Musical ships

Booked a fall 2021 Med cruise on Poesia.  Picked a nice Bella balcony room but now there is no ship listed and my assignment is shown as GUAR.

When I searched for a cruise as if it was a new booking, it looks like it was switched from Poesia to Magnifica.  Hopefully that will be an upgrade.  I had a decent balcony, so I'm hoping that I get a good assignment.  Strange that they didn't inform me of the changes, but that's MSC for you.

We have a July 2021 21 day booked on the Poesia that has also suddenly disappeared. On Thursday there were plenty of cabins available in all classes. The suddenly on Friday an on screen banner announced the sailing is completely booked. Our TA contacted MSC and was told bookings were blocked with more information available next week. 

May be part of the same issue as you are having. 

How did you determine Magnifica might be substituted? I tried the new booking route you suggested but couldn't find anything. 

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

We have a July 2021 21 day booked on the Poesia that has also suddenly disappeared. On Thursday there were plenty of cabins available in all classes. The suddenly on Friday an on screen banner announced the sailing is completely booked. Our TA contacted MSC and was told bookings were blocked with more information available next week. 

How did you determine Magnifica might be substituted? I tried the new booking route you suggested but couldn't find anything. 

Magnifica now shows the same itinerary on the same date that Poesia did.  So while Magnifica isn't listed on my booking, it seems likely that it is taking Poesia's place.

I wonder if they're dumping Poesia, given their new ships coming online?  Awhile back, there was an ad showing Magnifica for sale from a legit ship broker.  Later the ad was withdrawn and it was all some big misunderstanding.  I'm not buying that story, fwiw.

The Magnifica is a sister ship for Poesia. A newer and slightly bigger one, if that matters. The biggest differences are the inclusion of a retractable rooftop on one of the pools, the inclusion of an exclusive bar on the top sundeck for Aurea guests only, and she has a few more cabins as well.

All that said, IMHO I'd await a few more months to see. Nobody knows how and when will this C-19 thing will effectively to be controlled... To let alone, unfortunately the cruising return to normal.

Have a nice day!

On 12/5/2020 at 9:45 AM, Bgwest said:

FWIW, I just noticed that they changed the date.  Nice of MSC to let me know!

About 3 days ago, I booked a short cruise out of Barcelona.  MSC changed it to about a 3 week cruise out of Brazil and never informed me.  Again, glad I checked.

The upside is that the price was the same, but we could not do a cruise of that duration from Brazil no less.   Had I not noticed, it's possible they would have kept my deposit.

One would think they'd let their passengers know when there are changes, especially when the dates are changed.

On 12/6/2020 at 8:10 PM, gtaylor said:

I'll assume that 'Musical Boats' is alluding to 'Musical Chairs' but I was confused by the subject title.

gary

Was meant in a figurative vein, not literally.  Although I suppose there will be music on these ships once they start sailing again.