Sale & Booking Questions

trbarton

I saw on Facebook about a sale. I haven’t been on Holland America for awhile & when I went to there web site I saw no way that I could pick my stateroom as it was guarantee or look at the layout of the ship. Is this something new?  This is the first time I have not been able to pick my stateroom or look at any ship. 

I’ve looked at an inside stateroom for a Mexico cruise for one person & it says the cost is $2,512 but if I pay in full now it’s only $1,790. That’s a difference of $722. If I understand the sale correctly does that mean I’m going to be upgraded from an inside and get these offers?

image.thumb.png.f8096af7c673716e7806499f7c630e56.png

Tom🤔

Edited by trbarton

• trbarton changed the title to Sale & Booking Questions
5 hours ago, trbarton said:

I saw on Facebook about a sale. I haven’t been on Holland America for awhile & when I went to there web site I saw no way that I could pick my stateroom as it was guarantee or look at the layout of the ship. Is this something new?  This is the first time I have not been able to pick my stateroom or look at any ship. 

I’ve looked at an inside stateroom for a Mexico cruise for one person & it says the cost is $2,512 but if I pay in full now it’s only $1,790. That’s a difference of $722. If I understand the sale correctly does that mean I’m going to be upgraded from an inside and get these offers?

image.thumb.png.f8096af7c673716e7806499f7c630e56.png

Tom🤔

You won’t necessarily get upgraded.  

The second paragraph in the terms and conditions says it all “Stateroom upgrades are available in select stateroom categories and are subject to availability of the staterooms in the higher category”.

Here is a screen shot of the appropriate section of the terms and conditions from the HAL site that I have quoted.

1A8BDAFD-748A-459C-BDAC-5FF1C0C6CFED.thumb.jpeg.ecf29fdeaae6669948ec7ee4ca590235.jpeg

This is just a portion of the terms and conditions - they are all on the HAL website.  Always good to check them out.

The situation, better said problem, with attempting to select you own stateroom has been going on for at least 2 weeks.  I've spent more time than i would like to admit watching their little circle spin round and round before i finally get an error page. Finally called my TA yesterday and she had problems with their system also.  She finally just said she would have to call HAL. 

When you get to where it says pick a room, there is a line that says change stateroom. Click on this it will show different sections of the ship, aft and so on. you can also pick decks and it will also show rooms. Hope this helps as I have explained it as best I can. This way Holland has it set is really messed up. They need to make it as simple as Princess is when choosing a cabin. I complained to our PCC about this he said he had heard they were looking at making changes?????.

3 hours ago, hunt182644 said:

When you get to where it says pick a room, there is a line that says change stateroom. Click on this it will show different sections of the ship, aft and so on. you can also pick decks and it will also show rooms. Hope this helps as I have explained it as best I can. This way Holland has it set is really messed up. They need to make it as simple as Princess is when choosing a cabin. I complained to our PCC about this he said he had heard they were looking at making changes?????.

And don't forget after each time you change a selection, scroll to the bottom of the page and click next. So you would click 'next' after changing category, after changing location, after changing deck and after selecting a cabin.

Keep in mind that the possibility of an upgrade can be meaningless.  We have had numerous upgrades on various cruise lines WITHIN a cabin type vs upgrading from and inside to outside to verandah cabin. 

Being 'upgraded' from the equiv. of a BC balcony for example to what a cruise lines calls a  BB balcony may be an upgrade in the cruise line marketing  terminology but might well be completely meaningless and unnoticeable  to you.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 1