Celebrity Prorated My Cruise to Prevailing Rates

I was on an 8 night Equinox that was shortened to 7.   I just assumed it would be prorated based on my original cruise fare.  I checked my cruise planner and called Celebrity because my cruise fare increased by $1700 😠.   They told me not to worry that they had adjusted everyone's cruise fare to prevailing rates then they would prorate from that.  I tried explaining if they prorate on that then they are not price protecting my original rate.  They had no answer.

Anyone on any sailing that received a prorate experience this.  I will give it a few more weeks but not confident that my rate will be reduced from the original fare.  Not comfortable sailing in May anyway but hoping they can straighten the pricing out so I can L&S since I had such a great rate.

We are having the same experience as Want2Cruise 701 for a June Equinox cruise.  I am waiting a couple more weeks to see if they straighten the fare out.  Right now, we show owing more for one night less, lost our original OBC and our perks.  I think Arizona Wildcat is probably right and am hopeful that Celebrity will eventually figure this all out and protect our original rate, perks and OBC.  But I am following these boards to see how things progress, and will call if it doesn’t seem to get sorted out.

14 minutes ago, cacbeausang said:

We are having the same experience as Want2Cruise 701 for a June Equinox cruise.  I am waiting a couple more weeks to see if they straighten the fare out.  Right now, we show owing more for one night less, lost our original OBC and our perks.  I think Arizona Wildcat is probably right and am hopeful that Celebrity will eventually figure this all out and protect our original rate, perks and OBC.  But I am following these boards to see how things progress, and will call if it doesn’t seem to get sorted out.

If you hear anything, please post.  I'm hoping, but based on my conversation he said they would prorate on the prevailing rate which is $1700 more than I paid.

Want2Cruise 701: I was curious after reading the posts again and had some extra time (recently retired/nowhere to go because of Covid) so I called Celebrity (I booked through them directly) and asked about the pro-rating and now I owe more for a 7 day cruise than the 8 day.  I wanted to make sure it would be adjusted and they would protect the rate, perks and original OBC.  The second rep with whom I spoke contacted a supervisor and they adjusted my invoice so I now owe less for the new 7 night cruise than I did for the 8, I have my original OBC plus $100 and the perks are now showing.  When I asked if they could “fix” my Mom’s pricing, he said that they were in the process of adjusting everyone’s invoices so they show the pro-rated protected rate/perks, and it would show in a couple of weeks.

2 things - my new total is much less than the prevailing rate, but about $150 more than I expected based on my old rate, so I need to give it some time and will check again.  I don’t really expect that they will “fix” my Mom’s rate without a call, but I will give it a couple of weeks.  Hope you find this useful.

1 hour ago, cacbeausang said:

Want2Cruise 701: I was curious after reading the posts again and had some extra time (recently retired/nowhere to go because of Covid) so I called Celebrity (I booked through them directly) and asked about the pro-rating and now I owe more for a 7 day cruise than the 8 day.  I wanted to make sure it would be adjusted and they would protect the rate, perks and original OBC.  The second rep with whom I spoke contacted a supervisor and they adjusted my invoice so I now owe less for the new 7 night cruise than I did for the 8, I have my original OBC plus $100 and the perks are now showing.  When I asked if they could “fix” my Mom’s pricing, he said that they were in the process of adjusting everyone’s invoices so they show the pro-rated protected rate/perks, and it would show in a couple of weeks.

2 things - my new total is much less than the prevailing rate, but about $150 more than I expected based on my old rate, so I need to give it some time and will check again.  I don’t really expect that they will “fix” my Mom’s rate without a call, but I will give it a couple of weeks.  Hope you find this useful.

Thanks for the update.  Glad it worked out for you for the most part.  I will give them another call.  I checked my cruise planner again today and the price is still heavily inflated.