A new definition of a nude cruise?

Is there any chance the COVID disaster could have a positive impact on cruising in the long term? Assuming the vaccines prove to be effective, could a Norovirus vaccine soon follow leveraging the techniques learned from the COVID vaccine development and fast tracking approval?

Related to this, are we soon to see a new definition of a nude cruise? A nude cruise will be redefined as being a face mask optional cruise. Has anyone considered a potential increase in Norovirus outbreaks with the increased use of face masks? I believe a mask worn every day on a cruise will soon become a handy virus storage bin as I walk around constantly adjusting my mask with my hands and handing the bugs off to fellow cruisers.

I plan on getting the vaccine. I do not want to get COVID nor do I want to infect anyone. But that also applies to Norovirus and a lot of other communicable diseases. Please let me decide how much risk I am willing to take in order to cruise. And don't create new problems by becoming focused on one disease.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some of our new PPE/precautions including masks have decreased the common flu markedly, and I expect increased vigilance would have the same effect on other viruses. More protection rather than less.  I'm all in.

I'm in the same boat as kanadakid.  I haven't even had a cold for the last year.

Being an introvert means that covering my face and social distancing aren't really tremendous trials either though.  In fact wearing a mask means far fewer candid photos or group photos.  A double victory.

• 3 weeks later...

I suggest people watch the You Tube video Covid-19 The Inside Story of the Princess Diamond Coronavirus Infection Outbreak Onboard. It should be all the explanation anyone needs regarding cruising, masks and vaccinations.  How fast people forget.