Jump to content

Carnival Gift Cards


Recommended Posts

Does anyone know anywhere you can purchase a carnival gift card in a smaller denomination than $100? Our local grocery stores used to have them, but I’m having a hard time locating them now. And I found where carnival sells them online but the smallest one was for $100.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

Does anyone know anywhere you can purchase a carnival gift card in a smaller denomination than $100? Our local grocery stores used to have them, but I’m having a hard time locating them now. And I found where carnival sells them online but the smallest one was for $100.

 

There is an active thread here on buying discounted gift cards through Allstate.  They often have 100., 500, and 1,000 denominations.  I have never seen them in smaller denominations.

 

Happy sailing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

I believe Carnival stopped offering the smaller denominations. Said they were too time consuming to process when people were applying many of them to their accounts.

Oh gosh, thanks! I didn’t realize that! I mean, that’s probably accurate! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Extracted from Terms and Conditions on Carnival Website:

 

Purchasers may not acquire Gift Cards or other prepaid access from Carnival in any given day in an aggregate amount that exceeds $10,000. Each single Gift Card may be purchased in any denomination between $100 and $1,000.

 

Once activated, Gift Cards may not be resold; resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure and cancellation of the Gift Card without compensation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

Does anyone know anywhere you can purchase a carnival gift card in a smaller denomination than $100? Our local grocery stores used to have them, but I’m having a hard time locating them now. And I found where carnival sells them online but the smallest one was for $100.

Recently, I have seen the Carnival gift cards in fixed denomination of $100, $500, and $1000 at Allstate Rewards, AAPR Rewards, and my local grocery store.  This morning I was in Office Depot, and I saw a variable load Carnival card for between $100 and $500.  So nope, no evidence around here of a card at less than $100.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2020 at 7:19 PM, kelkel2 said:

Does anyone know anywhere you can purchase a carnival gift card in a smaller denomination than $100? Our local grocery stores used to have them, but I’m having a hard time locating them now. And I found where carnival sells them online but the smallest one was for $100.

 

Here are some of the retail locations from the Carnival gift card website that should sell gift cards. No guarantee that they have any under $100, but if you have any of these in your area, it's worth a try.

Kroger, Giant Eagle, Hyvee, Price Chopper, Safeway, Meijer, Albertsons, Lowes, Winn Dixie Office Max, Publix.

Once upon a time, I saw $25 & $50 at Target and Lowe's, but it's been a long time. The other person may be right in that they don't sell the smaller ones anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

 

Here are some of the retail locations from the Carnival gift card website that should sell gift cards. No guarantee that they have any under $100, but if you have any of these in your area, it's worth a try.

Kroger, Giant Eagle, Hyvee, Price Chopper, Safeway, Meijer, Albertsons, Lowes, Winn Dixie Office Max, Publix.

Once upon a time, I saw $25 & $50 at Target and Lowe's, but it's been a long time. The other person may be right in that they don't sell the smaller ones anymore.

Thanks!! I do have several of those stores, although I feel like I’ve looked at a few of them before.

I suppose I’m one of those annoying people they’re trying to stop, but I like to throw a $25 or $50 on at my grocery check out. I apply them to my sign and sail on board. 
I don’t drink enough to benefit from cheers, but this sure does help take the sting off at the end! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

Thanks!! I do have several of those stores, although I feel like I’ve looked at a few of them before.

I suppose I’m one of those annoying people they’re trying to stop, but I like to throw a $25 or $50 on at my grocery check out. I apply them to my sign and sail on board. 
I don’t drink enough to benefit from cheers, but this sure does help take the sting off at the end! 

You are not annoying at all. You knew this was a great place to ask questions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Save your money, you won't be able to get a refund once CCL goes bankrupt, no way a company bleeding this much cash month after month can avoid reorganization, and thats what CCL will need to do to come out of this once the world gets back to normal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, paulgraff said:

Save your money, you won't be able to get a refund once CCL goes bankrupt, no way a company bleeding this much cash month after month can avoid reorganization, and thats what CCL will need to do to come out of this once the world gets back to normal. 

Source?  Or is this an opinion?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2020 at 5:49 AM, kelkel2 said:

Thanks!! I do have several of those stores, although I feel like I’ve looked at a few of them before.

I suppose I’m one of those annoying people they’re trying to stop, but I like to throw a $25 or $50 on at my grocery check out. I apply them to my sign and sail on board. 
I don’t drink enough to benefit from cheers, but this sure does help take the sting off at the end! 

 

We were supposed to go on a cruise with another family back in 2018. I had planned on buying a $25 and $50 gift card to use as prizes for a game I was making for the kids. That's when Target & Lowe's had the lower denominations, so it's been a couple years since I've seen them. The other family ended up cancelling on us, so I didn't buy them. I haven't looked since.

 

If you were just going to apply them to your S&S account, another option would be to buy some Cruise Cash. It can be bought in $25 increments ($500 per cabin limit). You do have to have a cruise booked to buy it, but it might be a good alternative. Just be careful because there are 3 different types of Cruise Cash. Cruise Cash Bar can, obviously, only be used at bars. Cruise Cash Photos at Pixels. Regular Cruise Cash can be used anywhere. Any Cruise Cash you buy will be on your S&S account when you get onboard. To buy it, go to the online Fun Shops on Carnival's website.

Edited by Organized Chaos
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

 

We were supposed to go on a cruise with another family back in 2018. I had planned on buying a $25 and $50 gift card to use as prizes for a game I was making for the kids. That's when Target & Lowe's had the lower denominations, so it's been a couple years since I've seen them. The other family ended up cancelling on us, so I didn't buy them. I haven't looked since.

 

If you were just going to apply them to your S&S account, another option would be to buy some Cruise Cash. It can be bought in $25 increments ($500 per cabin limit). You do have to have a cruise booked to buy it, but it might be a good alternative. Just be careful because there are 3 different types of Cruise Cash. Cruise Cash Bar can, obviously, only be used at bars. Cruise Cash Photos at Pixels. Regular Cruise Cash can be used anywhere. Any Cruise Cash you buy will be on your S&S account when you get onboard. To buy it, go to the online Fun Shops on Carnival's website.

Thanks! That could be a good option!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

Thanks! That could be a good option!! 

 

No problem. I forgot to mention, Cruise Cash is non-refundable, use it or lose it. So don't buy more than you think you can spend. If you do end up with a remainder, you can use what most people refer to as the "casino trick." Deposit the remaining Cruise Cash into a slot machine, play once or twice, then cash out. Obviously, it'll only work with people old enough to gamble.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2020 at 6:03 PM, Calnev1 said:

Recently, I have seen the Carnival gift cards in fixed denomination of $100, $500, and $1000 at Allstate Rewards, AAPR Rewards, and my local grocery store.  This morning I was in Office Depot, and I saw a variable load Carnival card for between $100 and $500.  So nope, no evidence around here of a card at less than $100.

Do you still have the option to buy them on Allstate Rewards?  Recently all of the Carnival gift cards are gone from my account.  I do see Royal Caribbean gift certificates available, but all Carnival brands (including Princess) are gone :(  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jc4me said:

Do you still have the option to buy them on Allstate Rewards?  Recently all of the Carnival gift cards are gone from my account.  I do see Royal Caribbean gift certificates available, but all Carnival brands (including Princess) are gone 😞

I am not sure if they will be offered again. I had them as an option on my Southwest rewards as an option for points but all Carnival gift cards have been removed. There are RCL cards still available. I suspect Carnival is either controlling them or removing them as rewards options.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

For anyone who does want smaller ones to give as prizes, you can always buy the $100 and apply part of it to your own booking, then give the card (or just the number & pin) to someone else.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of years ago I saw a couple of $25 carnival gift cards at my Lowe’s so decided to get them. The cashier tried everything she knew how to do to activate them, but just kept saying invalid. I think that was right after carnival stopped with the smaller denominations. So if you do see any still around, they most likely won’t be able to be loaded.

 

 

Edited by Bostwick girl
Additional info
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2021 at 7:56 AM, jc4me said:

Do you still have the option to buy them on Allstate Rewards?  Recently all of the Carnival gift cards are gone from my account.  I do see Royal Caribbean gift certificates available, but all Carnival brands (including Princess) are gone 😞

 

Right now they only have the $1,000 cards in stock. They temporarily run out of stock now & again, but give it time and the $100 & $500 will be back.

 

 

On 1/1/2021 at 10:02 AM, tytanbri said:

I am not sure if they will be offered again. I had them as an option on my Southwest rewards as an option for points but all Carnival gift cards have been removed. There are RCL cards still available. I suspect Carnival is either controlling them or removing them as rewards options.

 

Just be aware that the RCL certificates operate completely different than the Carnival gift cards. The RCL certs. are very limited in what they can be used for (I think balance payment only).

 

Carnival isn't affiliated with Allstate Rewards and doesn't control whether or not the gift cards appear on there. The rewards program is operated by a third-party company and more than likely they do all the gift card purchases in bulk, then work out whatever deal they have with Allstate. They run out of stock now & again, been that way for years, but get more eventually.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...