Credits, please refer to our website. The Future Cruise Credits only apply to bookings where full payment has been received. Some terms may vary by country.

 

For guests who paid in full and prefer to forfeit the higher value of the 100% and 25% Future Cruise Credits, a 100% refund option is available by completing the Refund Request Form no later than December 16, 2020. Refunds will be processed within 60 days after completing the form.  If any portion of the booking has previously applied Future Cruise Credits, those Future Cruise Credits will be reinstated to the guest’s account and are non-refundable.

 

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. Additionally, on October 30, 2020 the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order, a roadmap for the steps the CDC will require for resumption of cruise voyages in the U.S. We are reviewing the Order and continue to partner with global and domestic authorities, including the CDC, to chart a path forward.

 

If you have questions regarding this matter, please contact us using the phone numbers below.

 

Thank you for your patience and loyalty as we manage through this evolving situation. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and we look forward to welcoming you on board in the future.

 

Stay well and keep safe,

 

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

With our March Explorer cruise in the Far East now cancelled we hope that early August 2021 on Navigator proceeds as scheduled 🤞

 

Sad news for us as cruisers but even worse news for Regent staff, officers & crew  ☹️

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, swansong said:

We are booked on April 6th Explorer. I can’t see any way this is going to sail but Regent still want final payment by January 6th.

Didn't they change the final payment date to 60 days for cruises at least through the end of May?  I think your final payment date should be Feb. 5 -- you should check with your TA.

Edited by SusieQft
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2020 at 11:21 AM, Docnduck said:

We were booked on the Grand Voyage March 9-May 8, Tokyo-Vancouver.  Obviously the first half of our cruise is gone.  Not sure if we should keep fingers crossed for the April 6 and April 20 segments or just let it all go to FCC's.  Agree that Japan will try to keep the country safe for the Olympics; currently they are denying tourist access.  It doesn't make sense to me that the ship should sail all the way from Italy to Japan only to end up in Vancouver a month later for the Alaska season (maybe).  Hoping for our July and September bookings to sail.  Missing cruising soooo much.

Oops, the Grand Voyage was Hong Kong to Vancouver.  Still waiting to hear what Regent proposes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Docnduck said:

Oops, the Grand Voyage was Hong Kong to Vancouver.  Still waiting to hear what Regent proposes.

 

We're just waiting for our 31 May Grand Voyage on Navigator to be cancelled at this point.  After all these cancellations I'm almost ready to throw in the towel.  🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

 

We're just waiting for our 31 May Grand Voyage on Navigator to be cancelled at this point.  After all these cancellations I'm almost ready to throw in the towel.  🙄

 

Not me; I made another partial payment today after checking with insurance company about coverage for financial default and COVID.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

 

Not me; I made another partial payment today after checking with insurance company about coverage for financial default and COVID.

Oh, we WANT to cruise with Regent again but are growing weary of the constant recycling of our funds....make a payment; cruise is cancelled, refund our $, book/ pay another cruise...that one gets cancelled...on and on.  We have applied FCC to the Grand Voyage so if that one gets cancelled we have to play the waiting game to get that amount applied toward our September voyage and wait for the remaining  $ refund.  End of rant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Oh, we WANT to cruise with Regent again but are growing weary of the constant recycling of our funds....make a payment; cruise is cancelled, refund our $, book/ pay another cruise...that one gets cancelled...on and on.  We have applied FCC to the Grand Voyage so if that one gets cancelled we have to play the waiting game to get that amount applied toward our September voyage and wait for the remaining  $ refund.  End of rant.

I feel your pain. We just had the March TA cancelled. We've been trying really had to sinc up a cruise with dear friends on the West Coast...we're on the East. This is our 3rd, no go. However we're throwing caution to the wind and working on an Alaska trip we could all go on.

Figuring if you throw enough "stuff" on the wall, sooner or later something will stick.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

I feel your pain. We just had the March TA cancelled. We've been trying really had to sinc up a cruise with dear friends on the West Coast...we're on the East. This is our 3rd, no go. However we're throwing caution to the wind and working on an Alaska trip we could all go on.

Figuring if you throw enough "stuff" on the wall, sooner or later something will stick.....

 

"stuff"....ahhh...such a polite word for what I was REALLY thinking!  😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

Docnduck and others:  

 

We were slated for Explorer's April-May segment, Tokyo to Vancouver, B.C. (with 3-day add-on at Tokyo).  Initially booked this about a year-ago, to include independent air and such.  But, yesterday, bowed to reality.  Explorer remains in the 'Med, treading water.  Too-many segments preceding ours have already been canceled.  So--upon consultation with our TA--

 

"Transferred" the Tokyo visit from 2021 to 2022.  This will (hopefully) be aboard Mariner for a 20-day "Volcanic Sights & Glacial Heights" segment from Tokyo to San Francisco.  Was able to keep the 3-day pre-cruise add-on at Tokyo.  Hope for some cherry blossoms.  

 

So--this makes the third cruise cancelled either by Regent or us since March 13th.  The first was to be aboard Splendor at San Diego incident to our 50th wedding anniversary sailing, San Diego to Miami.  Well, at-least we got to Regent's San Diego hotel. 

 

Hold-out some hope for our October-November Mariner Barcelona-Miami segment. 

 

In the meantime, will have the vaccine.   

 

GOARMY!

  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, flossie009 said:

This article sounds promising that NCLH is actively planning for a phased restart in Spring 2021:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5782/

 

It definitely sounds like cruises will restart in early April.  Our December, January, and March cruises were all cancelled so we are hoping to finally sail in the summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2020 at 9:36 PM, GOARMY said:

Docnduck and others:  

 

We were slated for Explorer's April-May segment, Tokyo to Vancouver, B.C. (with 3-day add-on at Tokyo).  Initially booked this about a year-ago, to include independent air and such.  But, yesterday, bowed to reality.  Explorer remains in the 'Med, treading water.  Too-many segments preceding ours have already been canceled.  So--upon consultation with our TA--

 

"Transferred" the Tokyo visit from 2021 to 2022.  This will (hopefully) be aboard Mariner for a 20-day "Volcanic Sights & Glacial Heights" segment from Tokyo to San Francisco.  Was able to keep the 3-day pre-cruise add-on at Tokyo.  Hope for some cherry blossoms.  

 

So--this makes the third cruise cancelled either by Regent or us since March 13th.  The first was to be aboard Splendor at San Diego incident to our 50th wedding anniversary sailing, San Diego to Miami.  Well, at-least we got to Regent's San Diego hotel. 

 

Hold-out some hope for our October-November Mariner Barcelona-Miami segment. 

 

In the meantime, will have the vaccine.   

 

GOARMY!

  

We very sadly cancelled the same cruise(s) last week. No way Explorer is sailing from Tokyo on April 6. Moved it to 2023. 2022 is hopefully already filled with wonderful Regent cruises. We were going to Tokyo early to visit friends we met when we lived there. Looking forward to seeing them in 2023, which will be our 50th anniversary. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Through my TA we contacted Regent yesterday to cancel the April 6th Tokyo to Tokyo cruise. Regent UK were adamant ( according to the TA ) that it was going ahead. They would not allow a final payment delay to 60 days and to add insult to injury I received a mailer the same day advertising the very same cruise.

 

Also, unlike our previously 3 cancelled cruises they would not allow the deposit to be credited for a future cruise unless I booked one there and then. We have already two booked later next year / early 2022 and another credited deposit that has to be used before end 2021.
 
As the deposit was made on board originally and reduced this would have to be bumped up to 20%.

There is no way I am pouring any more money into their coffers. 

 

All very disappointing as to any informed observer this cruise is not going ahead ( well definitely not in a way I would pay their prices for). As I mentioned in a previous post Japan are going to protect the Olympics and not return to ‘normal’ anytime soon.

Edited by swansong
Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning Swansong - your post makes very disappointing reading of how Regent UK are dealing with your booking for next April.

 

We are booked on the Tokyo to Vancouver cruise and agree there is no way this is going to happen either and have been considering what to do re transferring our deposit to another cruise in the future but might just wait it out and see what happens as we have had our final payment date moved to 8th February which is approx 60 days prior (advised by our TA by email early November), so I would certainly question this with your TA.  If this cruise is not cancelled by Regent by this final payment date, we will decide then what to do but I doubt very much we will be going! 

 

An important fact that they seem to be overlooking is that we (UK) cannot get visas for Japan currently in addition to the required 14 day quarantine on arrival (if you can get a visa that is!).  I have read on CC somewhere that Japan will not be opening to general tourism at that time (Spring 2021), rather very small groups as they want to keep their country "safe" for the Olympics, if indeed they go ahead.  

 

Then we throw into the mix the Canadian and USA restrictions! 

 

We too are quite bereft about the lack of cruising this year but are lucky we are well - the virus seems to be rampant through a few care homes here which is all very sad.  We are now waiting patiently for the vaccine to roll out which for us might be mid-2021, so that's another "no go" reason!  

 

Stay safe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@swansong,

 

For a 14 night cruise, the following are the penalties according to the RSSC "Cancellation & Refund policy for UK onboard bookings" (full copy attached below):

  • From date of deposit to 121 days prior to vacation date: £50pp administrative fee. This administrative fee may be converted to a Future Cruise Credit redeemable on bookings made up to 12 months after cancellation and for travel at any time
  • 120-91 days prior to vacation date: loss of deposit

So it appears that either your TA or the RSSC rep to whom they spoke are applying the rules with undue rigour (11 December to 06 April is 116 days). Since you booked this 14 night cruise while on board and had you cancelled earlier last week you would have been outside the 120 day penalty period and would have received a refund of your deposit less £50pp (the £50pp being made available for your use as a FCC until December 2021).

It is probably worth contacting Regent direct on Monday, speaking to a senior advisor, and ask them to reconsider.

 

538094977_RSSConboardbooking_Aug2019.thumb.jpg.82b904400136e8674deed4b0ab846cd0.jpg

 

 

 

We were also booked on this Tokyo-Tokyo cruise but Regent cancelled our booking at the same time as they cancelled the previous segment. We had the two segments under the same booking number and Regent simply cancelled the complete booking on 2nd December without giving us the option to retain the 6th April segment. We are expecting our deposit to be refunded soon, but are still very disappointed to have missed this long awaited trip to the Far East.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Azamara - We are back with New Greece Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...