Bye Bye Majesty and Empress (It's official)

On 3/10/2021 at 9:03 AM, WeMissSeaView said:

(1) The Majesty transponder has now been turned off for over a month.  Would love to know if she is still docked in Greece and what the ship is doing.

(2) Empress has been at the same dock in Oman for over three weeks now.  Must be having work done before sailing for India.

Pretty sure Empress was bought by Cordelia Cruises.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/7/2021 at 9:51 PM, WeMissSeaView said:

After less then 24 hours, Empress is back being docked in Dubai.  Must not be in any hurry to get to India.

She finally left Dubai a couple of weeks ago and is sailing in Indian waters. Her first revenue sailing with Cordelia is listed for this weekend.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

6 months later.....

Cordelia Cruises is celebrating its first 50,000 guests with a special offer for India’s defense personnel, the company announced in a press release.

The India-based cruise line launched service in September 2021 and is now inching close to the number. 

To mark the occasion, Cordelia has announced the special offer, which will be available to the 1.4 million people currently active in India’s military forces and their families.

“We remain indebted to our Indian Navy, Army, and Airforce. They guard and guide us selflessly. At Cordelia, this is our humble effort to extend courtesies and welcome them on board. We hope to serve them with all our hearts,” said Vijay Kesavan, Marketing Director of Cordelia Cruises.

Cordelia Empress

Cordelia Cruises Celebrates 50,000 Guests with a Special Offer - Cruise Industry News

• Like 5

It's good to see that the Empress is still sailing.  I sailed on her back in 2016 when they were cruising around the Caribbean waiting to be allowed to sail to Cuba.  The whole ship had a fabulous Latin vibe.  I recall a big salsa party on the last night where the crew, including the CD, danced the night away.  It was so much fun!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2022 at 3:43 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

And since everyone is always encouraged to recycle, it is nice to see this ship did not land on some beach.

Technically, scrapping on the beach is recycling.  Just about everything gets reused one way or another....

On 12/16/2020 at 10:08 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

As we continue to navigate through this very fluid time together, it’s important that we connect on the latest news and updates. That’s why you’re among the first to learn that, sadly, Empress of the Seas® and Majesty of the Seas® will soon be leaving the Royal Caribbean fleet. 

Fan favorites for 30 years, Empress and Majesty of the Seas certainly made their mark on the cruise industry. Empress, launched in 1990, was the first ship specifically designed for short 3- and 4-night itineraries, with her first cruises visiting The Bahamas from Miami. And years later, she wasn’t finished making history. In 2004, Empress became the first cruise ship to sail from Cape Liberty in Bayonne, New Jersey, when we opened our terminal. And in 2017, Empress took the limelight once again as she embarked on Royal Caribbean’s inaugural cruise to Cuba.

Likewise, Majesty captured the hearts of many during her time in our service. She was the third ship to round out the impressive Sovereign Class. More than twice the size of the average cruise ship, Majesty was the largest ship in our fleet when she debuted in 1992. Her adventures began with 7-night Western Caribbean cruises departing Miami.

Through the years, Empress and Majesty have created incredible memories for so many of our guests and crew members. Many of your clients think fondly of these ships, and we know this will be a bittersweet goodbye. Their departure from the Royal Caribbean fleet is a major moment in our brand’s history and was a decision that was not made lightly. However, as our fleet evolves, decisions like these pave the way for the introduction of new and reimagined innovative ships. And if you’re wondering about crew members being impacted by this, rest assured they’ll be transferred to other ships in our fleet where unforgettable vacations will soon continue. As we bid our farewells, we greatly encourage you to share your favorite memories onboard Empress and Majesty on Vicki’s Facebook page!

Should you have clients confirmed on future Empress or Majesty of the Seas sailings, please know that you will be contacted shortly regarding their options.

As always, we thank you for your continued loyalty and support. Your partnership means the world to us!

Stay Safe!

My wife and I were on Majesty on our Honeymoon inn1999. It was our first cruise ever and we loved it so much we have not stopped cruising since. We will be celebrating our retirement on the Wonder TA on the 20th. Bon voyage to the Majesty, she served well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tpcwags said:

My wife and I were on Majesty on our Honeymoon inn1999. It was our first cruise ever and we loved it so much we have not stopped cruising since. We will be celebrating our retirement on the Wonder TA on the 20th. Bon voyage to the Majesty, she served well.

I was on Majesty when everything shut down for Covid in Match 2020.  I never dreamed when I got off of Majesty that it was the last time that it would sail for Royal.  Poor Majesty never had an official farewell cruise.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sad, but these eventualities happen with ships. Empress was impressive the first time I saw her. She was sailing past my ship USS Charleston (LKA-113) one day down the James River heading out to sea from downtown Norfolk. I was working on one of our 35' whip antennas. "I'm going to sail on that one day" I told my fellow crewmember, as Empress sailed by us. 

Years later, I did, fulfilled my dreams.

I think it's a real shame that Royal sold Majesty and the new company seemingly hasn't used her at all in 18 months. Probably very far fetched but I'd kinda like Royal to get her back at this point, otherwise it feels like she'll waste away in Athens before getting scrapped.

Nice that Empress has started a new life cruising in India.

Edited by CruisingJoe09