I have to give credit to Celebrity. Cancelled cruise refund arrived

We had the 10 night 05/25/2021 Summit cruise booked.  It was, of course, cancelled.  We had $2,700 on deposit.  Our TA connected with Celebrity.  I don’t know whether or not it helped that we were booked in the PS and have 3 more cruises booked in the PS on future cruises. However, today I was notified that the $2,700 was credited back to my American Express.  Not at all what I expected but I happily accept the “timely” refund.

1 hour ago, goldsmip115 said:

We had the 10 night 05/25/2021 Summit cruise booked.  It was, of course, cancelled.  We had $2,700 on deposit.  Our TA connected with Celebrity.  I don’t know whether or not it helped that we were booked in the PS and have 3 more cruises booked in the PS on future cruises. However, today I was notified that the $2,700 was credited back to my American Express.  Not at all what I expected but I happily accept the “timely” refund.

How long did you wait for the refund?

I also have to give them credit for the same thing.  We had a March of 2022 cruise on the Summit canceled by Celebrity and had our refund within 16 days.  It was only $500, but I appreciated it coming in a timely manner.

Wish I could say the same.

Still waiting for repayments for two cruises cancelled in September, that would have already sailed, to be refunded. 

The TAs say to wait 4 months+ for the refund. And they're not large amounts.

Not sure what causes some delays but other than our April 2020 cruise which we cancelled in March after final payment, the other 7 cruises which were cancelled by Celebrity and 1 by us we had our refund in between 5 and 10 days.  In the cases where our refund was in the form of a FCC those took about 4 weeks.  

14 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

Obviously you weren't on Santa's naughty list.  🎅

Wish I could say the same as so many of you.  I am still waiting for our deposit from our May 15, 2021 cruise which was cancelled by Celebrity.

In the past year, we have waited a long time for all deposits to be put back on our credit card. 

Edited by NJ Gal
10 hours ago, NJ Gal said:

Wish I could say the same as so many of you.  I am still waiting for our deposit from our May 15, 2021 cruise which was cancelled by Celebrity.

In the past year, we have waited a long time for all deposits to be put back on our credit card. 

Why didn't you just dispute the charge with your credit card after say 60 days? I had to do that with payment on an MSC cruise after it got to 75 days with no refund. My credit card company was expedient and I had the money back within three days of the dispute and they closed the case in my favor in a little over 30 days after that point.

1 hour ago, sydbarrett said:

Mine took 8 months 😄

The one I had paid in full took a total of 6 weeks, was credited in dribs and drabs but got it all in what I felt was a fair amount of time.  For deposits that I have moved around to new bookings has never taken more than 24 hours to reflect in my account.

Hi,

My refund for 2 cruises that were paid in full

took close to 4 months.

This was after many many emails and phone calls.

They gave me a multitude of lame excuses that

changed daily. They were very creative.