Interesting article on Larry Pimentel

I don't think this has been posted elsewhere.  Although it was from over a week ago, I hadn't read it.   Even though Larry is no longer with Azamara, I found it quite interesting and thought some of you might also:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/tpg-lifetime-achievement-award-2020-larry-pimentel/

Happy, Healthy 2021 to all.

Good article about Larry.  Can't believe he has retired permanently – this is hopefully just a 'pivot' until he finds a good opportunity for his next innovative role as the cruise industry comes out of this crisis.

Note that the article also contains a quote from Edie Rodriguez – the first I have heard of her since she left Crystal to become the Americas Brand Chairman and Corporate Special Advisor for Ponant Cruises.  She has had an amazingly low profile for someone with that job title...

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Good article about Larry.  Can't believe he has retired permanently – this is hopefully just a 'pivot' until he finds a good opportunity for his next innovative role as the cruise industry comes out of this crisis.

Note that the article also contains a quote from Edie Rodriguez – the first I have heard of her since she left Crystal to become the Americas Brand Chairman and Corporate Special Advisor for Ponant Cruises.  She has had an amazingly low profile for someone with that job title...

Edie Bornstein as was  beat a very hasty retreat from Azamara. It was like she was there and then suddenly was gone. 

Phil 

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Edie Bornstein as was  beat a very hasty retreat from Azamara. It was like she was there and then suddenly was gone. 

Phil 

Folks on Crystal don't feel her retreat was hasty enough from that job.  But I don't think I can blame my problems with Ponant on her – she has been quite invisible since 2017.

I always saw her as style and look (decorative) over substance. I may be unfair but I will never forget an overnight excursion to Jerusalem we were on from Journey that she attended with a photographer for brochure shots and she had come for the two days around Nazareth, Bethlehem, Galilee, River Jordan and Jerusalem in three inch expensive heels and had no sensible shoes with her . Hardly the savvy one on that trip, more an absolute nuisance as we had to wait for her, help her over cobblestones or get out of her shots etc

It looks like a wise career move to me.  If  cruise lines can't or don't want to pay their executives, why not take some time off and relax in Key Biscayne?  The huge financial loses that the cruise lines are experiencing will change the industry for a long time and most of these changes can't be controlled by the current group of executives.  Who wants to be on a sinking ship?   It looks like a clever move to me to sit on the side lines while the industry sorts out the survivors and not be associated with all of of the damage to the cruise lines.  Once the survivors have emerged, Larry can join one of the survivors and rebuild the cruise industry.

Good Luck Larry.