RCI Playing Games? Bait and switch?

SRF

Just now, Barley928 said:

I hear what you are saying,  I am an agent also.  Now if the original booking had your husband on it then the FCC had his name on it.  As they are not transferable your husbands amount must go onto San FCC with his   name on it.  You can each use only one fcc EACH when you book.  Ask for resolutions.  You want the agent on Royals side to get them immediately.  Royal insists that you cannot put someone else’s credit on your name.  They need to do it correctly now before it further gets all messed up.

Have your agent insist resolutions speaks to her.

joyce

2 minutes ago, Barley928 said:

I hear what you are saying,  I am an agent also.  Now if the original booking had your husband on it then the FCC had his name on it.  As they are not transferable your husbands amount must go onto San FCC with his   name on it.  You can each use only one fcc EACH when you book.  Ask for resolutions.  You want the agent on Royals side to get them immediately.  Royal insists that you cannot put someone else’s credit on your name.  They need to do it correctly now before it further gets all messed up.

Have your agent insist resolutions speaks to her.

joyce

The original booking had my husband on it, but instead of him getting the FCC, I got two assigned to me instead. 😞

18 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

The original booking had my husband on it, but instead of him getting the FCC, I got two assigned to me instead. 😞

That is what resolutions has to change. No agent on the phone can do it without resolutions

joyce

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/8/2020 at 7:27 AM, A&L_Ont said:

When we saw the CDC order, well before final for our March week cruise, we just cancelled before final payment and took the FCC for our no refundable Star Class sailing.

I wouldn’t have made final payment on any cabin, just to get my full payment and deposit back. Either the FCC will be good in a year or no one is ever cruising again. I’d sooner risk $530 in FCC than pay the full cruise off, only to have them change their policy or declare bankruptcy etc. It’s not the option I like but it is the smartest one. 

I’m not sure why the OP would not cancel before final and get their deposit back, or if it is non-refundable realize they booked it that way for a reason well before the pandemic was acknowledged. It is not much of a benefit but at least people aren’t getting docked a $100 fee before the FFC.

Because I was not paying attention to everything in the cruise world.

However, I did post a thread about the possibilities the night before, but no one mentioned the CDC order.  So I did the final.  It was not a huge amount more, as I had 125% of a cancelled 11 night cruise, but at one step lower cabin class.

• Like 1