Jump to content

Best balcony room location on spirit class ships


jperry2011
 Share

Recommended Posts

What would you consider the best balcony room location on a spirit class ship considering vibration, noise, view, etc.?

 

I've been on deck 4 once and 5 twice midship with little to no vibration or noise. Deck 8 aft the last cruise awesome view but ridiculous vibration while the ship was moving... Already booked for deck 8 midship on the legend for November.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jperry2011 said:

What would you consider the best balcony room location on a spirit class ship considering vibration, noise, view, etc.?

 

I've been on deck 4 once and 5 twice midship with little to no vibration or noise. Deck 8 aft the last cruise awesome view but ridiculous vibration while the ship was moving... Already booked for deck 8 midship on the legend for November.

 

Not sure what deck 8 is, but we were on the Panorama deck on the Legend.  I do not recall any vibration.  The view from up there is wonderful 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Not sure what deck 8 is, but we were on the Panorama deck on the Legend.  I do not recall any vibration.  The view from up there is wonderful 

 

I was just looking at Legend's deck plans and Panorama is on Deck 8.  If it was available, I would book 8234 or 8239 because they are 'bowling alley' balconies for the extended balcony rate.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The best balcony room is 4228. Port side, aft wrap. Huge stateroom. Below is a dining room and public deck. Stateroom above. Aft wrap staterooms on higher decks are smaller. If vibration is a consideration for you, Decks 6. 7. & 8 have two cabins each with bowling alley balconies. Slightly wider, and thirty feet long. Great views, room for two loungers and chairs and tables. Best affordable balcony staterooms in the fleet. Some ships have 8234 set aside as ambulatory accessible staterooms. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Not sure what deck 8 is, but we were on the Panorama deck on the Legend.  I do not recall any vibration.  The view from up there is wonderful 

 

Panorama is deck 8 lol when you went in the elevator what floor button did you push? 8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glory is a different layout.  The Spirit-class ships have a rather different design.

 

My only 3 balcony cabins on Carnival (>30 sailings) have been on Spirit-class ships.  First was a side "extended" balcony on Miracle, maybe 7231 (it's been a decade).  It was nice, but in retrospect, I would've traded a slightly-smaller balcony for the extended because it looked right down on the lifeboats.  I really enjoy watching the ship docking and leaving, so the view was blocked.  Just sitting, it was fine.

 

Next time was aft on Miracle, I think 4230.  Some vibration leaving port, but nice cabin.  Extremely hot on the balcony but at least aft cabins on that deck have an overhang.

 

Next time was aft on Pride, cabin 4232.  Thought it would be great, just like the cabin next door was on Miracle.  Not so.  Much more vibration.  The last night, maybe because we were moving slowly back in to Baltimore, the vibration was horrendous.  Literally was like someone grabbing me by the shoulder and shaking me awake over and over all night.  I was paranoid all the way home (about a 6 hr drive) that I'd fall asleep at the wheel.  Never again!

 

Anyway, I'd booked a French Door on Legend for Med/TA this past October before finding out they were no longer French Doors but floor-to-ceiling windows.  For the re-booking for next October, I just opted for an inside.  I really love nice, dark inside cabins for sleeping and as a solo, must keep the cost down.  If I ever book another balcony on a Spirit-class ship, I'll opt for regular (not extended) on Deck 7 Verandah.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, wolft927 said:

Depending on what you want to spend. I was on the Glory and had a Ocean Suite which i thought was great! Only cabins above and below you

Eventually I'll get a suite just don't want to ruin the balcony or extended balcony we usually get... Won't be the same after a suite I'd imagine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DH and I had a Premium Balcony cabin on the Legend on Deck 6 right behind the aft elevators and it was huge with a very large balcony. No noise from elevators, dining rooms and Lido Buffet are aft so very convenient with elevators right there. We have an aft Premium Balcony cabin booked on the Pride for Jan. 2022 - same location with larger cabin and balcony. Haven't had regular Balcony Cabin, so can't comment on good location of one of those. If you can afford the Premium Balcony, go for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/30/2020 at 10:59 PM, vwrestler171 said:

My preferred room is aft, as high as I can get and still have a deck of cabins above me to keep sound down.

Exactly what I pick as well.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2021 at 11:18 AM, Djptcp said:

DH and I had a Premium Balcony cabin on the Legend on Deck 6 right behind the aft elevators and it was huge with a very large balcony. No noise from elevators, dining rooms and Lido Buffet are aft so very convenient with elevators right there. We have an aft Premium Balcony cabin booked on the Pride for Jan. 2022 - same location with larger cabin and balcony. Haven't had regular Balcony Cabin, so can't comment on good location of one of those. If you can afford the Premium Balcony, go for it.

When are you going in Jan?  Hubbs and I just booked a premium balcony on the ride for Jan 30, 2022.

 

baf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...