2021 - Good days or Bad ??

1 hour ago, joejoe 59 said:

Yes we need to keep everything crossed i think.🤞

We only made full payment on the 6th, so now we just wait & see what happens. 

We live 2.5 hours north of Brisbane so aren't in lockdown ourselves. 

We have all but decided to cancel as there are too many variables, airports,transfer bus etc.

Will lose money on Jetstar flight but get credits from Virgin.

Good luck with yours.

Cheers Carole

12 minutes ago, Sailaway John said:

What ship are you on and from where to where?

No Sailaway John it is not me who is sailing.  It is Lissie from NZ who is on the Spirit of Enderby with Heritage sailing to the Snares and Stewart Island and a few other small NZ ports.

Can't really see how anybody can be contemplating cruising for a long time. We have gone from sudden closures of State Borders making interstate trips very risky - now we get a sudden lockdown locally in Brisbane, more or less out of the blue. What if you had booked a flight to a safe place like Tasmania for a holiday, departing today ? So I have gone from not being able to contemplate an International holiday to not being able to contemplate an Interstate holiday to now not being able to contemplate a local Qld holiday!!!! 🙂 Now the idiots in Queensland Health are saying that we must wear masks by ourselves in our cars!!! 

• Like 1

David - I think the long term problem will be the local Authorities/Bureaucracy/politicians - even after the virus appears to have departed, they will be reluctant to take their finger away from the big Red button and publicly say "It's all over" 

• Like 1

Can we please hide  THE BIG RED BUTTON      ( the button of doom ) 

And I agreed a bit over the top 

• Mandatory mask wearing anywhere outside of your home   ( greater brisbane )

Inside your own car by yourself.... well you are protection your car..???

It is getting like a roller coast ride you don't enjoy...   and sudden stops all by itself

Don

Edited by getting older slowly

13 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't see a reason to wear masks while a person is in their car, unless it is to ensure they wear it when they get out of the car. It would be easy to forget to put it on.

It's silly! And it isn't that hard to remember to put your mask on before leaving the car. That's what we always do. People would soon learn to remember if they got hit with a fine for not wearing a mask.

I'm a bit confused as to what a three day lockdown is going to achieve, especially if large numbers of people have "escaped" to the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast. I would have thought a week long lockdown would be more effective and there needed to be some way of stopping selfish people from going elsewhere. Three days only covers the mormal minimal time for symptoms to appear. NSW has found that it has taken longer in some cases. Hopefully there won't be any more cases though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's silly! And it isn't that hard to remember to put your mask on before leaving the car. That's what we always do. People would soon learn to remember if they got hit with a fine for not wearing a mask.

I can see how Queenslanders could forget to put a mask on. We each carry one, but have never worn it. 🙂

Masks are simple.  I get into the car and immediately put on my mask.  This means I don't forget to put the mask on when I get out of the car at the shops or wherever I'm going.  If I drive without one, I forget to put it on when I stop and get out ... sooo, simples. 

But I'm from Melbourne and we have all lived with masks for months. I've gotten into the "rhythm".  Get used to them and ... get over it!  Just sayin'. 🙄😷  They aren't that hard, truly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I can see how Queenslanders could forget to put a mask on. We each carry one, but have never worn it. 🙂

Until the first lockdown last year we'd never worn masks. It didn't take much effort to learn to wear them and we've been using them ever since, in supermarkets especially. Not so much at our local butcher and greengrocer shopping area as those are individual shops at an open air plaza with low pedestrian traffic.

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Three days only covers the mormal minimal time for symptoms to appear.

Not when you add the three days to the time  carrier was infectious which was more than three days ago, Jan 2 was it?

What do you do with your coronavirus laden masks after you have worn them? I assume you wash them after every use? What do you wash them with? How and where do you store and carry these coronavirus laden masks when you are not wearing them? 

2 hours ago, bazzaw said:

What do you do with your coronavirus laden masks after you have worn them? I assume you wash them after every use? What do you wash them with? How and where do you store and carry these coronavirus laden masks when you are not wearing them? 

I use the disposable type.😷 No need for washing.😉

10 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Not when you add the three days to the time  carrier was infectious which was more than three days ago, Jan 2 was it?

Jan 2-6, so the lockdown only covers days 5-9 from potential infection.  Standard quarantine time is 14 days plus NSW discovered during the Northern Beaches outbreak that people were showing symptoms later than expected - usually it's around day 5 but they were seeing cases only showing symptoms after day 10.  However that wasn't the UK strain.

I have several masks but as yet have only used them in limited circumstances a couple of times, we have opted to stay at home and not mix instead of trying to carry on. We have washed them after use, soaked in bleach for a while and then washed in the machine, dried in the sun.