Jump to content

Final payment due early January


Recommended Posts

Had a message today from our TA reminding us that final payment on our Journey B2B from April 17 2021 is due.

Not sure what to do.  We may well have had vaccinations by then, but of course there is no way of knowing about the situation in France and Italy and whether cruise ships will be welcome.

Havent booked any flights - started to do that about 3 weeks ago but then we heard about the 'new variant'.   

We really want to be on Azamara on 2021 so may well bite the bullet and pay for the cruises in the knowledge that we could postpone.

Would it be wise to book flights with Azamara, despite their flight time offerings being poor ( late flight home meaning long departure day in Rome)?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would not be risking flights other than with Azamara as if anything goes wrong it is their problem. If you try easyjet for flights and cruise is cancelled but easyjet fly you will still have to take flights and reverse equally true 

I am not booking anything until the first cruise actually sets sail and return s without covid

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pam I just had a thought.....could you not get a flight from Gatwick? There is a flight from Gatwick on the day back at 13:00, getting in at 14:45. It’s an Azamara flight with transfers. Only 45 mins extra from Heathrow and not a very long wait at the airport.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Had a message today from our TA reminding us that final payment on our Journey B2B from April 17 2021 is due.

Not sure what to do.  We may well have had vaccinations by then, but of course there is no way of knowing about the situation in France and Italy and whether cruise ships will be welcome.

Havent booked any flights - started to do that about 3 weeks ago but then we heard about the 'new variant'.   

We really want to be on Azamara on 2021 so may well bite the bullet and pay for the cruises in the knowledge that we could postpone.

 

My opinion, and it is only an opinion....there is not a chance this cruise will go ahead....sorry, but I honestly believe that to be the case! 😟

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Even I, the eternal optimist, wouldn't expect Azamara to start in April.  Our April 15 Windstar cruise was cancelled on December 11 [actually they cancelled all cruises through the end of April and some in May].

Absolutely off topic but, by accident, I noticed and read your blog for your 2019 MSC Seaview Yacht Club cruise. Very well written, and sums up precisely our opinion re Yacht Club. The interest for me was that we have a Seaview Yacht Club booked for November 2021, fingers crossed!! 🤞

 

Thanks.

Edited by hamrag
Link to post
Share on other sites

Our Western Med Cruise is set for May 29th...still hoping for the best. I believe these vaccinations will pick up their pace substantially in the new year.

 

That being said, I believe our full payment is due late January. I’ve got some time but still trying to figure out the pros/cons of making full payment and booking flights, with all the new policies.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I pay for our cruises and Azamara cancel I believe we will be offered Future Cruise Certificates - but I recall there was some consternation on this board that the 125% value did not actually materialise ?  Does anybody recall the problems ?

I am minded to pay for the cruises since I know we will want to sail Azamara again.  Issue is the price on later 2021 and 2022 cruises seem exceptionally high so probably not good value.

If I book flights for the April cruises with BA they will offer vouchers if we choose not to fly. I am sure we would be able to find somewhere to fly to for the bargain return price for two of us of £360.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not get the 125% yet though we have an issue The agent won’t show us the certificates but the amount they are saying is less in some than the amount Azamara said we had. 
I think it all depends on your agency you are using are they trustworthy?

I think Azamara were honouring their side of bargain albeit it takes time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrs Miggins said:

If I pay for our cruises and Azamara cancel I believe we will be offered Future Cruise Certificates - but I recall there was some consternation on this board that the 125% value did not actually materialise ?  Does anybody recall the problems ?

I am minded to pay for the cruises since I know we will want to sail Azamara again.  Issue is the price on later 2021 and 2022 cruises seem exceptionally high so probably not good value.

If I book flights for the April cruises with BA they will offer vouchers if we choose not to fly. I am sure we would be able to find somewhere to fly to for the bargain return price for two of us of £360.

I have received my 125% fcc for a cancelled cruise I paid in full and one for which I had paid a deposit. But it did take awhile. And yes, future cruises seem really pricey.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The conversation has focused on the 125% FCC. However, I imagine similar compensation options that exist today for cruises cancelled by Azamara will be offered for future cruises cancelled by Azamara: 125% FCC, Lift and Shift to same cruise one year out (plus or minus 4 weeks), or 100% refund.

If you don't think the cruise will happen as scheduled, you just need to decide who you want to hold your money - you or Azamara.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, So Cal John said:

If you don't think the cruise will happen as scheduled, you just need to decide who you want to hold your money - you or Azamara.

Until cruising resumes and you understand all of the restrictions from the cruise lines and the ports that you plan to visit, this seems like a very easy decision.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends...this turmoil can be an opportunity to lock in better than average cruise prices now. 

 

Plus, if there is a cruise in 2021 for a destination I like, I want to be on it. Somewhat tempted to lock in another for 2022, while things are more affordable. I do think there will be pent-up demand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Decision has been influenced by the likely vaccination timetable in the UK.  Whilst we are sure we will get our first dose in the relatively near future the second dose may well be 12 weeks later so very close to our proposed embarkation.  The other uncertainties are of course the likely restrictions if we are allowed to get off in France and Italy.

So my question its now:  Can I move my current deposit to a cruise later in 2021 or indeed 2022.  There does not seem to be any similar France Intensive followed by Italy Intensive itineraries ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a very wise decision.  I think given the current developments start up as planned is highly unlikely.  Hope the lift and shift goes to plan! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BuckGood said:

2021

Afraid to say with the current situation in the U.K. there’s absolutely no chance of a restart by then, hopefully we will see an improvement but the third quarter 2021 might be more realistic.

We have a cruise booked for September and whilst hopeful we’re not overly optimistic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked for May 22 and our final payment is due 4 months ahead of that - which means late January.

As things look now in the UK (where the ships are now)  and in Italy and the Adriatic  (where they are supposed to sail) I doubt if the cruise will indeed happen.. at least not as planned.

So we are moving our deposit to a later date in 2021. 

If an unexpected miracle happens before May - then great.  We'll try to move it back again.. 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I am thinking of booking a cruise embarking on 11/2/21. But if cruises don’t start up until the 3rd quarter, will all of the itineraries be affected?

Almost certainly, in that scenario, they would be.

Edited by hamrag
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hamrag said:

Almost certainly, in that scenario, they would be.

Yikes. Really hard to know what to do. Even if they resume sailing in say, September, who knows where they’ll be going.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Yikes. Really hard to know what to do. Even if they resume sailing in say, September, who knows where they’ll be going.

Or what the on board experience will be like.

Just too many unknowns for us to consider booking a cruise at the moment, however tempted we may be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, royallondon said:

Or what the on board experience will be like.

Just too many unknowns for us to consider booking a cruise at the moment, however tempted we may be.

Absolutely. To be honest, whilst I am missing my cruises very much I have no desire to spend my money until I know what it will be like onboard post covid and hear from people who have done it. 

 

Phil 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...