Should I think about canceling my cruise?

Frenchkona

4 minutes ago, laslomas said:

I am wondering about the possibility of any of the Silhouette European cruises for 2021 happening. So far there is no scheduled Transatlantic crossing to Europe to enable European cruises to happen. But there is a return crossing back to Fort Lauderdale from Southampton in November, so Celebrity need to sort out getting the ship there in the first place. 

Celebrity can simply either sail without passengers for a TA.  The issues with any of the 2021 cruises are:

#1 will they be cancelled

#2 will the port calls happen

#3 Will port calls be restricted to Celebrity tours

#4 are you willing to accept any likely on board changes

#5 are you willing to be vaccinated.  Not because of Celebrity but rather because countries or ports are likely to require vaccination.

#6 most important is if the possibility your cruise will not happen - CANCEL. Not worth the stress

38 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Celebrity can simply either sail without passengers for a TA.  The issues with any of the 2021 cruises are:

#1 will they be cancelled

#2 will the port calls happen

#3 Will port calls be restricted to Celebrity tours

#4 are you willing to accept any likely on board changes

#5 are you willing to be vaccinated.  Not because of Celebrity but rather because countries or ports are likely to require vaccination.

#6 most important is if the possibility your cruise will not happen - CANCEL. Not worth the stress

While I am very uncertain as to if my Aug 28, 2021 Med will sail, I am thinking it will not.  I just cannot bring myself to cancel it, I have until late May to make that decision and a lot can happen (both ways) between now and then.  Besides, it gives me something positive to potentially look forward to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

While I am very uncertain as to if my Aug 28, 2021 Med will sail, I am thinking it will not.  I just cannot bring myself to cancel it, I have until late May to make that decision and a lot can happen (both ways) between now and then.  Besides, it gives me something positive to potentially look forward to.

Glad you look at the possibility your cruise will sail as positive.  For others the same situation creates stress. Not worth adding to one's stress level today in my opinion

Has there been any official word about X plans in the near term ?

Any hints from Caps and staff who post on social media.

This might help folks plan better  even if there are no certainties.

I'm in the same "boat" so to speak.  Booked for May 4th Adriatic cruise, My husband & I will both be fully vaccinated w/cards well in advance & neither of us has a problem wearing masks...  my only problem would be if we weren't allowed off on our own...  if that turns out to be the case, we would do a land based trip instead...  from what I understand the EU has enough shots to vaccinate everyone there & so things should be more stable by then.   Tough decisions...  I really wish they would extend final payment dates :)

I have Galapagos booked for the end of June, with 11 nights on Flora.  Right now I give it a 50/50 chance.  However, I will cancel it before the 90 days and be a little upset, but understanding that I have no control over what is happening.  My vaccine should be this month because I am an essential worker, but I would not wager a bet on it.  Next cruises are in October, b2b/TA to FLL. Then, April 17, TP from Sydney etc and I feel pretty confident about that one, along with those that follow.  Furthermore,  I would also like them to extend final payment dates, but understand that is not a possibility at this point in time.

Edited by Lastdance

Another thing to consider that a lot of people would prefer to ignore; you can watch youtube videos of the few active ongoing sailings.  RCL in Singapore and MSC in Italy; you're going to hear random employees scream "put on (or pull up) your mask!" and/or "for social distancing purposes please stand six feet/1.5 meters apart" constantly.  Not for yourself but to the random stranger(s) behind you.

On 1/2/2021 at 2:00 PM, Ashland said:

I assume X cancelled your cruise....and you had made your final payment...so what you're saying is the entire amount was refunded...right?

What I'm concerned about is making final payment and then the cruise sails with so many changes/restrictions that I wouldn't want to actually go. Then what?

The amount Was $400 NRD deposit that was the total as i said well done Celebrity Aussie

On 1/2/2021 at 6:27 PM, Lastdance said:

I have Galapagos booked for the end of June, with 11 nights on Flora.  Right now I give it a 50/50 chance.  However, I will cancel it before the 90 days and be a little upset, but understanding that I have no control over what is happening.  My vaccine should be this month because I am an essential worker, but I would not wager a bet on it.  Next cruises are in October, b2b/TA to FLL. Then, April 17, TP from Sydney etc and I feel pretty confident about that one, along with those that follow.  Furthermore,  I would also like them to extend final payment dates, but understand that is not a possibility at this point in time.

I think, under the circumstances, all cruise lines should allow people to cancel 30 days out and get back 100%.  At least until things are back to semi-normal.

• Like 1

We are on the same Baltic sailing as OP slated to leave right before you for 14 nights on July 4th. As others have stated, its too early to really get a gauge on what the conditions will be in several months. Those who are saying to cancel are jumping the gun and there is no harm in waiting until final payment to re-assess. Maybe things will have turned greatly for the better and maybe they wont, just don't stress too much and re-evaluate in a few months. That is what we are going to do. We are hopeful we will sail on July 4th and if not, we will look at options for 2022. Lift and shift rules will need to be relaxed though as there are not any comparable sailings in 2022. Most Baltic in 2022 move to Edge class instead of S and are only 12 nights instead of 14

2 hours ago, XuGator said:

Most Baltic in 2022 move to Edge class instead of S and are only 12 nights instead of 14

And are significantly more expensive!   Don't look for L&S to be extended.  It's a great program but I think it's been too good for the customer and not good for the company.