12-10-20 Thursday Weigh-In....Getting Pass All The Holidays Without A Gain....Can You?

Belle

Did you make  this week's weigh-in without a gain...lets hear

Still have three more weeks to weigh-in till the new year

No gains for the month of December will really be nice

So not having to lose the same pounds twice

I know December is a hard month with all the food

If we could teach ourselves to just have a little taste of what's good  (not the whole thing)🤐

All we can to is try our best each day and not eat more if we slip

Remember a saying that goes something like...What goes over the Lips..  Lands on the Hips

Oh the food feast has begun!! Never made it to my son's last night but will go tonight & S is coming in from SF this weekend and next weekend to have some family holiday time. He has no idea my dtr is in his room until her bed gets here or she leaves. And I did NOT indulge !! So weight's the same 😷

I'm interested in how everyones traditions are changing this year. It's hard to be motivated to do the same thing as this is a weird year

HI all!

Thanks for the birthday messages. Maybe the birthday is what did me in as I'm up 0.8 lbs so out of the 160's boo hoo .Oh well, I enjoyed my cake & have bought some Christmas treats that I'm into already.

Congrats to staying the same!!

Stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Belle I also thank you for starting this thread.  I jumped in about Sept. but feel like I know everyone.  I think I would have wavered more if I was accountable.

Jan and Jo small gains but not bad.  Jo you will get back into the 160s and stay there soon.

Ombud and Diana great for staying the same. 

Im down 0.8 this week.  November,  just made 5# goal.  This month is continuing to be slow.   Changing things up.  Walked the neighborhood yesterday and saw 7 deer by retention pond.  Too much clearing for new houses forcing critters closer to  homes.   Wild pigs tore up the front of neighborhood this week.  

Cleaning house-  for Salvation Army pickup -  lots of TOO BIG clothes, jackets, Quilts,  misc furniture, curtains.  

I have a son 48, and granddaughter 25 who live nearby.   I don’t decorate for holidays —-too depressing if I am alone.   The only  traditions  I have are breakfast casserole  And  funny gifts.   Billy Bass the singing fish has gone back and forth for 20 years.  

Everyone keep up the good work .

• Like 1

Ombud, our family members are all over the U.S. so we don't get together too often.  But with family near us, we like to gather for lunch at a restaurant, do that a couple of times over Thanksgiving, Xmas. Then wander around a mall, see the xmas tree, etc. We find that easier and more fun for everyone rather than cooking a big meal and all that cleanup (which I hate).

Like to have neighbors over too for cocktails, etc. Those things won't be happening. None of that happening this year....

Jo, considering it was your birthday that was not a big gain. i know the 160's will be in your future.

Izena, congrats on getting to your November goal, awesome.

Hubby and I went grocery shopping this morning. We find 9am to be a great time with very few people. A sign on the door said max capacity 100. Well, you could have thrown bowling balls in any direction, down all the aisles. It was almost desserted. There 5 employees, we only saw 5/6 customers. 2 registers open, no waiting. 

The other store we went to (where we get our produce), same thing. We saw maybe 5 customers. No wait at the register.

I'm still fighting with the leaves. The leaf blower blows the leaves and the bark. I may have to rake and blow. Ugh. Fortunately it's only once a year. 

Have a good day.

Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Good Afternoon All...Good to see you.

I stayed the same this week  A loss would of been nice but my goal for

this month is to not to have a gain, in fact till Jan. 7th the weigh-in after new years.

This is a hard month in so many ways this year. Hope I and the world can start

NEW in 2021.

Jan...Remember the yo-yo goes down and so will your weight.

Ombud...Wishing you well with your "kids" Yes the holidays are different for everyone this year

Diana...Glad no gain. Know it's sad not seeing people at Christmas like we did.

Jo...Birthdays only come once a year. Glad you enjoyed. Small gain you'll lose it.

Izena...Good Nov. loss and today. Your doing such a good job. Glad you joined us.

Hi all,

Belle, thanks for starting us again! I think that's a great goal to have between now and New Years!

Jo - Happy belated birthday! Sorry for the gain, but it's not much.

Jan - Sorry for the gain.

Ombud - Happy Hanukkah! We usually have a dinner with a couple my husband used to work with, and we go to his company Christmas party. We're not going to do either. I'm not even sure his company is having one this year - it's usually dinner at a restaurant. They rent out the whole place and it's always shoulder to shoulder. Christmas itself is going to be exactly the same for us though. It's always just us 4 at our house. The only real difference there is that I got my shopping done early this year. I need to pick up a bag of coffee beans for DH's stocking, but everything else is done and is supposed to be delivered here by Tuesday (most of it is already here). I'm usually a 5-10 day out gift shopper, and it's been a nice change having it done so early.

Izena - nice loss!

Diana - nice you have so few in the grocery store. I needed something for some cake samples so I ran into Walmart yesterday. I couldn't believe about 1/3 of the people I saw in the store didn't have a mask on, and we're still under a state mandate. I got what I needed, got out, and bathed in hand sanitizer when in the car.  

Mel, yikes re: your Walmart visit. I know about bathing in santizer. When I get home I can't wait to wash my hands (actually this germaphobe washes her hands twice).

One thing about where we live, people without masks are very far and few between. 

My observation... when we do see someone without one it's almost exclusively males in their 20's and 30's. Oh to be the age when we thought we were immortal.

And businesses here won't let you in without a mask. Some businesses even have security guards to make sure you have one on. No mask, no service. Most businesses provide them too which I think is smart. 

Diana

Edited by winewanderer

They used to have a giant sign saying you were required to have one to enter and 3 people at the entrance to make sure everyone had their mask, but they stopped that a few weeks ago. I've seen more and more people without them each time I've been in since then. My poor son has chaffed knuckles and wrists he's been washing so much. I don't think he's been rinsing the soap off as well as he should. When you're 8 and have a video game waiting, proper rinsing takes too long! 😄 Last night we rubbed Vaseline all over his hands instead of lotion. They're a little better today, but I'm sure it's going to take a while to heal with the colder weather headed our way. 

Hello this Friday.  Everyone MIA again. Is everything getting you down?

Another stay at home order when we've been doing it already.

Well the the smart people are and they wear masks when they should.

Why wearing the masks are so much trouble for some...don't  they know that one 

thing can save their lives and others. I hope with the Holidays, warnings that they

understand better what they should do. But will they?

The vaccine will becoming but most people won't get it for months and months.

I want my daughter to get it before me as she works everyday with the public.

Will they do that before age. Who knows? Do they even know how there doing it at 

all beside giving it to Doctors and Nurses.

I now the Holidays are so different for us all this year. But we're doing the right thing

all of us in here are staying safe.

Have a good weekend and enjoy the rest of the day.  When I say...Good or Enjoy

I mean just have the best day you can with everything that's going on.

That's all we can do.

• Like 1

Better in their house / apartment than mine. 20201211_125755.thumb.jpg.ca9137284b333ef4c921647fad2ca981.jpg

Mel, good that the Vaseline is working on the poor little guys hands 

Diana, I really appreciate the guards monitoring how many can enter / turning away those without masks. I've given up and gone back to curbside pickup 

Izena, LOST!!! Wow just wow and this time of year👍

Belle, I'll try to stay tuned in but no promises. Plus I'm gaining a little but expected to this time of year. Hoping to keep it under 2 lbs

belle, sadly I guess there isn't much to say these days. I was busy today cleaning the house, doing laundry, fighting with the leaves in the front yard. 

The sadness of everything really got to me today, maybe because hubby and I received some xmas cards. Just the stress of not seeing family or friends. And reading people not wearing masks, all the death. But, we have to stay strong and smart. Keep doing what we're doing.

I am so blessed that none our my or hubby's family or our friends have had COVID. Just not sure how long that will last.

Ombud, your goodie boxes look so nice. 

Take care everyone, stay safe.

Diana

Writing at night but sure you'll be reading Sat. morning or afternoon.

That your having a nice and peaceful day.

Ombud...Your gifts look so nice. Sure everyone will enjoy. Yes it's hard

at this time of the year not to have a gain but we hope it's small and

we get it off soon.

Diana...True we usually don't have much to say as we stay at home.

I have something today to say then probably nothing happening till Christmas. 

Boring days as usual.

My daughter came and bought me a few things I wanted. We had takeout

Mexican for a late lunch or early dinner. Called mine dinner.

Other wise just trying to clean out things-----slowly.   What I do is work on 

one room a little and then work on another room doing something different.

If try to do one room till finish I get bored. Since by myself doesn't matter

if things out of place. What ever works and this works for me.  Oh and I put up

my  Christmas tree.

I did get a call instead of an e-mail which surprise me telling me they got my

e-mail and that I wanted a refund for my four cruises. Wonder how long it will be.

Take care all...Still can't believe Hanukkak now and Christmas in two weeks

and then 2021.

OMG Belle! You have 4 more canceled cruises!!! I'm just waiting on 1. A little depressing to log in and see "Your next cruise is in 147 days" even though Princess canceled it (just trying to see if there's been any movement on refund). Any pics of your tree? We don't do one but they are so pretty 🎄

Diana, are you or the leaves winning? Rain today FINALLY 

Diana — I mow my leaves — easier than taking then I use them as mulch.

weather has been chilly and grey in Houston area.  Makes for great walking.  No baking goodies this year, I tend to eat more than I give away.  Re- vamped my diet - actually seriously counting calories.

My friends March Viking cruise has been cancelled.   I expecting my April cruise to get Cancelled.  That gives me more time to get to final goal weight.  

Mask wearing compliance is pretty good in the area.  I don’t understand people’s resistance.    I have noticed  I forget I have my mask on —- I’ve been using my grinch mask

Hi Ombud and Izena  Hope your day is going well.

Ombud..I had a lots of cruises for next year. Most of them Free

(nice since I pay double) but alas as they say to good to be true.

They were true but cancelled. No pics of tree, nothing special.

Did you make your son's house and take the goodies.

Izena...It's sad most cruises are getting cancelled. You never know,

yours might sail. Yes baking is a test better to not bake. There's candy

I make, going back and forth if I should make it because know I'll eat some.

Good luck on counting the calories. Doing a good job.

Hope everyone else is having a nice day. Hope you come in and say hello

today. Tell us if your doing anything interesting. We like to hear what everyone

is doing. Think we're all bored staying home. Some of you have a busier home or

life then some of us. (especially me, Gee seems like I'm complaining all the time)

I'm fine🙂, guess I just miss everything like everyone else. The Holidays are so

different this year.

Ombud, forgot to say, Happy Hanukkah. Yes, rain yeah. The leaves are definitely winning. 

Izena, if we had lawn we would mow but our front yard is bark and plants. I used the leaf blower again and rake. Worked ok. We have an oak tree. Wasn't a problem 3 years ago when we moved to this house because it was so small but now much bigger. Oh well, I'll muddle through, it's almost bare, just a pain trying to get the leaves off the bark and out of the plants. 

Today hubby and I are celebrating our "thedaywemetversary". 28 years ago. Wow, time flies. This afternoon made pineapple margaritas. Dinner is NY steak, potatoes, vegetable, nice bottle of wine. 

We're watching silly movies todays. Laughing which is good mental medicine. PS, we also watched a special, Dr. Suess The Grinch Musical. It was excellent. 

Belle, such a bummer your cruises were cancelled. I'm almost throwing in the cruise towel on 2021. I just wonder how much things will get better considering the citizen defiance (mask wearing, gathering) and lack of willingness to get the vaccine. Time will tell. 

Have a nice evening everyone, stay safe.

Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Diana, I'll look for the Dr Seuss musical on Demand. I could do with a good laugh

Izena, love the grinch mask! People are pretty good about it here too. Now I even see masks on walkers / not runners as that would be too hard unless they have a vent. And the vent defeats the purpose 

Belle, yes the solo supplement is steep. But I still pay. My next cruise isn't until December 2021 and I'm still waiting to book air. I'm skeptical that it'll happen as I've / we've all had so many canceled 

I handed out all the boxes except my granddaughter's. She's getting hers next Saturday. I haven't seen her since Thanksgiving and she's having a really hard time with Sheltering at Home.  Actually started crying at the table. I think its worse for kids ..... hard for all of us but worse for them. 

This is a really weird year! I haven't gained yet

Ombud - your gift boxes look nice. I'm sure they were enjoyed. Sorry your granddaughter is having a hard time. 

Belle - we haven't done much this weekend. We were lazy all day yesterday - watched A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood with DH and then we all watched Christmas Chronicles 2 last night. I have two sets of samples I'm dropping off this afternoon. 

Diana - one of the trees in our front yard is an oak, but it's only a few years old. We walked through one of the older phases of our neighborhood the other day and the streets are lined with 10-15 year old oaks with leaves everywhere too.

Izena - I love seeing the funny masks when I'm out. I hope your re-vamped calorie conscious-ness helps get you where you want to be!

We got our first box of meals. The kids helped make the first one, so it felt like it took forever to get in the oven with all that "extra help". The second one went smoother I think because we were a little more used to how the instructions were written (and it was just DH and me in the kitchen for that one). The first meal was just OK, but the other was great and I wasn't really sure about that particular recipe. I hope what we picked for this week is good too - it was nice to have the variety. We opened a bag of tortilla chips for the kids and I had a handful on Friday and a handful more yesterday. Holy salt Batman!🧂 I'm up 4 pounds over those two days and everything else has been the same food wise. No more chips for me!

• Thanks 1

Hello on this Sunday evening. Hope everyone had a nice day.

I was lazy the 1st half then I got to cleaning more stuff out.

Making a dent. would be farther along if didn't look and read

everything and have memories of some of the papers and stuff.

Memories of my husband are the hardest.

Ombud...Glad you got to give out your boxes. Tell your granddaughter she's

not the only one that crying at  this time, we've all done it and probably do

it again.

Mel...You trees are so pretty. Glad you had a good day relaxing and watching movies.

My daughter just got a gift of a tiger masks. She loves tigers. Glad you like your meals.

I know it's so madding how fast we can gain but so slow in losing and especially when

eating the same food or just a little extra.

Diana...Glad you had a good "the day you met"  party for the two of you. Congrats!💕

I sure hope cruises go in 2021 forever one. To be selfish at least by July my 1st cruise

planned.

Wishing you all a good start to the week tomorrow and whatever weight was gained🙁

on the weekend goes off during the week.☺️