P&O Arvia Construction

Monorail Orange

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Based in Malta and Barbados?

I’d bet if they are thinking Med that they pop her in and out of Barcelona instead and keep Azura on Malta itinerary’s sticking to the East. 

Barcelona is a good home port for us younger folk to stay before or after a cruise. 

edit to add: but Moley seemed very insistent that they are wanting to do a canary fly cruise programme with her. 

Edited by joeecco

22 minutes ago, joeecco said:

Looks absolutely superb, can not wait to sail on her. Hopefully they register her in Bermuda so we can look at having our ‘Plan B’ wedding on her! 

Doesn't she look wonderful!  I've been meaning to 'speak' to you directly Joeecco but time has run away with me.  Just wanted to say how sorry I was about your wedding plans being thrown into chaos by the cancellations.  I'm not on P&O until next year so it didn't affect directly but I know a lot on this forum were, and are so disappointed by the news, but you guys were the first people I thought of. This could be a wonderful Plan B!  Best wishes. Jane.x   

• Like 2

Just now, Beckett said:

Doesn't she look wonderful!  I've been meaning to 'speak' to you directly Joeecco but time has run away with me.  Just wanted to say how sorry I was about your wedding plans being thrown into chaos by the cancellations.  I'm not on P&O until next year so it didn't affect directly but I know a lot on this forum were, and are so disappointed by the news, but you guys were the first people I thought of. This could be a wonderful Plan B!  Best wishes. Jane.x   

Ah how lovely, thank you very much Jane that’s really kind, nice of you to think of us x

19 minutes ago, joeecco said:

Ah how lovely, thank you very much Jane that’s really kind, nice of you to think of us x

Just think Joe, you could be the first couple to be married whilst balancing on a rope bridge over the top deck. Seriously though, I hope everything gets fixed up for you both.

3 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Just think Joe, you could be the first couple to be married whilst balancing on a rope bridge over the top deck. Seriously though, I hope everything gets fixed up for you both.

Sounds amazing haha!

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Based in Malta and Barbados?

I have also been wondering about her deployment. I would assume if Arvia was to take over doing Malta sailings, Azura would return to Southampton offering sailings to the Med and/or canaries from here. (Or Arvia will do this and Azura will remain). Still I’m assuming her Winter season, thus including her Maiden, will be somewhere other than the UK. Maybe Barbados, but would they want 3 ships based there - it takes two days to fill up Azura!

50 minutes ago, Britboys said:

So we've now seen almost as much of Arvia that comes into service nearly two years away as we have of Iona, that is already built... strange marketing from P&O I feel...

This was my exact thought when I saw them sharing these images on twitter.

I think I would actually have preferred more detail on Iona at this stage if they wanted to share stuff?

• Like 1

Just now, JP82 said:

This was my exact thought when I saw them sharing these images on twitter.

I think I would actually have preferred more detail on Iona at this stage if they wanted to share stuff?

I might be wrong but we haven’t seen any interior shots of Iona yet have we, aside from renderings?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

I have also been wondering about her deployment. I would assume if Arvia was to take over doing Malta sailings, Azura would return to Southampton offering sailings to the Med and/or canaries from here. (Or Arvia will do this and Azura will remain). Still I’m assuming her Winter season, thus including her Maiden, will be somewhere other than the UK. Maybe Barbados, but would they want 3 ships based there - it takes two days to fill up Azura!

I reckon they’ll either send her to the gulf which has LNG capability or to Barbados in place of Britannia because Azura’s soon to become a ‘sun ship’ too. 

8 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

I might be wrong but we haven’t seen any interior shots of Iona yet have we, aside from renderings?

Indeed. Iirc, renderings of Atrium, Skydome and cabins are about the only things widely published by P&O of Iona so far. I have seen a couple of renderings of the Gelato bar and Cinema reception area but don't recall if that was on the P&O site or elsewhere. I don't believe any actual photos have been shared despite the fact that she was handed over months ago now.

5 minutes ago, joeecco said:

I reckon they’ll either send her to the gulf which has LNG capability or to Barbados in place of Britannia because Azura’s soon to become a ‘sun ship’ too. 

Where would Britannia go? Year round Southampton? I think this is likely too. 

8 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Where would Britannia go? Year round Southampton? I think this is likely too. 

I reckon so yes, replacing itinerary’s that Oceana covered? Maybe Canaries (EDIT: and the Baltics of course!) that would leave 

Azura on her current schedule 

Ventura doing the Western Europe trips 

and Iona in to the fjords.

Maybe they’ll send Britannia to the gulf if Arvia takes her place in Barbados at winter (Or the same with Azura) 

2 adults ships untouched

Moley have strong indications that Arvia will be doing fly canary cruises but I’d like to think that P&O would think about homeporting her in Barcelona and doing more of the western med routes whilst Azura stays out of Malta focusing on Adriatic and Greece. 

Pure guess work of course but I’d love to be the one making these decisions, a giant jigsaw! 

Edited by joeecco

With regard to location, I think it will also depend on P&O's itinerary strategy going forward. Until now, Aurora and Arcadia generally have alternated each year between a World Cruise and a long cruise to somewhere like South America. Many of us feel that Aurora in particular may have her days numbered once Arvia comes on stream. Do P&O want to continue offering a World Cruise and/or a 60+ night itinerary elsewhere? They have previously offered a World Cruise on Azura but it was never repeated. Maybe because it didn't sell well enough?

It will be interesting to see how things pan out.

1 minute ago, Britboys said:

With regard to location, I think it will also depend on P&O's itinerary strategy going forward. Until now, Aurora and Arcadia generally have alternated each year between a World Cruise and a long cruise to somewhere like South America. Many of us feel that Aurora in particular may have her days numbered once Arvia comes on stream. Do P&O want to continue offering a World Cruise and/or a 60+ night itinerary elsewhere? They have previously offered a World Cruise on Azura but it was never repeated. Maybe because it didn't sell well enough?

It will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Didn’t know Azura has already done a worldie! Wow. Moley said they’re considering sending her one one soon when we was vocal recently. 

I agree Aurora will leave the fleet at the end of the current schedule in Nov 2022 before Arvia joins. 

maybe they will do what Cunard do by sending (say Azura) on a long trip to Vancouver and then doing 3 or 4 Alaska cruises, then a one way trip to Asia (Cunard do Japan but maybe P&O could do Singapore and surrounding area) to then do 3 or 4 cruises there and then a one way trip to Dubai and 3 or 4 cruises there, essentially mini seasons as the ship slowly makes its way around the world. That would be a good way to test demand for different areas. 

4 minutes ago, joeecco said:

Didn’t know Azura has already done a worldie! Wow. Moley said they’re considering sending her one one soon when we was vocal recently. 

I agree Aurora will leave the fleet at the end of the current schedule in Nov 2022 before Arvia joins. 

maybe they will do what Cunard do by sending (say Azura) on a long trip to Vancouver and then doing 3 or 4 Alaska cruises, then a one way trip to Asia (Cunard do Japan but maybe P&O could do Singapore and surrounding area) to then do 3 or 4 cruises there and then a one way trip to Dubai and 3 or 4 cruises there, essentially mini seasons as the ship slowly makes its way around the world. That would be a good way to test demand for different areas. 

Decent conjecture there. Once Aurora leaves, whenever that is, Arcadia, Ventura and Iona will be will be the ships suitable for cold weather cruising. With Cunard due a 4th ship in (I think) 2023, that will further complicate itinerary planning especially whilst the Cunard CEO is also ultimately responsible for P&O too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Britboys said:

Decent conjecture there. Once Aurora leaves, whenever that is, Arcadia, Ventura and Iona will be will be the ships suitable for cold weather cruising. With Cunard due a 4th ship in (I think) 2023, that will further complicate itinerary planning especially whilst the Cunard CEO is also ultimately responsible for P&O too.

I wish they’d do more Iceland trips personally and a few Greenland stops.

What itinerary’s would you like to see from P&O and if you were in charge where would you send each ship? Must be an Interesting job for that team! 

37 minutes ago, joeecco said:

I reckon so yes, replacing itinerary’s that Oceana covered? Maybe Canaries (EDIT: and the Baltics of course!) that would leave 

Azura on her current schedule 

Ventura doing the Western Europe trips 

and Iona in to the fjords.

Maybe they’ll send Britannia to the gulf if Arvia takes her place in Barbados at winter (Or the same with Azura) 

2 adults ships untouched

Moley have strong indications that Arvia will be doing fly canary cruises but I’d like to think that P&O would think about homeporting her in Barcelona and doing more of the western med routes whilst Azura stays out of Malta focusing on Adriatic and Greece. 

Pure guess work of course but I’d love to be the one making these decisions, a giant jigsaw! 

I think this could be quite likely. Although note Iona does Canaries in the winter so not sure they would put Britannia on this aswell. Britannia isn’t really a cold weather ship so they would obviously need to be cautious about basing her in the UK.

The gulf is a good point - I think P&O do plan to go back there so the logical step would be to use Azura and then if they prove popular upgrade to Britannia or Arvia 

1 hour ago, Jack McGowan said:

I do wonder if most of Iona is still covered in protective coverings to the furniture and carpets etc, as since before it left Papenburg covid had struck and any plans of passengers were gone.

Keeping it all clean and tidy for the first guests to embark.

Just now, jaydee6969 said:

I do wonder if most of Iona is still covered in protective coverings to the furniture and carpets etc, as since before it left Papenburg covid had struck and any plans of passengers were gone.

Keeping it all clean and tidy for the first guests to embark.

Quite possibly. Still we haven’t see anything at all, we have even seen the inside of Odyssey Of The Seas and she isn’t even finished yet haha!

10 minutes ago, joeecco said:

I wish they’d do more Iceland trips personally and a few Greenland stops.

What itinerary’s would you like to see from P&O and if you were in charge where would you send each ship? Must be an Interesting job for that team! 

As I've been lucky enough to have cruised for some years, I would like some smaller, less visited ports but that is not going to happen with P&O as they continue to increase the size of their ships. I'm not really the one to ask about this as I don't see me having many more cruises with P&O. Their new style of cruising is not for me. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, just that it's not for me.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, joeecco said:

Whilst everything you say is possible,you have to consider that Carnival have all these areas covered by one or more of their other cruise lines, and they clearly see P&O as a UK based cruise line with Southampton as its main base  serving primarily UK passengers.

Fly cruises are possible to areas with sufficient demand, the Med, Caribbean, Gulf and maybe even the Canaries, although the Southampton cruises to the Canaries are extremely popular, and the Canaries already have lots of fly cruise offering from other lines, which might impact their fly cruise demand.

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Whilst everything you say is possible,you have to consider that Carnival have all these areas covered by one or more of their other cruise lines, and they clearly see P&O as a UK based cruise line with Southampton as its main base  serving primarily UK passengers.

Fly cruises are possible to areas with sufficient demand, the Med, Caribbean, Gulf and maybe even the Canaries, although the Southampton cruises to the Canaries are extremely popular, and the Canaries already have lots of fly cruise offering from other lines, which might impact their fly cruise demand.

I do see that yes, I just don’t believe Carnival see P&O having a mega ship turning around each day in Southampton, there would be hardly any variation in schedules.