Costa Firenze Delivered

snoozecrooze

The ship was delivered on December 22 [https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24083-costa-takes-delivery-of-new-costa-firenze.html] and looks the same as Costa Venezia on the outside.

But here's a great overview of what she looks like on the inside:

Love it or hate it, anyone can admit Costa will always have unique, not-cookie-cutter decor that is clearly inspired by key themes on each of their vessels. I think this ship's interior design reflects the vibe they really wanted to project for the "Florentine Renaissance."

I know she was initially scheduled to head to Asia immediately but that was before the pandemic struck, so now she's scheduled to sail in the Mediterranean first. Are you booked on a Firenze sailing later next year? (February, March, etc.) Share and let us know! I feel like there's not enough coverage of these newer Costa vessels, but specifically for the Venezia-class, so if anyone would like to give any POV insight, that would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

In my opinion, Costa Firenze looks really good.  It's more elegant than older Costa ships, still pretty kitschy, but the overall effect is nice. Nevertheless, I prefer the Concordia Class ships because Venezia, Firenze and Smeralda are too big and too crowded. I also regret that on the newest ships there is only such a small atrium, without panoramic lifts. The atriums on Concordia Class, 8 decks high, with glass elevators and a glass dome at the top, are much more impressive.

By the way, I read that the Carnival Coropration, to which Costa belongs, will take over only 1 of the 5 planned new ships this year, Rotterdam for Holland America, while Costa Toscana, Enchanted Princess and 2 others will be delayed until 2022. It’s sad that the whole cruise industry is falling apart like this.

She looks amaizing. When I was onboard Costa Luminosa I was surprised about how similar many of her public spaces were in design. On the Costa Firenze very area seems to have a different decor, which I really like.

• 4 months later...
On 1/19/2021 at 12:27 PM, sealynx said:

She looks amaizing. When I was onboard Costa Luminosa I was surprised about how similar many of her public spaces were in design. On the Costa Firenze very area seems to have a different decor, which I really like.

Yes both luminosa and Deliziosa have similar colour scheme throughout. I don't dislike it. Would say Deliziosa is one of my favourites but also love other costs ships decor. Am looking forwards fingers crossed to sailing on Deliziosa and Firenze later this year 

• 4 weeks later...