Infinity - sweet 16 cabins on deck 6 only?

lasekeye

Hello everyone,

honest I have looked through previous posts, but I’m not finding a definitive answer to my question.  Are the “sweet 16” cabins only on deck 6?  What about deck 7 or 8, are they larger balconies too?

23 minutes ago, lasekeye said:

Hello everyone,

honest I have looked through previous posts, but I’m not finding a definitive answer to my question.  Are the “sweet 16” cabins only on deck 6?  What about deck 7 or 8, are they larger balconies too?

yes, they’re only on deck 6 and only on the M class ships. 

That is correct. "Sweet Sixteen" cabins can only be found of deck 6 of Millennium-Class Ships. They include cabin # 6016-6030 (starboard) and #6021-6035 (port). The 'corner' Sweet Sixteens -- 6030 & 6035 -- are both amazing. There used to be good exterior shots of the balconies, floating around somewhere here on CC. Maybe try the 'search feature'?

10 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

That is correct. "Sweet Sixteen" cabins can only be found of deck 6 of Millennium-Class Ships. They include cabin # 6016-6030 (starboard) and #6021-6035 (port). The 'corner' Sweet Sixteens -- 6030 & 6035 -- are both amazing. There used to be good exterior shots of the balconies, floating around somewhere here on CC. Maybe try the 'search feature'?

We don't care for "sweet sixteen" verandas - no privacy - people above can look down onto your private space.

If you look at the picture above, you can see that the sweet sixteens have just as much privacy of any other veranda on the deck; the extension of the balcony is the only part not covered.  What's your problem....

19 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

If you look at the picture above, you can see that the sweet sixteens have just as much privacy of any other veranda on the deck; the extension of the balcony is the only part not covered.  What's your problem....

My "problem" is that we like to sit near the edge of the veranda, those ABOVE ( a second reference for those who can't read) can look down on you and therefore no privacy.  We have had people above drop debris (incl. cigarette butts) down on our exposed section and make snide remarks to us when we want just peace and quiet, listening to the sound of the water rather than somebody's "humor."

Are you telling me that anyone who doesn't like a sweet sixteen veranda has a problem?  How rude.

Edited by El Crucero

15 minutes ago, El Crucero said:

My "problem" is that we like to sit near the edge of the veranda, those ABOVE ( a second reference for those who can't read) can look down on you and therefore no privacy.  We have had people above drop debris (incl. cigarette butts) down on our exposed section and make snide remarks to us when we want just peace and quiet, listening to the sound of the water rather than somebody's "humor."

Are you telling me that anyone who doesn't like a sweet sixteen veranda has a problem?  How rude.

Totally understandable re the debris, especially the cigarette butt, which would warrant a call IMO.  But even if the balcony was not exposed and if people are above you on theirs, you would still be hearing the laughter or conversations.  Seems to me this would not be an appropriate type balcony for you.

1 hour ago, El Crucero said:

We don't care for "sweet sixteen" verandas - no privacy - people above can look down onto your private space.

I do see your point -- not every cabin is for every cruiser. We've only stayed in the 'corner' SS cabins (6030 & 6035). On both of those, I have found places (closer-in to the door) where I could position my chair for privacy. And, well, it's not like they give you loungers to utilize that double-sized balcony. (At least I've always been told 'no', when I asked😕).

In my experience, the aft balconies on the Solstice class ships have much less privacy than the Millie Class's Sweet Sixteens. On those, people can easily view your balcony from above AND below! Oh -- and, no matter where my balcony was located, debris from above (especially prohibited items, like cigarettes) would warrant a swift and insistent phone call to Security!😠

Edited by wwcruisers
  • Thanks 1

A couple of years ago we were enjoying C.C. cocktails in the Ensemble Lounge one evening.  We were with two other couples (new friends) one couple was from Kent, England, kind of quiet, reserved type.  The only table left for us was the area across from the entrance to the lady's 'facilities'.  After all of us had a drink (or two) I started to comment about the urgency of the visit based on how a lady entered the facility.  We were quiet and respectful but the game was on.  The poor lady from Kent was in tears of laughter.  She had her evening wrap draped over her head!  She said, "I've never had so much fun on a cruise!"  Then we all saw a woman run into the facility, pushing another to the side.  We all quietly looked at each other and then all of us burst out in laughter!  The waiter walked over and with a deadpan face said,  "I can see everybody here needs another round."

Was I uncouth, ungentlemanly, and silly?  Yes, guilty as charged.  But we do have fun on our Celebrity cruises.

Edited by El Crucero
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, El Crucero said:

A couple of years ago we were enjoying C.C. cocktails in the Ensemble Lounge one evening.  We were with two other couples (new friends) one couple was from Kent, England, kind of quiet type.  The only table left for us was the area across from the entrance to the lady's 'facilities'.  After a drink (or two) I started to comment about the urgency of the visit based on how a lady entered the facility.  We were quiet and respectful but the game was on.  The poor lady from Kent was in tears of laughter.  She said, "I've never had so much fun on a cruise!"  Then we all saw a woman run into the facility, pushing another to the side.  We all quietly looked at each other and then all of us burst out in laughter!  The waiter walked over and with a deadpan face said,  "I can see everybody here needs another round."

Was I uncouth, ungentlemanly, and silly?  Yes, guilty as charged.  But we do have fun on our Celebrity cruises.

I would like 2 of what you are drinking please!!!  Celebrity cruise and fun go hand in hand.