I got my vaccine! Let’s go!

cl.klink

On 2/18/2021 at 8:12 PM, cruise kitty said:

@TeeRick here's the first thing I heard a few weeks ago:  

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/02/05/964447070/where-did-the-coronavirus-variants-come-from

again, just speculation at this point

On 2/19/2021 at 10:05 AM, TeeRick said:

Thanks for the link.  Extremely interesting!

On 2/19/2021 at 1:21 PM, cruise kitty said:

I thought so too, again, it will have to be studied, but quite fascinating.

11 hours ago, MamaFej said:

That is both fascinating and terrifying. 

10 hours ago, LGW59 said:

what are you referring to?

Just follow the progression.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ABoatNerd said:

Hi Fouremco. What are you referring to specifically?

Have you by chance had the vaccine yet? Shots 1 and or 2?

No vaccination yet. :classic_sad: Probably not until April or May, I suspect, depending on the availability of the vaccine and of the necessary medical personnel to jab our arms.

I was referring to the progression of the posts that I cited, reacting to the link posted by @cruise kitty. From "Extremely interesting" to "quite fascination" to "both fascinating and terrifying".

• Like 2

We had our first jabs yesterday, Pfizer.  No side effects at all!  The nurse suggested that we move our arms regularly throughout the day, to avoid the swelling and redness I had after my flu shot.  Good advice, apparently.

• Like 1

CA just opened to teachers, & my older DD gets her first shot tomorrow, her husband next week...younger DD got her 2nd yesterday at trial site, & I get my 2nd Friday through trial site...   DH & other SIL already fully vexed through trial site. :) so while we might not be going to Europe anytime in the next couple of months, the idea of just being able to get together freely has me feeling very grateful...  looking forward to truly being able to play with grandkids instead of sitting in a chair in the front yard with a mask on :)   Best wishes for everyone else who wants theirs to get them soon :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

CA just opened to teachers, & my older DD gets her first shot tomorrow, her husband next week...younger DD got her 2nd yesterday at trial site, & I get my 2nd Friday through trial site...   DH & other SIL already fully vexed through trial site. :) so while we might not be going to Europe anytime in the next couple of months, the idea of just being able to get together freely has me feeling very grateful...  looking forward to truly being able to play with grandkids instead of sitting in a chair in the front yard with a mask on :)   Best wishes for everyone else who wants theirs to get them soon :)

Good for you, but didn't Fauci just say recently that even if you have gotten the vaccine, you shouldn't do indoor dining or go to indoor movies?  I'm sure he would disapprove  of large family gatherings, don't you think?  Just saying.  LOL

2 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

CA just opened to teachers, & my older DD gets her first shot tomorrow, her husband next week...younger DD got her 2nd yesterday at trial site, & I get my 2nd Friday through trial site...   DH & other SIL already fully vexed through trial site. 🙂 so while we might not be going to Europe anytime in the next couple of months, the idea of just being able to get together freely has me feeling very grateful...  looking forward to truly being able to play with grandkids instead of sitting in a chair in the front yard with a mask on 🙂   Best wishes for everyone else who wants theirs to get them soon 🙂

Good on you, hope you get to spend time together soon, until then, keep masking up, better days are ahead.  Thank you Dr Fauci!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auntiemomo said:

Good for you, but didn't Fauci just say recently that even if you have gotten the vaccine, you shouldn't do indoor dining or go to indoor movies?  I'm sure he would disapprove  of large family gatherings, don't you think?  Just saying.  LOL

two weeks after the last of us gets vaccinated, we'll be together...  since everyone of us  will be vaccinated, it's a "chance" I'm willing to take lol ;)

& indoor dining...lol haven't even been to outdoor, that just opened up here a couple weeks ago, indoor dining in L.A. is a long way away I think :)  

Edited by cruise kitty

5 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

oh, wish I could edit my last reply, did not realize I was replying to an "anti-science" post....  oh well, best wishes to her anyway :)   

Is it anti-science to point out what Fauci said?  I'm not following the Fauci and wearing a mask into 2022, especially after getting the vaccine.  If that's anti-science, I'm guilty as charged.  LOL

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Is it anti-science to point out what Fauci said?  I'm not following the Fauci and wearing a mask into 2022, especially after getting the vaccine.  If that's anti-science, I'm guilty as charged.  LOL

From someone who has yet to be vaccinated, and neither has my dw and adult children, thank you for looking out for us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auntiemomo said:

After getting vaccinated, you don't wear a mask to protect yourself, you wear it to protect other people who have not been vaccinated.  You can still be a carrier of Covid even after being vaccinated and pass it on to others.  That is science.  Even though I have completed my vaccinations, I will continue to wear my mask until the CDC says it is safe not to.  That is science.

• Like 2

By 2022, how many people in the USA will not be vaccinated?  Some will not take a vaccine, but that percentage seems to be declining according to polls.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/538198-over-30-percent-of-americans-say-they-wont-get-covid-19-vaccine-poll

Only 15% say they definitely won't take one.  I had a neighbor that was opposed to taking it, until several in the neighborhood took the vaccines and now the neighbor has changed her mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

I guess you do you, I'll continue to wear my mask in public & whenever around unvaccinated family members...  I have no idea if it will continue into 2022, but if that's what the guidance says, I'll stick to it :)    It's a very small sacrifice to protect our fellow humans :)

& to clarify, the family get together with all of us vaccinated will be outdoors...  we just won't be stuck in chairs placed 8 feet apart like the last year...

Edited by cruise kitty
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

I guess you do you, I'll continue to wear my mask in public & whenever around unvaccinated family members...  I have no idea if it will continue into 2022, but if that's what the guidance says, I'll stick to it 🙂    It's a very small sacrifice to protect our fellow humans 🙂

& to clarify, the family get together with all of us vaccinated will be outdoors...  we just won't be stuck in chairs placed 8 feet apart like the last year...

Absolutely agree! Had my second dose of Pfizer yesterday and will continue to wear a mask until the CDC says it's safe for others to discontinue wearing.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Orator said:

Absolutely agree! Had my second dose of Pfizer yesterday and will continue to wear a mask until the CDC says it's safe for others to discontinue wearing.

Exactly!   My trial place says it's looking very likely that we can't transmit, but until they give the green light, we still need to protect the millions who can't access vaccines yet :)   & Congrats on getting protected!  Happy Sailing again someday :)

Looks like Moderna is ready to test their booster:

"The drugmaker Moderna is set to begin testing a new version of its Covid-19 vaccine that was specifically designed to target an emerging variant of the coronavirus that was first reported in South Africa.

The company announced Wednesday that it has shipped doses of its variant-specific booster shot to the National Institutes of Health for clinical trials. This development is part of Moderna's efforts to counter strains of the coronavirus that are circulating and to get ahead of the constantly mutating virus".

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/moderna-test-booster-shot-targets-south-african-variant-rcna310

I was hoping that getting a vaccination would simplify cruising and eliminate the need for testing but the emergence of more variants that aren't well controlled by the vaccine makes that unlikely.   It looks like we will need a vaccination and a test.

15 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I was hoping that getting a vaccination would simplify cruising and eliminate the need for testing but the emergence of more variants that aren't well controlled by the vaccine makes that unlikely.   It looks like we will need a vaccination and a test.

Crystal has announced that policy. They will require proof of vaccination and. A negative covid test taken at least 3 days prior to boarding.