If I "Lift and Shift" a March 2021 cruise to March 2020 can I cancel later without penalty and receive FCC?

4minimark

I did a lift and shift from April 2021 to April 2022. This cruise was on Odyssey of the Seas, and the cruise was cancelled by Royal. I thought I still could cancel the 2022 cruise, although I have no plans to do so at this time, under the CWC. I’m confused!

5 minutes ago, loug1601 said:

I did a lift and shift from April 2021 to April 2022. This cruise was on Odyssey of the Seas, and the cruise was cancelled by Royal. I thought I still could cancel the 2022 cruise, although I have no plans to do so at this time, under the CWC. I’m confused!

I have been thinking of shifting my April 2021 cruise on Oasis to April 2022. If that cruise will not be covered by CWC I may just cancel before final payment as I, too, am confused.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, loug1601 said:

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have been thinking of shifting my April 2021 cruise on Oasis to April 2022. If that cruise will not be covered by CWC I may just cancel before final payment as I, too, am confused.

Me three.  If that is the case the website should state under L&S that once a booking is shifted it no longer qualifies for CWC. Most people don't have access to the FAQ that Ken posted

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all for the discussion - I didn't realize it was that complicated :).  I will most likely let Royal cancel and get the 125% FCC and book a new cruise so I can have the CWC coverage (assuming I can book sometime in January).

UPDATE:

The CWC still applies to bookings that have been L&S'd.

So you can cancel a booking that has been Lifted and shifted and you will get either a refund or a FCC depending on the type of booking you had or whether it was in a penalty phase.

The wording in the FAQ's is there to stop someone who did a L&S after they made final payment and then trying to get a refund when they cancel the new booking.  In that case they would get a FCC as they are allowed under the CWC.

My head right now...

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Just now, Saab4444 said:

I lift and shifted from Feb 20 to Feb 21 some months ago and now decided to cancel the Feb 21 cruise. Will receice an FCC for the full non-refundable deposit I paid.

Sorry, shifted Feb 21 to Feb 22 and canceled Feb 22 of course....

2 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

I lift and shifted from Feb 20 to Feb 21 some months ago and now decided to cancel the Feb 21 cruise. Will receice an FCC for the full non-refundable deposit I paid.

How did you L&S a Feb 2020 cruise as the lift and shift did not start until May 2020.

I posted at the same time as you posted the correction. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

4 minutes ago, wikoffclan said:

My Empress cruise 4/2021 was cancelled since they sold the ship. No offer of L & S, only FCC or refund. Any ideas why? Very disappointed as the cost to cruise single is significantly higher for comparable cruises.

I am pretty sure that you can't L&S a cancelled cruise. You have to do it before it is cancelled.

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I am pretty sure that you can't L&S a cancelled cruise. You have to do it before it is cancelled.

O. Guess my pie-in-the-sky hopes that Empress would survive left me on the short end. Oh well. Thank you for the info 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wikoffclan said:

My Empress cruise 4/2021 was cancelled since they sold the ship. No offer of L & S, only FCC or refund. Any ideas why? Very disappointed as the cost to cruise single is significantly higher for comparable cruises.

My guess is that the average price paid on the Empress and Majesty was so low they didn’t want everyone shifting all those cheap bookings to higher priced ships. 

• Like 2