Can I insure Cruise Credits when I've used them to pay for cruise I've booked but not taken?

Holland America refunded all of our cruise fare for a March 2020 cruise which they cancelled. Additionally, they, bless their corporate hearts, issued cruise credits to our accounts in the amount of the cancelled cruise fare. The conditions on using the credits were 1. I had to use them to book a cruise prior to December 31, 2020. 2. The cruise had to be taken by December 31, 2021.  I booked a cruise sailing on November 10, 2021 during November of 2020, thus meeting their criteria. However, when I received my contract, the amount of the cruise credits was listed as a discount, not as cruise credits.  Kudo's to HAL for refunding my money and for the cruise credits (they covered 90% of the cost of the November 2021 cruise) they issued.  Can I, should I, insure the amount of the cruise credits that were turned into a discount, given the situation?  

10 hours ago, Chanoch69 said:

Holland America refunded all of our cruise fare for a March 2020 cruise which they cancelled. Additionally, they, bless their corporate hearts, issued cruise credits to our accounts in the amount of the cancelled cruise fare. The conditions on using the credits were 1. I had to use them to book a cruise prior to December 31, 2020. 2. The cruise had to be taken by December 31, 2021.  I booked a cruise sailing on November 10, 2021 during November of 2020, thus meeting their criteria. However, when I received my contract, the amount of the cruise credits was listed as a discount, not as cruise credits.  Kudo's to HAL for refunding my money and for the cruise credits (they covered 90% of the cost of the November 2021 cruise) they issued.  Can I, should I, insure the amount of the cruise credits that were turned into a discount, given the situation?  

Hi Chanoch69,

You aren't able to insure these bonus Holland America credits. Since they refunded all of your cruise fare, they correctly accounted for their value as a discount. Discounts aren't insurable.

Steve Dasseos