Bye Bye Majesty and Empress (It's official)

Only small ships can reach Montreal.  Azamara, SilverSea, Seaborne, etc.  

If there was ever an intention to swap Grandeur that would have been planned and announced as part of this.  With Grandeur still left out of the mix that all but seals her fate somewhere else.

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not sure if she can fit into Montreal.  

If she does substitute there would definitely need to be some itinerary changes.

Then there is also the rumour that she could be heading to Pulmantur.

I guess Grandeur (or Vision Class) can only reach Quebec, but not Montreal.

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What ship and itinerary?

The email did not say which cruise it was in reference to. I had Majesty trips in May 2021 and August 2021 with stops in Key West, Coco Cay and Nassua. I had an Empress trip in April 2021 with stops in  Key West, Costa Maya and Cozumel.

7 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

I guess Grandeur (or Vision Class) can only reach Quebec, but not Montreal.

The part of the St. Lawrence Seaway that passes Montreal is too narrow, and the locks are too small.

Maximum boat length: 740 ft 0 in (225.6 m)

Maximum height above sea level: 570 ft (170 m)

Maximum boat beam: 78 ft 0 in (23.8 m)

• Like 1

Seems a bit vague .. sold to "an undisclosed party in Asia/Pacific".   That could be anything from some fly-by-night upstart cruise company .. or a scrapyard beach in India or Bangladesh. 

Will be interesting to see what happens.  I have a feeling I know. 

Edited by F27TW

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCG is too PC to use an Asian scrapper, they use Aliaga. 

.. technically, Aliaga/Izmir is in  the Asian side of Turkey 😉

Edited by F27TW

20 minutes ago, F27TW said:

Seems a bit vague .. sold to "an undisclosed party in Asia/Pacific".   That could be anything from some fly-by-night upstart cruise company .. or a scrapyard beach in India or Bangladesh. 

Will be interesting to see what happens.  I have a feeling I know. 

Probably another gambling ship conversion.  

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As we continue to navigate through this very fluid time together, it’s important that we connect on the latest news and updates. That’s why you’re among the first to learn that, sadly, Empress of the Seas® and Majesty of the Seas® will soon be leaving the Royal Caribbean fleet. 

Fan favorites for 30 years, Empress and Majesty of the Seas certainly made their mark on the cruise industry. Empress, launched in 1990, was the first ship specifically designed for short 3- and 4-night itineraries, with her first cruises visiting The Bahamas from Miami. And years later, she wasn’t finished making history. In 2004, Empress became the first cruise ship to sail from Cape Liberty in Bayonne, New Jersey, when we opened our terminal. And in 2017, Empress took the limelight once again as she embarked on Royal Caribbean’s inaugural cruise to Cuba.

Likewise, Majesty captured the hearts of many during her time in our service. She was the third ship to round out the impressive Sovereign Class. More than twice the size of the average cruise ship, Majesty was the largest ship in our fleet when she debuted in 1992. Her adventures began with 7-night Western Caribbean cruises departing Miami.

Through the years, Empress and Majesty have created incredible memories for so many of our guests and crew members. Many of your clients think fondly of these ships, and we know this will be a bittersweet goodbye. Their departure from the Royal Caribbean fleet is a major moment in our brand’s history and was a decision that was not made lightly. However, as our fleet evolves, decisions like these pave the way for the introduction of new and reimagined innovative ships. And if you’re wondering about crew members being impacted by this, rest assured they’ll be transferred to other ships in our fleet where unforgettable vacations will soon continue. As we bid our farewells, we greatly encourage you to share your favorite memories onboard Empress and Majesty on Vicki’s Facebook page!

Should you have clients confirmed on future Empress or Majesty of the Seas sailings, please know that you will be contacted shortly regarding their options.

As always, we thank you for your continued loyalty and support. Your partnership means the world to us!

Stay Safe!

Yikes majesty I think is the only rcl ship out of new orleans. I didnt see in that release if they will replace her or what. 

15 minutes ago, Bery said:

We used our FCC ($500) to rebook Empress for Bermuda in July 2021 and paying an additional $500 deposit.  We are wondering if we can now get the refund for the total of $1000. Anyone know?

No.  The FCC for $500 will be reissued as that looks like it came from a voyage that you cancelled.  new deposit money can be refunded.

Just now, Tree_skier said:

Man, that is cold. I still haven't deleted people out of my phone that passed away over a year ago.

It's just an automated listing.  

that ship listing only shows ships with active sailings.  Once all the sailings were switched to closed the ships disappear.

1 hour ago, NH_Skier said:

The email did not say which cruise it was in reference to. I had Majesty trips in May 2021 and August 2021 with stops in Key West, Coco Cay and Nassua. I had an Empress trip in April 2021 with stops in  Key West, Costa Maya and Cozumel.

Well the new city ordinance concerning cruise ships enacted in Key West in November cancels those stops.

This is sad.. we had cruise cancelled this past summer which had PERFECT Bermuda itinerary with 3 overnights in St George's and Hamilton.

However I expected this. Ship was deployed for Cuba...