Club Orange Cost and Benefits???

fadeintoblue

6 hours ago, leerathje said:

Sounds possible.....And are you able to pick your room, or is it guarantee?

We recently added Club Orange through our TA to an existing booking, and had forgotten about the upgrade. Several days later we called HAL directly  (Club Orange phone number) and a very helpful person gave us a choice, then another, until we settled on the 3rd stateroom location we liked best. Took no more than five minutes and when we checked later, our big box TA already had the new stateroom number in their records. Very efficient process, but YMMV.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

We recently added Club Orange through our TA to an existing booking, and had forgotten about the upgrade. Several days later we called HAL directly  (Club Orange phone number) and a very helpful person gave us a choice, then another, until we settled on the 3rd stateroom location we liked best. Took no more than five minutes and when we checked later, our big box TA already had the new stateroom number in their records. Very efficient process, but YMMV.

How much of a category upgrade was the cabin?

2 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

It is an upgrade to the best available room within the existing “meta category.” I think we were in a B Vista Suite and the upgrade was to an A.

Thanks.  Sounds like a good deal IMO.  I really like selecting my cabin.

12 hours ago, Crew News said:

I already had my room and had no wish to give it up.  I cannot answer your question about guarantee. 

Here is the number that may be able to help you:  Holland America Line Ship Inventory at 1-888-628-8107 or 206-626-7381.

What information is available from the Holland America Line Ship Inventory?  Do they tell you which staterooms are available and how many guarantees are unassigned?

5 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

I’m surprised that Club Orange would help you with the upgrade. Usually anything related to a TA booking has to go through the TA.

2 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

What information is available from the Holland America Line Ship Inventory?  Do they tell you which staterooms are available and how many guarantees are unassigned?

Others have reported that Ship Inventory can assign your stateroom when you call about Club Orange so no need to wait for guarantee.  Cannot hurt to try.

24 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Others have reported that Ship Inventory can assign your stateroom when you call about Club Orange so no need to wait for guarantee.  Cannot hurt to try.

I had a vf guarantee on my next cruise.  I was told by my pcc that I could pick a va cabin.  I looked what was showing as “available” on the big box store website because I find it easier to navigate.  I found a vb cabin I wanted as was assigned that rather than pick a va.  I did have to pay the upgrade cost immediately.  Maybe that’s because I got an upgrade out of it rather than staying with what I booked.

3 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I had a vf guarantee on my next cruise.  I was told by my pcc that I could pick a va cabin.  I looked what was showing as “available” on the big box store website because I find it easier to navigate.  I found a vb cabin I wanted as was assigned that rather than pick a va.  I did have to pay the upgrade cost immediately.  Maybe that’s because I got an upgrade out of it rather than staying with what I booked.

Sounds like the case.  When this thread final exhausts itself, we should have a good idea of how the CO system works for all conditions.

4 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Unfortunately with CO the upgrade applies to the highest category currently available or stay with what you have being the Guarantee and taking your chance. Sadly the category V and VA for verandahs are not always the best locations many of the VB cabins are actually much better. With CO you have to take the higest. 99.9% of the time HAL actually wins in this situation because often those VA or V cabins are not sold out, especially on many of the upcoming sailings where they are not taking the sailings to 100% occupancy let alone full occupancy with triple and quad cabins. They will always have some of these staterooms available and most will not be what you want. HAL will give ship board credit but only if there are absolutely not any remaining staterooms in your meta higher than the category you have reserved, by meta meaning Interior cabins, Ocean View Cabins, Verandah cabins and Signature Suite Cabins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I do have a question regarding Club Orange, Do the luggage tags state Priority like those in Neptune Suites?

Mine from Nov 2021 have an orange background to the ship name.  No words of "priority"..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Mine from Nov 2021 have an orange background to the ship name.  No words of "priority"..

Interesting, I did add the CO to my reservation but the color on my luggage tags is a Turquoise Blue which was the same as it was prior to adding it. 

1 minute ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Interesting, I did add the CO to my reservation but the color on my luggage tags is a Turquoise Blue. 

Might be just a timing thing.

On the priority luggage issue, I'm not sure how the sort of luggage takes place.  I have watched all luggage go into the same ship's luggage carts irregardless of priority.  Once it enters the terminal for Security screening, perhaps that is where the sort is performed BUT i really doubt that is the case.  That leaves the ship to do the sorting once the cart comes onboard where it must be sorted by deck and location.  I don;'t think that there are Room Stewards standing by to just take "priority" luggage since it all goes to the same elevator area on each deck for delivery.

Through 2016, I sailed in Neptune Suites and my luggage was delivered at the same time as the luggage in aft staterooms.

Bottom line:  I think the "priority" is a consumer term to make guests feel good.  This would be a good question to ask my Room Steward in November.

On 7/9/2021 at 1:48 AM, leerathje said:

I's like to ask if anyone has booked Club Orange for the winter Caribbean season?   What was your cost?

L.

December 12, 2021 sail on Nieuw Statendam 7-day sail to So. Caribbean, cost of OC (including a very nice upgrade) $205.00 per person as of yesterday. This cruise will bump me up to 5* Mariner,  and I've always taken advantage of most every deal ever offered. If some else gets a better deal, I think "good for them"!

5 hours ago, BobbiSox said:

December 12, 2021 sail on Nieuw Statendam 7-day sail to So. Caribbean, cost of OC (including a very nice upgrade) $205.00 per person as of yesterday. This cruise will bump me up to 5* Mariner,  and I've always taken advantage of most every deal ever offered. If some else gets a better deal, I think "good for them"!

Kudos on making your 5th star.  Every bit of spending helps to get to that level.  I will be aboard for the two weeks prior to your cruise and answering lots of questions on a live thread.  If I have a reasonable internet connection, I will have all of the CO menus posted.

• Like 6

I said years ago that other lines were going to eat HAL's lunch when it comes to Suite perks. As much as I enjoy HAL, I've had a taste of MSC Yacht Club and at $300 to $500 per person per day (usually), the privacy and perks of it makes it worth it. 

On 12/10/2020 at 5:30 PM, fadeintoblue said:

I really hate to ask this question as value is subjective but I guess I'm going to be that person. I read the information I could find about Club Orange and I was prepared to pull the trigger thinking it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 35.00 per person per day additional cost or 490.00 for our 7 day on the Rotterdam next year. I called HAL and the agent I spoke with had a lead agent pull the information and quoted me 75.00 per person per day. 1,050 seems high for the listed CO benefits. Is the experience going to be enhanced on Rotterdam thus justifying the cost?

Any info would be appreciated as we're happy to pay for expedited boarding etc... but it would take skipping an extremely long wait time to make the 1,050 a value.

It started out at %50.00 per day and it later dropped to an\bout $25 Dollars per day. $75. 00 seems a bit much to me.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We just booked a cruise on Koningsdam, bought club orange because we had a meal in club orange last time we were on the Koningsdam and enjoyed the food in club orange better than the food from the MDR, though I saw someone on the board say that it's actually prepared in the main kitchen and they do minor adjustments, in any case I appreciate the extra attention they gave to the dish.

Cost was 25/day/person on a 8 day 7 night sailing.

Room upgrade was deck 7 VE category to deck 6 VS category so I feel it was a big upgrade, location went from front of the ship to the back of the ship, like the sunset balconies as called on celebrity. From what I can tell on the deck plans they look quite a bit bigger.

Room upgrade was suggested when I called in to holland america, I told them i just want a quiet area of the ship, not directly above or below a deck with activity and they went over available rooms with me until we settled on a room that I thought would be appropriately quiet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hkaya said:

We just booked a cruise on Koningsdam, bought club orange because we had a meal in club orange last time we were on the Koningsdam and enjoyed the food in club orange better than the food from the MDR, though I saw someone on the board say that it's actually prepared in the main kitchen and they do minor adjustments, in any case I appreciate the extra attention they gave to the dish.

Cost was 25/day/person on a 8 day 7 night sailing.

Room upgrade was deck 7 VE category to deck 6 VS category so I feel it was a big upgrade, location went from front of the ship to the back of the ship, like the sunset balconies as called on celebrity. From what I can tell on the deck plans they look quite a bit bigger.

Room upgrade was suggested when I called in to holland america, I told them i just want a quiet area of the ship, not directly above or below a deck with activity and they went over available rooms with me until we settled on a room that I thought would be appropriately quiet.

You did very, very well on the upgrade.  Congratulations.  I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

We just added Club Orange to an existing booking for August 2022.  The cost was $15 pp per day.  We were able to upgrade from an obstructed balcony to an aft veranda cabin, with an assigned cabin.  The total cost was $420 and if we had just upgraded without Club Orange the increased cost would have been more than double that amount.  Also, no payment due until final payment. A great deal!! I’m very happy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swin26 said:

We just added Club Orange to an existing booking for August 2022.  The cost was $15 pp per day.  We were able to upgrade from an obstructed balcony to an aft veranda cabin, with an assigned cabin.  The total cost was $420 and if we had just upgraded without Club Orange the increased cost would have been more than double that amount.  Also, no payment due until final payment. A great deal!! I’m very happy. 

Thats a great deal!  Better cabin location alone is worth it IMO.