Port everglades hotel

wolft927

So i am heading out of Port everglades in december 2021 and just found a really good deal for a pre cruise room. Renaissance Hotel about a half mile from dock was only $122 before taxes. I usually stay at Holiday Inn Select but they wanted $300 plus. Anyone cruising out of Port everglades in December ( I'm out the 4th) check out that deal.  

1 hour ago, TTEllis said:

Oh Brother, not again.🙄.......😃........😉.

Stick with The Renaissance. 

YES..again !!...I remember your comment that Hyatt Place was not a "real" Hyatt :classic_rolleyes:

Absolutely no reason to not offer the OP a comparison...just because you didn't like

Hyatt Place...many on these boards do !

22 minutes ago, Ashland said:

YES..again !!...I remember your comment that Hyatt Place was not a "real" Hyatt :classic_rolleyes:

Absolutely no reason to not offer the OP a comparison...just because you didn't like

Hyatt Place...many on these boards do !

I was just kidding, you made a great "comparison" . That'll work. I remember you too, I had to throw something at you. 

Never a worry.😉

• Haha 1

OP - the week after Thanksgiving is traditionally a slow period and cruises and hotel rooms are reasonable but even given that $122 seems like an excellent price.  Three weeks later and the prices for both increase significantly for the Christmas/New Years holidays and stay high for the winter season.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 11:24 AM, wolft927 said:

So i am heading out of Port everglades in december 2021 and just found a really good deal for a pre cruise room. Renaissance Hotel about a half mile from dock was only $122 before taxes. I usually stay at Holiday Inn Select but they wanted $300 plus. Anyone cruising out of Port everglades in December ( I'm out the 4th) check out that deal.  

We booked The Renaissance for the 12th of December 2021. Price was $122.00, could not pass it up.

On 1/23/2021 at 12:01 PM, Roger88 said:

There is nothing better than staying in those port hotels. They are so nice and cozy and especially enjoy staying there for a day or two just to enjoy the view of the ocean (if there are rooms like that) 

Oh yes there is staying at the beach hotels. They are so nice, secure and AWESOME.

The "port hotels" wow you must have some really good eyes, funny I don't remember being able to walk to Ft. Lauderdale Beach from the "port hotels" much less seeing it.🤔🙄

On 12/30/2020 at 10:54 PM, capriccio said:

OP - the week after Thanksgiving is traditionally a slow period and cruises and hotel rooms are reasonable but even given that $122 seems like an excellent price.  Three weeks later and the prices for both increase significantly for the Christmas/New Years holidays and stay high for the winter season.

capriccio, we've been packed at Thanksgiving.

To the OP, that's a fantastic  deal!

On 12/30/2020 at 12:24 PM, wolft927 said:

Is the Renaissance Hotel on 1617 17th street?  I'm looking for a hotel for December 9th but lowest rate I could find was $143 (Non-refundable)

Edited by Raymok

On 1/28/2021 at 9:10 AM, Raymok said:

Is the Renaissance Hotel on 1617 17th street?  I'm looking for a hotel for December 9th but lowest rate I could find was $143 (Non-refundable)

Sounds like the address address, yes, it’s on 17th St.

We booked the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina for now. The rate was $137 plus tax total $155 (fully refundable). The room had a view of the cruise ship piers. But will probably change if we can find a better rate at a comparable hotel nearby.

Edited by Raymok

10 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

We know of a couple who stayed at the Crown Inn because it’s cheap, but say it’s only for one night.  Thoughts 

Not familiar with that hotel, and I am all for saving a buck without compromising on cleanliness and safety.  You should consider what services/facilities you will use when deciding on a hotel.  If you are coming in off of a long, trans-Atlantic flight you may not care much about the pool, beach, nightlife, etc. but will care about proximity to the airport, port, maybe dining options or room service, etc.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info - start your search there. 

If any of the above helps you owe me a pint - whatever "bitter" your local pours will be great! 😎

21 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Not familiar with that hotel, and I am all for saving a buck without compromising on cleanliness and safety.  You should consider what services/facilities you will use when deciding on a hotel.  If you are coming in off of a long, trans-Atlantic flight you may not care much about the pool, beach, nightlife, etc. but will care about proximity to the airport, port, maybe dining options or room service, etc.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info - start your search there. 

If any of the above helps you owe me a pint - whatever "bitter" your local pours will be great! 😎

Thank you for supporting, but when we travel as a couple it’s The Pillars for us.  When in a group it’s the Riverside, W et al, being whatever the girls decide.  They tend to try different hotels, using it as a nice base from where they can shop etc for 3/4 days pre-cruise.  Boys have no input.

We have stayed there several times.  We like it very much.

IF you are renting a car...rent from the Budget across the street in the shopping centre.   

Why???  The Ren charges ( or used to $20) day for parking.  If you ask nicely Budget will allow you to park in one of their stalls in the shopping centre parking lot.  Easy walking distance to some good restaurants, Einstein and Starbucks are within 2 blocks.

Edited by iancal

On 2/1/2021 at 12:35 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

We know of a couple who stayed at the Crown Inn because it’s cheap, but say it’s only for one night.  Thoughts 

No,  no, and not  ever.     Horrible   busy location and  the  motel is known for hookers and drugs.

I honestly  would not feel safe parking in the lot there.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know what I should use as search terms to find a hotel near Port Everglades that also provides parking while you're cruising and a shuttle to the port? I guess the shuttle part is optional if a taxi ride won't be too expensive.

Apologies if this topic is covered elsewhere.

I don't know about long term parking at a hotel but you can start with this website to identify hotels near Port Everglades:  https://www.sunny.org/plan-your-trip/cruisers/cruise-hotels/

Free shuttles to the port are uncommon and if a hotel charges by person it is often cheaper and faster to get Uber/Lyft or a taxi.