Jump to content

Club Orange Cost and Benefits???


fadeintoblue
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, swin26 said:

We just added Club Orange to an existing booking for August 2022.  The cost was $15 pp per day.  We were able to upgrade from an obstructed balcony to an aft veranda cabin, with an assigned cabin.  The total cost was $420 and if we had just upgraded without Club Orange the increased cost would have been more than double that amount.  Also, no payment due until final payment. A great deal!! I’m very happy. 

That’s excellent, congratulations.  May I ask what ship you are on?  I assume this is a cruise of 14 days as it is cheaper then.  I added club orange maybe a month ago to an existing booking.  I was told in no uncertain terms that I must pay for it immediately even though final payment wasn’t due as this is now the policy.  I really wish they would be consistent.  I have since canceled and rebooked another cruise but I didn’t do as well as you did on the upgrade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Florida_gal_50 said:

That’s excellent, congratulations.  May I ask what ship you are on?  I assume this is a cruise of 14 days as it is cheaper then.  I added club orange maybe a month ago to an existing booking.  I was told in no uncertain terms that I must pay for it immediately even though final payment wasn’t due as this is now the policy.  I really wish they would be consistent.  I have since canceled and rebooked another cruise but I didn’t do as well as you did on the upgrade.

It is on the Rotterdam 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure this is a really stupid question, and I'm afraid I didn't read the entire thread (just read over this year's comments), but HOW do you add Club Orange onto your booking? I've looked all over on various booked cruises and have yet to see an "add Club Orange" link/tab/offer! 

 

Thanks very much in advance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, CruiseMGM said:

I'm sure this is a really stupid question, and I'm afraid I didn't read the entire thread (just read over this year's comments), but HOW do you add Club Orange onto your booking? I've looked all over on various booked cruises and have yet to see an "add Club Orange" link/tab/offer! 

 

Thanks very much in advance!

Holland America Line Ship Inventory at 1-888-628-8107 or 206-626-7381.  You can also contact your HAL PCC but that is the slow way since they have to contact Ship Inventory about stateroom upgrades.

 

Club Orange is used by Neptune/Pinnacle Suite passengers but there are a few slots open for sale.

Edited by Crew News
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

They should be able to.  When I’ve added it I have been able to pick.

My brother picked his using Club Orange on the Dec 5 sailing of NS.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

You did very, very well on the upgrade.  Congratulations.  I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks a lot, yes hope all the new testing requirements go smoothly, since we're flying in from Canada we needed tests to enter USA anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, hkaya said:

Thanks a lot, yes hope all the new testing requirements go smoothly, since we're flying in from Canada we needed tests to enter USA anyways.

I hear you.  I’m from Canada too and I wonder if my fall cruise will be a go and if the travel advisories will be dropped by then.  It’s just going to make traveling just a bit more “fun”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I hear you.  I’m from Canada too and I wonder if my fall cruise will be a go and if the travel advisories will be dropped by then.  It’s just going to make traveling just a bit more “fun”.

I am told today if you have traveled internationally within 14 days of the sail date , you will also need rapid antigen Covid test in the cruise terminal. This question is on the pre-cruise health questionnaire that can't be completed until 72 hours before the cruise.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Suncoastsailors said:

I am told today if you have traveled internationally within 14 days of the sail date , you will also need rapid antigen Covid test in the cruise terminal. This question is on the pre-cruise health questionnaire that can't be completed until 72 hours before the cruise.  

So I’m wondering if you’ll need one to fly then another at the pier.  If I don’t need it to fly I’d rather they do it at the pier.  Less hassle.  I’ve purchased hal air so they can send me packing on their dime if I test positive 😛😉 when it’s safe to fly 

Edited by Florida_gal_50
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was looking at the deck plan for the Rotterdam. It looks like there are only 14 Signature Suites but twice as many Neptune Suites. Club Orange for the SS category does not offer much choice for upgrade because they are already in the same location except for the two SY’s.

 

What happens if there is no upgrade available? Is it likely to go to Neptune if there are available cabins? Would you get on board credit or some other consideration?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Babr said:

I was looking at the deck plan for the Rotterdam. It looks like there are only 14 Signature Suites but twice as many Neptune Suites. Club Orange for the SS category does not offer much choice for upgrade because they are already in the same location except for the two SY’s.

 

What happens if there is no upgrade available? Is it likely to go to Neptune if there are available cabins? Would you get on board credit or some other consideration?

Only in current category.  I tried two years ago but I was given $50 OBC.  That has only happened once and I have not heard of it happening again.

Edited by Crew News
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Only in currant category.  I tried two years ago but I was given $50 OBC.  That has only happened once and I have not heard of it happening again.


Thanks.

 

Just wondering since the SS is unique in number and location - not like other categories with lots of variety. Still, the combination of SS and CO could provide a nice experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Babr said:


Thanks.

 

Just wondering since the SS is unique in number and location - not like other categories with lots of variety. Still, the combination of SS and CO could provide a nice experience.

It provides a nice combo for a verandah as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I added Cub Orange to my guarantee SS reservation on Nieuw Statendam  Quebec City to Ft. Lauderdale.  At the time of booking only guarantee was available in SS.  Was hoping to get a room assignment.  I called ship service and they could not assign a room so an upgrade was not available. I wanted a starboard side room assignment.    I was given a 50.00 pp onboard credit due to no available upgrade.   I had to call the ship services to get the onboard credit offer.  When my TA booked the upgrade through reservations  OBC was not offered.  was just told they could not give me a room assignment.    Destined to port side I assume.   Looking forward to seeing the new ship!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As we are 2 stars (a few points from 3👏) we have never had priority tendering.  We will have it through Club Orange on our next cruise.  There will be 2 tender ports.  One in Flaan that is important to us because we are planning on taking the train up and then walking down 12 miles. We are planning on doing this on our own.   How does priority tendering work?  Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, swin26 said:

As we are 2 stars (a few points from 3👏) we have never had priority tendering.  We will have it through Club Orange on our next cruise.  There will be 2 tender ports.  One in Flaan that is important to us because we are planning on taking the train up and then walking down 12 miles. We are planning on doing this on our own.   How does priority tendering work?  Thanks

First, if you have too many onboard that are eligible for priority tendering, they will cancel it.  This happens on every world cruise as almost everyone is five star.  
 

When actually offered, I have seen it work two ways.  One is you go to a separate venue (often the theater) and they will escort you to the tender.  This works well.  Second and a little more dicey is you just go to the tender platform and flash your room card.  This can be challenging if there are people lined up for the tenders.  In either case, you basically go when ever you want.  In the theater version, you may have to wait but never more then a few minutes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

First, if you have too many onboard that are eligible for priority tendering, they will cancel it.  This happens on every world cruise as almost everyone is five star.  
 

When actually offered, I have seen it work two ways.  One is you go to a separate venue (often the theater) and they will escort you to the tender.  This works well.  Second and a little more dicey is you just go to the tender platform and flash your room card.  This can be challenging if there are people lined up for the tenders.  In either case, you basically go when ever you want.  In the theater version, you may have to wait but never more then a few minutes.

Thank you.  That is very helpful.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is the benefit of Club Orange?  Aside from all the priority this and that (which never seems to be as great in reality as they claim) the elevated dining is the only real benefit.  From those on recent sailings, are they providing an elevated dining experience at all?  And what is the in room breakfast menu that is so much better?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...