I got my vaccine! Let’s go!

cl.klink

1 hour ago, cl.klink said:

For the record, and not to be defensive, I do have daily direct patient contact, including some COVID patients. Just to be clear. 

- Joel

Thank you for the work you are doing. I am glad you have been vaccinated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cl.klink said:

For the record, and not to be defensive, I do have daily direct patient contact, including some COVID patients. Just to be clear. 

- Joel

I don't think anyone begrudges you getting the vaccine Joel. Front line workers to the front of the line.

My wife is a nursing unit assistant at the local Cancer Center and she has no idea when her and the other staff there will get the vaccine.

I am hopping that we in Canada can see a better distribution scheme to come about over the next few months.

I agree with those who feel that distribution in the US will ramp up dramatically as well motivated professionals get involved over the next few weeks.

17 hours ago, cl.klink said:

- Joel

Then I have absolutely no issue with you getting the vaccine.  It's those administrators who never see patients getting the vaccine that irks me.  Just yesterday I saw a post on FB from our county health department.  The Executive Director posted a pic talking about how happy she was to get the vaccine, wearing a big "I got vaccinated" sticker/pin.  I would be shocked if she is ever in direct contact with patients.  It was one of the most tone deaf postings I've seen lately (and there are many!).  A real slap in the face as our county is severely lagging behind in starting vaccinations as well as have provided zero communication about how we sign up, who will vaccinate us, etc..  Instead of bragging about how she was able to jump the line as it were, it would be nice if she used that FB post to give us some information about the process!

Edited by phoenix_dream

23 hours ago, Ray in NH said:

Saw a notice last night (on state Covid web-site) that our scheduled group (1-B, those over 75 years of age), will now include those over 65 years of age (starting 26 January, and expected to last until into March.

We are still waiting for our appointments, from before they lowered the age limit.  Hopefully they actually have a viable plan that will allow most folks, who want/need to get the vaccine  -- soon.

NRayH

I for one am thrilled they lowered the age.  Dr. Fauci and other experts consistently talked about the vaccine being so dangerous for those 65 and older.  And then the original scheduling put us 65-75 year olds in group 1c - behind murderers, rapists, and child molesters, as well as healthy 20 year old grocery store employees.  That was just not right!  Also hoping the distribution speeds up.  Very frustrating.

1 hour ago, BigAl94 said:

To add to the article, I had my vaccination on 07/01/21 and the same evening had an email from NHS advising that I start Shielding again, due to the new Gov.UK Restrictions. This has now been followed up by a letter.

Personally, I am resigned to staying at home until Spring ( at least the weather doesn’t encourage any outside activities).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

Sky News have changed the story on the link. it originally referred to a warning from SAGE that a spike in cases was likely if people became complacent and ignored the rules after receiving the vaccine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. In our small state of Delaware the state opened the site to register for the vaccine on January 20 for phase 1b (about 200,000 people). That morning by 9am I registered both myself and DH. The following day DH received the link to schedule his appointment. It was scheduled for a mega event at the DMV two days later (and several hours in long lines). He received the Moderna vaccine. In the meantime I registered with every pharmacy, Tom, Dick and Harry to get on a waiting list. Our local hospital then put up a website to register which of course I did.  Well, two days ago I received an email about open appointments and boom I got one!  Today at high noon I received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine.  Thank you Beebe!  I’m one step closer to going back to my volunteer post at the cancer center where I am also a patient.  Oh happy day!  A little arm soreness but not complaining at all!  

• Like 6

My daughter works as an educator at a major university in Southern California.  The university started onsite vaccination yesterday in their health center for STAFF ONLY (category 1b).  She received her first dose of Pfizer yesterday.  She has no side effects.  She said the whole experience was like a non-event.

I will receive my second dose of Moderna in a week (retired and category 1b).  First dose had no side effects.

Hang in there cruisers, we're now preparing for arrival!.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, lynn2002 said:

In England they are vaccinating those over 18 (long way to go until then) but my daughter at the time of sailing will be 17.  Will that be a problem boarding the ship because she is very unlikely to receive her jab by then.

What is your sail date, what is your itinerary?  Protocols for vaccinations vary from country to country.  It is a hot mess right now.  But with new vaccines becoming available and more medical knowledge improving, things should get better by the end of 2021.

7 hours ago, El Crucero said:

What is your sail date, what is your itinerary?  Protocols for vaccinations vary from country to country.  It is a hot mess right now.  But with new vaccines becoming available and more medical knowledge improving, things should get better by the end of 2021.

We have a TA booked from Rome to FTL in October, hoping that one works out.

10 hours ago, lynn2002 said:

In England they are vaccinating those over 18 (long way to go until then) but my daughter at the time of sailing will be 17.  Will that be a problem boarding the ship because she is very unlikely to receive her jab by then.

No one knows for certain as of this writing, but it is very likely that Celebrity will require all passengers to be fully vaccinated before boarding.  I doubt they will make any exceptions but who knows.  I hope for your sake it works out.

In the UK I have just been listening to our 'Vaccine's Minister' being interviewed on TV.

He stated: "Vaccine passports will not be introduced by the Government but people will be able to ask their GP for proof they have had a jab should it be a requirement for travel." 

I am quite sure GP's will not be happy with this. At my Practice there are almost 17,000 patients registered. The doctors already struggle with the normal everyday needs of the patients. How the heck will they cope when a few thousand ask for a letter of proof of them having received the Covid-19 vaccine so they can go on holiday. Possibly the thought of the money this will generate will be an incentive, but surely there should be an easier way if countries want proof to travel there. 

I just hope foreign destinations do not ask for the proof in their own language if it  is in the form of a letter. Only joking 😜

3 hours ago, laslomas said:

In the UK I have just been listening to our 'Vaccine's Minister' being interviewed on TV.

He stated: "Vaccine passports will not be introduced by the Government but people will be able to ask their GP for proof they have had a jab should it be a requirement for travel." 

I am quite sure GP's will not be happy with this. At my Practice there are almost 17,000 patients registered. The doctors already struggle with the normal everyday needs of the patients. How the heck will they cope when a few thousand ask for a letter of proof of them having received the Covid-19 vaccine so they can go on holiday. Possibly the thought of the money this will generate will be an incentive, but surely there should be an easier way if countries want proof to travel there. ...

Since the UK has socialized medicine, won't the government be paying for proof that people have been vaccinated?  I would hope some of the office staff could handle this issue and not require a GP.

The Vaccine Minister said vaccine passports (and therefore any equivalent) will not be issued by the Government (I.e. NHS) and therefore any letter from a GP would be deemed a private request. An example would be getting a letter saying you were fit to participate in a given activity such as scuba diving or sky diving if you were above the accepted age limit for automatic qualification. In such cases the GPS charge for such a letter. I think my husband paid ~£30 for the last one he obtained (to go parachuting 🤦‍♀️).

4 hours ago, laslomas said:

How the heck will they cope when a few thousand ask for a letter of proof of them having received the Covid-19 vaccine so they can go on holiday.

I am not a health care professional.  The proposed letter verifying vaccination is fraught with problems, primarily counterfeiting.  I have a vaccination card given to me at the time of vaccination which is supposed to be proof of vaccination, where, when, vaccine manufacturer (Moderna for me), and lot#.  However, I am first to admit that it could be easily duplicated.

So I ask you as an M.D. what is your proposal for proof of vaccination?  As far as foreign language, I have never had my US passport in English questioned in any foreign country.

15 minutes ago, El Crucero said:

I am not a health care professional.  The proposed letter verifying vaccination is fraught with problems, primarily counterfeiting.  I have a vaccination card given to me at the time of vaccination which is supposed to be proof of vaccination, where, when, vaccine manufacturer (Moderna for me), and lot#.  However, I am first to admit that it could be easily duplicated.

So I ask you as an M.D. what is your proposal for proof of vaccination?  As far as foreign language, I have never had my US passport in English questioned in any foreign country.

4 hours ago, laslomas said:

I just hope foreign destinations do not ask for the proof in their own language if it is in the form of a letter. Only joking 😜

You quoted me in this comment so must correct you, I am not an MD. I was commenting on the GP Practice where I am registered as a patient.

I too have a card with details of my first vaccination, and agree it could easily be duplicated so not the best proof of anything at all. If some kind of proof is deemed necessary for foreign travel it needs to be something a bit more than this.

Regarding the language used - did you not see the only joking comment??

I am hoping that perhaps I may get vaccinated by June, hopefully my wife will get hers sooner as she works in health care. I recall back in the 70s I had to get vaccinated for Cholera on an off chance of going on a deployment through Sea Cadets. I was given a little booklet that not only had that but all the other vaccines I had had as a child. I never really understood where they got that information from but it was there. I wish I knew where that booklet was now. Whatever "proof of vaccination" that is accepted should be hard enough to counterfeit that it is easier and less expensive to get vaccinated than pay for a fake document.

Here is what BC, Canada is  doing. This will provided various means of providing proof and, because the card is digitally linked, would be harder to fake the card as it can be computer verified.

Our drivers license is also our service card so will hold access to the vaccination record by the holder but could become a scannable feature in the future.

Because it is digitally stored by the gov it should also be possible to link it to a passport or visa if that kind of requirement is needed (much like I no longer need a paper copy of my ESTA for entering the USA it now being linked to my passport).

Pity it isn't a national registry, but again, could be linked to one.

Cheers, h

Proof of immunization

You will have the option to receive a paper and digital copy of your immunization record card. We recommend registering for Health Gateway, where you will be able to access your digital immunization record card.

Your immunization record will be also be stored in the online provincial database, accessible to you, public health and your doctor.

Example of a paper immunization record card:

image.thumb.png.fab86b38296bf8dc2d01db37953991fa.png

(this is a repost of a post I did in another thread)

Edited by middlehaitch
  • Thanks 1

You can access your CV19 vaccination details in the UK if you register a NHS app.

You have a digital copy,,,copy and print if you want a paper copy

On mine it says.....

.. COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 30micrograms/0.3ml dose concentrate for suspension for injection multidose vials (Pfizer-BioNTech) (Pfizer-BioNTech) 5 dose
1 dose by Intramuscular Injection