FCC’s extended....sort of

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

With every FCC I have ever received, I have never...not once....gotten an email with the FCC information included.  I have always had to go through my TA to get the information.  Not sure why, but we just never get them directly.

There is a spot on the TA booking where the TA can enter the clients e mail (optional).  Communication would be done through this e mail address. If it’s left blank that may explain not getting the emails. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

With every FCC I have ever received, I have never...not once....gotten an email with the FCC information included.  I have always had to go through my TA to get the information.  Not sure why, but we just never get them directly.

Interesting.  Waiting for 2 but the first 2 i received via email and then forwarded to ta.

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Is  that because once you applied your FCC to an April 2022 cruise the date for the new FCC would be April 2023?

Possibly...I just asked and they didn't hesitate to do it....I hadn't seen that new time frame mentioned (as RCI policy) just that someone had done it. So I thought it wouldn't hurt to call and ask...so I did.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

I am sorry if I offend anyone. We are the clients that booked a product. My thoughts are that is the cruise that we booked should sail or we get a refund on our deposit regardless of type of booking. I can't control the Corona Virus, but I am healthy and can get on a ship that I have booked. I am hoping the cruise line understand they should sail or give us the non refundable deposit back. I prefer to use it to book a cruise in 2022. Waiting to see what their stance is. I rebooked today and lost $100 after I fought to keep any of my $200 credit.

I dont use a travel agent ...... maybe I need to .

17 minutes ago, Driftwoodgal said:

I am sorry if I offend anyone. We are the clients that booked a product. My thoughts are that is the cruise that we booked should sail or we get a refund on our deposit regardless of type of booking. I can't control the Corona Virus, but I am healthy and can get on a ship that I have booked. I am hoping the cruise line understand they should sail or give us the non refundable deposit back. I prefer to use it to book a cruise in 2022. Waiting to see what their stance is. I rebooked today and lost $100 after I fought to keep any of my $200 credit.

I dont use a travel agent ...... maybe I need to .

If the cruise does not sail you do get a refund.  It is if you choose to cancel before the cruise line cancels that you get a FCC.

as far as the OBC, it depends on what it was from if you get to keep it or not.  If it was a part of a promotion you lose it as you would be booking under the current promotion. 

On 12/20/2020 at 10:33 AM, RFerrington said:

That's sad. Currently at 10 FCC this yr and only one didn't get email with info from Royal, all were Booked by me Royal online. Refunds, since end of July when they have canceled been getting them in about 10days...What read on here guess I should also be playing Lotto.

• Haha 1

Just got an email about our FCC from the 3/20/21 cruise I cancelled approximately 12/7/20.  First it only lists 3 out of the 4 passengers associated with the cruise AND still lists a sail by (not book by) date of 12/31/21.  I though that date has been extended to 4/30/22??

3 hours ago, poocher said:

Just got an email about our FCC from the 3/20/21 cruise I cancelled approximately 12/7/20.  First it only lists 3 out of the 4 passengers associated with the cruise AND still lists a sail by (not book by) date of 12/31/21.  I though that date has been extended to 4/30/22??

The date was extended but the e mail you received had obviously not been updated. IT geniuses asleep at the wheel....again.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The date was extended but the e mail you received had obviously not been updated. IT geniuses asleep at the wheel....again.

I got the email today with fcc for 2 cruises we cancelled.  One had the new expiration date and 1 has the December 2021 date!  Hope the TA can straighten it out.  We already used fcc for 2 cruises in October 2021 so need them for later cruises, i.e., April 2022 cruises. 

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

I got the email today with fcc for 2 cruises we cancelled.  One had the new expiration date and 1 has the December 2021 date!  Hope the TA can straighten it out.  We already used fcc for 2 cruises in October 2021 so need them for later cruises, i.e., April 2022 cruises. 

All FCC’s with the old date will be updated.  No need to do anything.  They will not reissue the letters. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All FCC’s with the old date will be updated.  No need to do anything.  They will not reissue the letters. 

Yes, but this came today!  2 sets of fcc for 2 cruises with different dates listed in the same email. Both cruises were to leave in April 2021.  I know it will be ok, just wierd, as usual.  An IT problem. 

Just now, njkruzer said:

Yes, but this came today!  2 sets of fcc for 2 cruises with different dates listed in the same email. Both cruises were to leave in April 2021.  I know it will be ok, just wierd, as usual.  An IT problem. 

Yep, just an IT error.  Probably had a bunch in the queue waiting for approval that were started prior to the change.