Jump to content

Port everglades hotel


wolft927
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Ashland said:

Oh Todd....you're such fun...glad you're back... :classic_biggrin:

Hey Cheryl!!

Just trying to start one with Bubba from the Tribe of Indians from NC. 

Please don't one way or another or another take what I write on this board like real seriously. I'm just trying to have fun and after all these years still learning things about traveling and living on the sea. 

You ok? Hope all is well in the neighborhood. It's almost gotten to be a pain in the ass anymore just to stay relatively healthy. It's really ridiculous the effort and cost to stay upright focused and moving forward. I had no clue to say the least.  That's an understatement.  

 

Listen to me when I rag on the Hyatt Place, ok for a night or two pre-cruise MAYBE, if that hotel is sold out, I'm pitching a tent in Total Wines parking lot. 

BTW there's a Bagel shop down the street from the Hyatt Place had breakfast there several times. South Florida has bagels down, YUMMY!!

Know how we spell North Carolina in West Virginia..........DELTA AIRLINES.  😉

Come on Cheryl what did I tell you about that turnip truck nope didn't happen looks like it😁 but it didn't. 🙂

 

I wonder where Bubba from the Tribe in NC, come on bro wake up!!🙂

 

Cheryl have a nice evening I have to sleep.  Night night.  

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Hey Cheryl!!

Just trying to start one with Bubba from the Tribe of Indians from NC. 

Please don't one way or another or another take what I write on this board like real seriously. I'm just trying to have fun and after all these years still learning things about traveling and living on the sea. 

You ok? Hope all is well in the neighborhood. It's almost gotten to be a pain in the ass anymore just to stay relatively healthy. It's really ridiculous the effort and cost to stay upright focused and moving forward. I had no clue to say the least.  That's an understatement.  

 

Listen to me when I rag on the Hyatt Place, ok for a night or two pre-cruise MAYBE, if that hotel is sold out, I'm pitching a tent in Total Wines parking lot. 

BTW there's a Bagel shop down the street from the Hyatt Place had breakfast there several times. South Florida has bagels down, YUMMY!!

Know how we spell North Carolina in West Virginia..........DELTA AIRLINES.  😉

Come on Cheryl what did I tell you about that turnip truck nope didn't happen looks like it😁 but it didn't. 🙂

 

I wonder where Bubba from the Tribe in NC, come on bro wake up!!🙂

 

Cheryl have a nice evening I have to sleep.  Night night.  

 

 

 

 

Hey Todd... I enjoy your sense of humor. Love West Virginia by the way...I used to fly into Huntington all the time as it was the closest airport to my home town...Ashland Ky. 

You stay healthy and take care of yourself...have a good tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hey Todd... I enjoy your sense of humor. Love West Virginia by the way...I used to fly into Huntington all the time as it was the closest airport to my home town...Ashland Ky. 

You stay healthy and take care of yourself...have a good tomorrow.

Love Tri-State airport!! Boy are they doing a great job down there. Yeager Airport in Charleston is 4 miles from my home, Yeager Airport is a military drag strip, it never has been and never will be a commercial Airport. Gotta fly out of Southern West Virginia anymore you have to drive to Huntington. When it comes to Yeager Airport my mom summed it up perfectly, "they can cut the tops off 15 more mountains and it will still never be an airport" that's one of several reasons Tri-State is killing it, great little airport.

 

I just woke up wanted to see if Clyde from the Indian tribe in NC ever decided to show up or is he still planning his next cruise with a stay at the Motel 6 in Liberty City pre-cruise. C'mon Clyde wake up I'll keep it simple when it comes to "back to hotels" and  you and Ft. Lauderdale stay WEST of I-95. If I were you I'd stay as far inland as I possibly could. Hope that helps Todd

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

Oh Todd....you're such fun...glad you're back... :classic_biggrin:

He still doesn't know what a hotel is. Poor thing I certainly hope he figures it out.🤭

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

Oh Todd....you're such fun...glad you're back... :classic_biggrin:

BTW when I get up and moving this morning I was wondering if sometime you could tell me about The Baltics sounds AWESOME, I have a genuine interest in this destination. Thanks have a nice day. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Could you rent a RV and park at a Walmart store for one night? 😀

We're looking for one night mid February. Prices are brutal.

Edited by OVgirl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TTEllis said:

BTW when I get up and moving this morning I was wondering if sometime you could tell me about The Baltics sounds AWESOME, I have a genuine interest in this destination. Thanks have a nice day. 

 

Been a long time since we did the Scandinavia/Russia cruise (Aug 2010). But it was just amazing.

We sailed in/out of Harwich Eng (RCI Jewel)....great ports with an over night in St Petersburg. There we did a private 2 day tour (just the two of us) with a guide and driver...used TJ Travels...Just a trip of a lifetime...saw and did more in those two days than we thought possible. We also loved Tallin Estonia...what a surprise as we knew absolutely nothing about this port...what a gem it was.

After this cruise we spent a week in London...wow can't wait to go back.

 

If you have the chance do a Baltic cruise...I'm sure you would enjoy it !!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, OVgirl said:

Could you rent a RV and park at a Walmart store for one night? 😀

We're looking for one night mid February. Prices are brutal.

Not sure there is a Walmart that close to Fort Lauderdale or if they even allow that any longer.

We did go to one we happened to pass a bit of a distance away though as we were driving around ... bad area...no way would I feel comfortable doing this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Been a long time since we did the Scandinavia/Russia cruise (Aug 2010). But it was just amazing.

We sailed in/out of Harwich Eng (RCI Jewel)....great ports with an over night in St Petersburg. There we did a private 2 day tour (just the two of us) with a guide and driver...used TJ Travels...Just a trip of a lifetime...saw and did more in those two days than we thought possible. We also loved Tallin Estonia...what a surprise as we knew absolutely nothing about this port...what a gem it was.

After this cruise we spent a week in London...wow can't wait to go back.

 

If you have the chance do a Baltic cruise...I'm sure you would enjoy it !!!

That's so awesome. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, OVgirl said:

Could you rent a RV and park at a Walmart store for one night? 😀

We're looking for one night mid February. Prices are brutal.

You certainly could tent an RV and park it in a Walmart parking lot for the evening. 

Just make sure you check the .50 caliber mounted belt fed machine gun option on your RV rental. That MIGHT get you out of the parking lot alive at 3am. Prices are brutal.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, OVgirl said:

Could you rent a RV and park at a Walmart store for one night? 😀

We're looking for one night mid February. Prices are brutal.

Check out hotels in Plantation, a nice suburb about 10 miles west of Fort Lauderdale.  There are a number of nice hotels there that usually charge less than the same brand in Fort Lauderdale.  Before the pandemic IIRC the Hampton Inn had transportation from the airport and to the port. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Check out hotels in Plantation, a nice suburb about 10 miles west of Fort Lauderdale.  There are a number of nice hotels there that usually charge less than the same brand in Fort Lauderdale.  Before the pandemic IIRC the Hampton Inn had transportation from the airport and to the port. 

Love Plantation it's nice out there. My old TA back in the day Shipsahoycruises they're office was in Plantation I picked up our boarding passes out there several times, love it out there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TTEllis said:

You certainly could rent an RV and park it in a Walmart parking lot for the evening. 

Just make sure you check the .50 caliber mounted belt fed machine gun option on your RV rental. That MIGHT get you out of the parking lot alive at 3am. Prices are brutal.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

Been a long time since we did the Scandinavia/Russia cruise (Aug 2010). But it was just amazing.

We sailed in/out of Harwich Eng (RCI Jewel)....great ports with an over night in St Petersburg. There we did a private 2 day tour (just the two of us) with a guide and driver...used TJ Travels...Just a trip of a lifetime...saw and did more in those two days than we thought possible. We also loved Tallin Estonia...what a surprise as we knew absolutely nothing about this port...what a gem it was.

After this cruise we spent a week in London...wow can't wait to go back.

 

If you have the chance do a Baltic cruise...I'm sure you would enjoy it !!!

Estonia that's so awesome, a week post in London so nice. I need to try and take a responsible cruise like that, instead of going to a Caribbean or Central American Beach all the time. I need to try and get past that a Russian cruise would do it. 

Thank you

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Estonia that's so awesome, a week post in London so nice. I need to try and take a responsible cruise like that, instead of going to a Caribbean or Central American Beach all the time. I need to try and get past that a Russian cruise would do it. 

Thank you

Another of our favorites was Asia...Singapore-Shanghai...We enjoyed Shanghai so much we've done land trips there several times....very interesting...something to consider. Get out there Todd and enjoy the world !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Ashland said:

Another of our favorites was Asia...Singapore-Shanghai...We enjoyed Shanghai so much we've done land trips there several times....very interesting...something to consider. Get out there Todd and enjoy the world !!

In Dec. 2018, we had a lady who sat with us at dinner on the  Caribbean Princess nice lady, smart and you could tell it. She told me I had to see the museum in Shanghai before I did anything else. 

She said it would give me an idea of Chinese culture, was very impressive and I needed to see it, she looked right at me seriously. 

In other words it's going to completely freak me out, I love Asians traveled with a million of them they're a different kind of funny and a completely different kind of BIG. Singapore-Shanghai NUTS, BEYOND my realm of awesomeness but I can handle it, always do.😉

Your pointing me in the direction I need to be going I have to break Ft. Lauderdale and the Caribbean. I can do that. Thank you

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Ashland said:

Another of our favorites was Asia...Singapore-Shanghai...We enjoyed Shanghai so much we've done land trips there several times....very interesting...something to consider. Get out there Todd and enjoy the world !!

BTW no hurry but when you get a moment could you please give me an idea on how to start planning a "land trip" this would without a doubt be a place I could stay for a period of time.

Shanghai addicting? Looks like it that place ROCKS!! Best bars IN THE WORLD??

Looks like it. I'll check into it. Can't do 1 day in Shanghai it would piss me off, that's a place and this is very rare where I would stay outside the US for a long period of time, especially me. I would not only stay here I'm sure I would have difficulty in leaving. Thank you have a nice evening. Todd

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TTEllis said:

BTW no hurry but when you get a moment could you please give me an idea on how to start planning a "land trip" this would without a doubt be a place I could stay for a period of time.

Shanghai addicting? Looks like it that place ROCKS!! Best bars IN THE WORLD??

Looks like it. I'll check into it. Can't do 1 day in Shanghai it would piss me off, that's a place and this is very rare where I would stay outside the US for a long period of time, especially me. I would not only stay here I'm sure I would have difficulty in leaving. Thank you have a nice evening. Todd

 

We did our first land trip with Affordable Asia (a local company that had great reviews...they gave a first class tour)...Beijing, Xi'an & Shanghai then added a few days post tour days on our own...gave us a great overview and comfort level in China....Then another trip we ended a cruise in Shanghai and stayed a few days.

Since then DH and I have gone back to Shanghai 3 times for about a week. Then end of 2018 I took my adult daughter there for a week of shopping...fun girls trip. Shanghai is amazing...can't wait until we feel comfortable to go back again.

 

And yes...we've been to the museum there a couple of times. China is actually an easy country to visit. Don't put it off...travel when you can...life's too short. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/20/2021 at 11:28 AM, NCTribeFan said:

Right.  So, back to hotels.

 

I'm looking for something 11/13 and am rather surprised at the high prices.  Hyatt Place says it's sold out.  Posted question in the other thread whether Value Trips would have rooms.

 

HIE is $287!  Not sure what's going on that weekend.  I've stayed in mid-November before and prices were half that.  Or less.

 

I see I could book a new Avid Hotel, Dania Beach for $125.  It doesn't open until late September.  Looks interesting.  I have no need for frills. Just want somewhere to spend the night that's clean and secure.  Currently have my flight booked for the morning of the 14th (nonstop and gets in to FLL at 9:30; I've done this before, even with needing to shuttle to POM).

 

I'm trying to decide if I should fly in the day before.  Yes, I know all the arguments and often do that.  Just want to see what other options I may have.

Hey Geronimo whats up? We still not make it out of bed yet? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2021 at 1:01 PM, OVgirl said:

Could you rent a RV and park at a Walmart store for one night? 😀

We're looking for one night mid February. Prices are brutal.

Not anywhere in South Florida.  I think the closest overnight Walmart parking is in Orlando.

 

Aside from the safety issue, it isn't a thing here.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BlueHerons said:

Not anywhere in South Florida.  I think the closest overnight Walmart parking is in Orlando.

 

Aside from the safety issue, it isn't a thing here.

"it isn't a thing here" staying overnight in the Walmart parking lot?? Pre-cruise?? 

I've never heard of such a thing and don't want to. Sounds scary too me and that's just for starters. Somebody needs to come up with Plan C, STAY IN A F☆☆☆☆☆G HOTEL.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

My question regarding sleeping in an RV at a Wal-Mart parking lot was a bit tongue in cheek. However,  after reading all the responses I'm glad to report that up here in the great white north,  you'd feel perfectly safe to do that with your whole family at the local Wal-Mart. 

Personally can't imagine having those feelings of insecurity that some of you are sharing.

 

ps. I have booked a hotel and will watch for price drops. Thank you.

Edited by OVgirl
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...