5% + 5% shipboard credit?

ms sjsky

I am a MSC gold member through their match program.  Booked a balcony cabin in 2021 on one of their special 5% + 5% cruises using credit from a cancelled cruise this year.  When I log into my account it shows both myself and my spouse receiving $50 shipboard credit each.  I thought it should be $100 each when you book a balcony.  I tried emailing MSC to see if this is the case and they send me a new confirmation but my account is still showing $50.  Can anyone verify if it should be $100 and if it shows up anywhere before you board the ship.  Thanks. 

It depends on your booking date.  The additional bonus OBC based on cabin type ended, I think, on December 18th and now you only get the $50pp like before the extra OBC promo began.

Terms and Conditions

This promotion is exclusively for MSC Voyagers Club members (Welcome members excluded), it is not retroactive and is valid only for new reservations, made from December 18, 2020 to January 18, 2021. This promotion can be applied on promotional rates. The displayed rates are not discounted, therefore the 5% + 15% discount is automatically applied by entering your MSC Voyagers Club card number during the booking process. The onboard credit will be automatically uploaded in to reservation 24 hours after confirmation. This promotion cannot be combined with any group and network rates. The additional 15% discount, may vary depending on the market, is extendable to all occupants of the same stateroom.
Silver, Gold and Diamond members receive an on board credit equal to $/ € 50 per person on top of the discount on their Voyages Selection booking. Your onboard credit is per member and not per stateroom and it will be applied to the final cruise statement at the end of your cruise. Onboard credit is not available for MSC Voyagers Club members under the age of 18. If the credit is not fully spent during the cruise, it cannot be refunded. All points earned will be assigned approximately 10 days after the end of the cruise.

However, I have two Yacht Club bookings that were made under the additional OBC offer that still show up as only $50pp.  I have not yet tried to get this corrected.

I have three Balcony sailings coming up (I hope) and booked with the 5%+5%. They do show $50 + $50 for me and $50 + $50 for husband. That was in the fine print when I booked. However the 5% + 5% changes from time to time and now it looks like the promo is different and there is now a possibility of 5% + 15% with $50 OBC.

1 hour ago, Até said:

However, I have two Yacht Club bookings that were made under the additional OBC offer that still show up as only $50pp.  I have not yet tried to get this corrected.

On one of mine, I got the correct amount $50 x2 but my wife only got $50. We're both in the same stateroom. I'll deal with it later.....🤪

16 hours ago, Até said:

It depends on your booking date.  The additional bonus OBC based on cabin type ended, I think, on December 18th and now you only get the $50pp like before the extra OBC promo began.

Terms and Conditions

This promotion is exclusively for MSC Voyagers Club members (Welcome members excluded), it is not retroactive and is valid only for new reservations, made from December 18, 2020 to January 18, 2021. This promotion can be applied on promotional rates. The displayed rates are not discounted, therefore the 5% + 15% discount is automatically applied by entering your MSC Voyagers Club card number during the booking process. The onboard credit will be automatically uploaded in to reservation 24 hours after confirmation. This promotion cannot be combined with any group and network rates. The additional 15% discount, may vary depending on the market, is extendable to all occupants of the same stateroom.
Silver, Gold and Diamond members receive an on board credit equal to $/ € 50 per person on top of the discount on their Voyages Selection booking. Your onboard credit is per member and not per stateroom and it will be applied to the final cruise statement at the end of your cruise. Onboard credit is not available for MSC Voyagers Club members under the age of 18. If the credit is not fully spent during the cruise, it cannot be refunded. All points earned will be assigned approximately 10 days after the end of the cruise.

What country are the terms and conditions above from?  For MSC USA website I only see 5+15 for holiday cruises in Dec. 2021--all other dates are 5+5.  Right?

5 hours ago, Sstn said:

What country are the terms and conditions above from?  For MSC USA website I only see 5+15 for holiday cruises in Dec. 2021--all other dates are 5+5.  Right?

It seems MSC US is still in the process of changing it.  It's now 5+15% with $50 OBC and is for Holiday Cruises.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/2021-holiday-cruises

You can still find the old 5+5% with $100 OBC though.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/msc-club-pax-type-55

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Has anyone had any success getting the 5%+5% for a June 2022 cruise out of Florida?

Canadian site still has ALL sailings under Voyages Selection 5+5%.

https://www.msccruises.ca/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/msc-club-pax-type-55

ETA:  All Departures* on US site meant something different.

Edited by Até

1 hour ago, Até said:

ETA:  All Departures* on US site meant something different.

That's what I figured. I booked at a decent price for June 2022 (with 5%) that was less than my March 2022 (5%+5%+OBC) so I can't really complain. Same ship, same itinerary, same stateroom and usually, Summer prices are a bit higher than Spring.

Maybe the US site will extend their dates and I'll rebook at a lower price.

My April Armonia sailings (4+7 nights, which may not sail) are under the usual 5+5 with "up to $100" OBC.  I do not see the OBC listed anywhere on my confirmations.  I booked solo.  I also should receive double points but none of that is shown anywhere in the confirmations.  I booked these online myself on 10/16.

I do see the fine print for the offer (book between 5/20/20 and 12/31/20) which states $50 OBC per person for Gold + an additional $50 per person for Balcony (which I booked) and above.  So, I should get $100 OBC for each leg, correct?

I am definitely going to print this out and put with my docs, just in case that OBC doesn't show up.  Again, all this is assuming I'll actually get to sail in April.  Fingers crossed!!

But, why don't I see this anywhere on my confirmations?

21 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

But, why don't I see this anywhere on my confirmations?

What I do is login to MSC with MSC account, click on "All my cruises",  click "See details" for a particular cruise, click "Cruise Details", and under "On board services", Shipboard credit 50 Eur/Usd is there a couple of times (for $100pp total). 

It is common for the OBC not to show up on the Booking Confirmation.  In addition to what TWO mentioned above you should look at the Booking Details page, usually page three (and four for second passenger), of your Booking Confirmation PDF and ensure it has your MSC Club Member level and Card Number.  Under Pax Type it should also state "Voyage selection 5+5". 

I have never seen a mention of the double points on any documents, but so far MSC has given the proper double point amounts for my sailings that qualified.  Unfortunately that section of the website has never worked properly for me.  You may want to call to verify your points are correct after the cruise.

On 12/24/2020 at 12:48 PM, Sstn said:

I doubt that this information is legit. I would rather check it out next year just to be on the safe side of things. These days you may never know. Things might drastically change any time. I think we need to set some sort of a plan before booking anything.. we need to be careful 

11 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I doubt that this information is legit. I would rather check it out next year just to be on the safe side of things.

For the US the Voyages Selection 5+5% is officially set to expire this December 31st.  It seems MSC has made it a little harder to find on the website while the 5+15% Holiday offer is more prominent.  Holiday 5+15% offer runs from December 18th, 2020 to January 18th, 2021.  It is very probable another offer will replace the VS 5+5% on January 1st but that doesn't mean the current offers aren't legit.  Perhaps you meant to question if they are a good deal....

I would suggest getting it added to Confirmation prior to cruise. We cruise MSC often and are fans but have never found “financial” questions / problems being easily corrected on board. Best to board with all the t’s crossed. We currently have three 5%+5% booked and it is noted on our Booking Confirmations.