NCL current 30% off and 5 free deals

Jota62

The sales are a joke.  I remember cruising not too long ago 7 nights for $2400 (2 people with all perks).  Trying to find a reasonable prices for cruises that are not even sailing now is impossible.  Hawaii x 7 days = $18,000 plus for 3 people in one 2 bedroom room (really just a side room).  I understand cruises at some times of year (Christmas) is more expensive.  But for $18,000, I could plan an incredible luxury vacation.  That price is just insane.  If the cruise lines don't stop raising prices so much to recover their losses, I'm certain bankruptcy is just a matter of time.  Anticipate that with Covid still lurking for another year, are people really ready to jump on a ship with 4,000 people plus 2,000 crew on one of the big ships?

I have two cruise next certificates, but with the crazy costs of booking a cruise, I'm better off throwing the certificates in the trash.  We will see if the prices change for the better.

As the old saying goes, "there is a sucker born every minute".

People need to take care of themselves first. There are many travel options out there, cruising is merely one.

With those prices and those before the virus, no wonder we have scaled back cruising in favor of land based trips - more bang for the buck and more real destination experience.

Cruise lines get real.

Here is what happened to us. Our cruise to Bahamas out of NY canceled in April 2020, we took the 125% FCC with I believe 20% off next booking. We used the FCC to book same cruise out of NY one year later in 2020, and had $1,900 of FCC left and booked Bermuda for 2022. Well things here fell apart, surgeries will not allow me to travel, so we cancelled the 2020 cruise and rebooked an Eastern Caribbean out of Miami in 2022, using the FCC and figured we would be fine, I did a mock booking and it looked like the same cost as the cruise we are cancelling, especially with the 30% off, and still have the $1,900 left on the Bermuda sailing. well, after booking the Eastern Caribbean, the TA tells me they will need to pull $1,000 from the Bermuda FCC booking if I  did not want to pull cash out of pocket, so we did. Something not right, 30% off and I still lose $1,000 FCC to this sailing when a mock booking had the price within $100 ?