Jump to content

2 reservations for diffrent cruises at the same time


Recommended Posts

Has anyone ever made to diffrent reservations for 2 diffrent cruises over the same time period?  We currently have an Alaskan Cruise reserved for summer 2021.  We are afraid it may end up getting cancelled and would like to have a backup in the caribbean as plan B with a room we'd like on standby.  We're just wondering if it has ever been done or even allowed.  Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’ve had 2 reservations, same guests on the same ship and sail date.

I'm assuming they would need to be refundable deposits and exclude the suite category ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ashland said:

I'm assuming they would need to be refundable deposits and exclude the suite category ??

Not necessarily.  In my case it was one ref and one non refundable JS but could easily have been a full suite NRD.  It was a case of parents in one cabin, kids in another and another reservation made in the parents name to allow for the addition of BF/GF of the kids.  Sailing was 2 years out so they didn’t know if current BF/GF would be around.  Easy to do name changes as long as one guest remains. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bear79 said:

Has anyone ever made to diffrent reservations for 2 diffrent cruises over the same time period?  We currently have an Alaskan Cruise reserved for summer 2021.  We are afraid it may end up getting cancelled and would like to have a backup in the caribbean as plan B with a room we'd like on standby.  We're just wondering if it has ever been done or even allowed.  Thanks

People make a career of doing that. Multiple cruises booked for the same week on the same line or different lines. The one that has the best deal before final payment is the one they board. This is probably the biggest reason that cruise lines have started to push the non refundable deposit.

Edited by Iamcruzin
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

People make a career of doing that. Multiple cruises booked for the same week on the same line or different lines. The one that has the best deal before final payment is the one they board. This is probably the biggest reason that cruise lines have started to push the non refundable deposit.

"Probably"... it was the reason .... this started a few years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bear79 said:

Has anyone ever made to diffrent reservations for 2 diffrent cruises over the same time period?  We currently have an Alaskan Cruise reserved for summer 2021.  We are afraid it may end up getting cancelled and would like to have a backup in the caribbean as plan B with a room we'd like on standby.  We're just wondering if it has ever been done or even allowed.  Thanks

Have in past and currently do, similar situation afraid one ship might be "retired" by 2022

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had 3 cruises booked the same week before.  

 

2 on RC and one on Princess.

 

Then make a decision just before final payment.

 

You can have an many as you want.

 

Just need to have the multiple deposits available....

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have this for March 2022.  Awhile ago when cruises opened up we booked Oasis.  However due to the ongoing cancellations, we also have Anthem booked as we really want to go her.  We'll see at our final payment where things are.  The departure port may make a difference (Miami vs New Jersey) as well as the ship (Anthem is indoors) .  The main plan is cruise Anthem in December and Oasis in March, but if things still aren't yet settled, then we'll have to make a call for March which to keep and which to cancel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Crystal Cruises - New! Luxury Bahamas Escapes
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...