Jump to content

Princess current 3 for Free offers


Recommended Posts

On 12/16/2020 at 10:45 AM, NSWP said:

We often booked obstructed view, if you can pick a cabin number go to the deck plans and check there is distance between the life boats. You might have to settle with a GTY, you get what you get. The good obstructed view cabins go very quickly.


I just called Princess and got everything done very quickly, a pleasant surprise!  I upgraded us to the obstructed view and we still save around $500 on the whole booking plus got more OBC!  I  chose one which looks like it is in the gap between 2 lifeboats and had the lady mark us down to be upgraded if the opportunity arises.  Still praying it goes ahead.  I am confident that we will be vaccinated by then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tikibird said:


I just called Princess and got everything done very quickly, a pleasant surprise!  I upgraded us to the obstructed view and we still save around $500 on the whole booking plus got more OBC!  I  chose one which looks like it is in the gap between 2 lifeboats and had the lady mark us down to be upgraded if the opportunity arises.  Still praying it goes ahead.  I am confident that we will be vaccinated by then.

Tikibird, is your Papua New Guinea cruise in November? We are booked on this one and my main concern is how much Covid 19 that PNG has at that time, whether our Govt will allow the cruise to go there and I guess more importantly whether PNG Govt will allow cruise ships to visit.

 

Leigh

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Tikibird, is your Papua New Guinea cruise in November? We are booked on this one and my main concern is how much Covid 19 that PNG has at that time, whether our Govt will allow the cruise to go there and I guess more importantly whether PNG Govt will allow cruise ships to visit.

 

Leigh

The stats for the ports in PNG look good.  https://covid19.info.gov.pg/index.php/2020/12/16/new-ireland-records-four-new-coronavirus-cases/
 

Yes, the PNG one in Nov.  Alotau is Milne Bay, Rabaul is East New Britain and the others are tiny little islands.  Very little Covid and certainly far less than Australia or NZ.  I don't think this itinerary is risky at all.  My guess is that PNG will welcome ships with vaccinated passengers who have been tested.  They need the $$. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tikibird said:

The stats for the ports in PNG look good.  https://covid19.info.gov.pg/index.php/2020/12/16/new-ireland-records-four-new-coronavirus-cases/
 

Yes, the PNG one in Nov.  Alotau is Milne Bay, Rabaul is East New Britain and the others are tiny little islands.  Very little Covid and certainly far less than Australia or NZ.  I don't think this itinerary is risky at all.  My guess is that PNG will welcome ships with vaccinated passengers who have been tested.  They need the $$. 

I think the PNG govt will be cautious as will our govt about cruises. Time will tell I guess. I am hopeful though.

 

Leigh

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it will all come down to when our government allows ships to include foreign ports in their itineraries, and that will depend on the health status of those ports, probably for some months in advance as well as at the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We looked at our November 2021 cruise with the 3 for free offer and it still came in more expensive than what we have already booked so no need to request a refare. I should add that we secured a sensational price at the time on the one day only Black Friday Sale. Glad to hear that other people are finding their cruise cheaper under the 3 for free promotion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NeilonBoard said:

We looked at our November 2021 cruise with the 3 for free offer and it still came in more expensive than what we have already booked so no need to request a refare. I should add that we secured a sensational price at the time on the one day only Black Friday Sale. Glad to hear that other people are finding their cruise cheaper under the 3 for free promotion.

I am sure you already did this, but just in case...I initially found my cruises booked under the black friday sale were dearer under this new sale when I looked at them without logging in, but when I logged into my account the same cruises came up much cheaper (a past passenger bonus applies) and made it well worth rebooking when you consider the extras.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lorri111 said:

I am sure you already did this, but just in case...I initially found my cruises booked under the black friday sale were dearer under this new sale when I looked at them without logging in, but when I logged into my account the same cruises came up much cheaper (a past passenger bonus applies) and made it well worth rebooking when you consider the extras.

 

Did that you mean you found the 3 for Free Offer better than the Black Friday Sale and rebooked?

 

I was just wondering because I booked two cruises from the Black Friday Sale, but logged in and looking at the 3 For Free Sale I can't see how it beats them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SinbadThePorter said:

 

Did that you mean you found the 3 for Free Offer better than the Black Friday Sale and rebooked?

 

I was just wondering because I booked two cruises from the Black Friday Sale, but logged in and looking at the 3 For Free Sale I can't see how it beats them.

It may very much depend on the category of cabin you booked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It may very much depend on the category of cabin you booked.

True. I just thought that since I had made a rookie mistake someone else might. All these promos are very specific to category. Always worth a check, a phone call might make a difference if you get the right person on the end of the call.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

True. I just thought that since I had made a rookie mistake someone else might. All these promos are very specific to category. Always worth a check, a phone call might make a difference if you get the right person on the end of the call.

 

Yes, often people don't bother logging in when checking fares.

 

This promo is very cabin category specific. For us, who had booked a premium balcony, it was a great saving as the "free upgrade" meant the premium balcony fares became the same as regular balconies. But for people who can't or don't want to change cabin type there may be no saving. I'm not totally sure how that cabin upgrade is done on other cabin types.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But for people who can't or don't want to change cabin type there may be no saving.

 

I booked ordinary balconies on Black Friday (when did balconies become ordinary!). So I suspect there is not much advantage unless I wanted to move to a premium balcony, which are nice but I don't particularly feel the need for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, often people don't bother logging in when checking fares.

 

This promo is very cabin category specific. For us, who had booked a premium balcony, it was a great saving as the "free upgrade" meant the premium balcony fares became the same as regular balconies. But for people who can't or don't want to change cabin type there may be no saving. I'm not totally sure how that cabin upgrade is done on other cabin types.

Thank you OzKiwi,I logged in and got a completely different set of figures, contacted TA an a overall saving of $760 plus have meal voucher ,he kept the same room I originally booked (don’t want the upgrade)

Happy Christmas Carole

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

Thank you OzKiwi,I logged in and got a completely different set of figures, contacted TA an a overall saving of $760 plus have meal voucher ,he kept the same room I originally booked (don’t want the upgrade)

Happy Christmas Carole

 

That sounds exactly like our situation - if we weren't able to keep the same room then we wouldn't have bothered with the rest of the offer.  I think the way we got our actual discount was that the promo pricing was based on MK (?) pricing and we had already booked on the higher MB.  Because we didn't take the room upgrade they just gave us the difference back!  Add the OBC and dining and we were up over $600 🙂  Now we just have to wait another 430 days .... cheers, Vickie. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got off the phone to Princess from booking 3 cabins for our group for the 30th Oct 2021 round trip Sydney/NZ 13 days. Some anomaly with the pricing between what is advertised and what Princess bookings has on their computer. 

On the web an extended balcony on deck 10 Mid aft is $2299, Princess want to charge $2449.00. I've sent screen shots, as requested, to the booking person for her to query up the line.

 

Keep a keen eye on what they charge.

Edited by Russell21
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 1:53 PM, possum52 said:

I think the PNG govt will be cautious as will our govt about cruises. Time will tell I guess. I am hopeful though.

 

Leigh

I am also booked on that cruise. If it happens fantastic if not well not much we can do about it. Fingers crossed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...