Is anyone losing or lost their enthusiasm for Cruising?

25 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We sure miss our concerts.  KISS was are last really good one. Saw Joe Bonamassa just before everything got shut down. We have a Hilton Club in NYC Midtown normally for the week before Christmas. We would have been there last week. The boss is not a huge sports fan but does like Soccer. We’d rather catch a good concert instead although we caught a Yankees game a couple of times.

I have a partial season plan (20 games) for Yankees. Obviously, didn't go to any games this past year. This coming year....who knows.  Hockey is supposed to return mid-January and there is no way they will allow fans in The Garden this season.

But I agree with you, I'd take a good concert over a game most days (playoffs excluded).

Be interesting to see what returns first: Concerts/festivals, sporting events with fans or cruising.

I already see signs that the slowness of vaccinations is because of distributions. They have some football area set up for first responders foot start on Saturday..that is if they can get the vaccine by then. They are already said they could do a lot more vaccinations if they had more.

I saw someone above all happy we are buying more pfe vaccine,... delivery for june or july. Sorry but that's disappointing to be so far out.

And yes I'd like to see over 75 in 2 categories, those over 85 or 90 higher up. I'm less worried about those age 65. Great we have some doses but not nearly enough. That is already obvious.

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I have a partial season plan (20 games) for Yankees. Obviously, didn't go to any games this past year. This coming year....who knows.  Hockey is supposed to return mid-January and there is no way they will allow fans in The Garden this season.

But I agree with you, I'd take a good concert over a game most days (playoffs excluded).

Be interesting to see what returns first: Concerts/festivals, sporting events with fans or cruising.

Ah. I forgot about Hockey. We went to that Square building last December for a good board smashing game. 

We had Biketoberfest. Daytona Mayor put a hurt on Daytona with his lockdowns     The 4 big events are where the big portion of small business income comes from. Speedweeks, Bikeweek, Spring Break, and Biketoberfest. These are mostly outdoor events. 

M8

CNN has reported that the CDC is recommending that both the elderly and those in the education field be placed in  vaccine priority group 1B. I’m happy about teachers being a priority because my daughter and son- in-law are public school teachers and my elder daughter is a professor. It wasn’t  ( and isn’t still ) fun for them ( and myself)  to worry about the effectiveness of the safety protocols in face- to-face classes, although thankfully, they seem to be working. Yes, they are definitely front- line workers, and need the vaccine ASAP. Just think about all the students who, unknowingly, could be carriers of the virus, and of the teachers who could also unknowingly bring the virus home to their children, possibly their own parents, and other older kinfolk. 

Edited by sushitex
On 12/21/2020 at 5:21 PM, njkruzer said:

We're in Nashville.   We wanted transportation,  medical care, universities,  and a Jewish community.  Alour daughter is here.  The airport here is good and expanding.  Currently you can fly 5 days a week nonstop to Heathrow.  3 interstates run through the city so we can drive lots of places.  Really good medical care and the universities have lots to do.  When you say southwestern VA, do you mean near I-81?  We've stopped near Blacksburg on drives south from NJ.  We moved here in 2018.  Let me know if you want more info.

Scary situation this morning in Nashville, wasn't it? Hope they catch who did it..

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Scary situation this morning in Nashville, wasn't it? Hope they catch who did it..

Woke up to the news.  Slept through explosion.  Live about 2-3 miles from downtown.   Understand AT&T service disrupted as explosion occurred outside switching building (not the AT&T building).  We have comcast and Verizon so ok.  Luckily only a few injuries and no deaths.

12 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Woke up to the news.  Slept through explosion.  Live about 2-3 miles from downtown.   Understand AT&T service disrupted as explosion occurred outside switching building (not the AT&T building).  We have comcast and Verizon so ok.  Luckily only a few injuries and no deaths.

Latest report is that they found something that they believe are human remains.

On 12/24/2020 at 10:40 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

We sure miss our concerts.  KISS was are last really good one. Saw Joe Bonamassa just before everything got shut down. We have a Hilton Club in NYC Midtown normally for the week before Christmas. We would have been there last week. The boss is not a huge sports fan but does like Soccer. We’d rather catch a good concert instead although we caught a Yankees game a couple of times. 

M8

The last KISS concert I went to was when I was in high school.  7 of us crammed into a VW bug in the middle of winter and the smoke in the car was as thick as it was at the concert.  🤣

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The last KISS concert I went to was when I was in high school.  7 of us crammed into a VW bug in the middle of winter and the smoke in the car was as thick as it was at the concert.  🤣

This is why I mostly never liked going to concerts when I was in college.... the volume and.... the smoke.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is why I mostly never liked going to concerts when I was in college.... the volume and.... the smoke.

Same here.  Lost the hearing in my left ear for over six months due to teeny boppers screaming non stop next to me at a Huey Lewis concert.  😟

1 minute ago, Joebucks said:

Just imagine if life was back to normal, and being able to step on a ship right now. What wouldn't be enthusiastic about that?!

Unfortunately, the panic won't allow it

I would have had a cruise coming up in just about 22 days on Oasis.

28 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

One year ago today we were driving to Florida for our two day pre-cruise stay before boarding the Harmony for our New Years cruise.

It was the last time we stepped foot on a ship....😩😩😩

I would have just come back from a Christmas Market tour to Germany & Austria and be looking forward to five 2021 cruises to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I would have just come back from a Christmas Market tour to Germany & Austria and be looking forward to five 2021 cruises to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary.

My wife and I have our 45th in August 2021 and we hope to be on the INDY for our anniversary.