Jump to content

When did EZ Air become available to you?


Recommended Posts

We are booked on the Island Princess transatlantic November 28, 2021. The cruise personalizer says EZ Air will be available “approximately 330 days from your sail date.” Today is 330 days out. Just wondering how “approximate.” I realize past performance is no guarantee of the future but I am a compulsive planner. Also, if anyone wants to give me a hint what their air fare was from DFW to Rome and FLL to DFW. Thanks! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Princess website says approximately 310 days.  It's usually available 320 to 330 days before the END date of your cruise.  Something you can do is check an airline website to see if you can book flights for your cruise.  If you can, it should be a matter of days before you can book EZAir through Princess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, texasgirl29 said:

We are booked on the Island Princess transatlantic November 28, 2021. The cruise personalizer says EZ Air will be available “approximately 330 days from your sail date.” Today is 330 days out. Just wondering how “approximate.” I realize past performance is no guarantee of the future but I am a compulsive planner. Also, if anyone wants to give me a hint what their air fare was from DFW to Rome and FLL to DFW. Thanks! 

Learn about the benefits of Princess EZair

Flights are not yet available for your voyage. Please check back when flights become available approximately 330 days in advance of your cruise/cruisetour end date.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am on the 14 Nov and 28 Nov  Island Princess cruise.  I have been trying to book my flight to Rome on the 11th Nov 2021 since around day 330.  I finally broke down and called Princess after the 320th day out passed and it still didn't give the option for booking EZair flights.  I did call twice as I was sort of doubting the first response but was told by the second CSR that air would be available on 10 Jan.  She said that this was an airline decision.  So I will be checking on the 10th to see if I can book my air. I will hopefully be going Birmingham/Atlanta/Rome using Delta.  I was booked on this same cruise for 2020 and  I had a very good price to Rome and somehow got a flight from FLL to BHM for around $79.  Normally, I get better fares using Southwest when flying to/from FLL.

 

This has been the first time (for me)  that EZair flights haven't been available around the 330th day out.  

Edited by coo359a2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Absolutely anything can be canceled at this point.  It’s not in the airlines best interest to promise a flight that may possibly not actually fly. The pandemic is worldwide and there are no guarantees about anything going anywhere at this time.  I’d hold off booking anything until there was assurance that it would happen. I’m not at surprised that it’s not business as usual with times and dates for booking atm 

Edited by tanyaewa
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, texasgirl29 said:

We are booked on the Island Princess transatlantic November 28, 2021. The cruise personalizer says EZ Air will be available “approximately 330 days from your sail date.” Today is 330 days out. Just wondering how “approximate.” I realize past performance is no guarantee of the future but I am a compulsive planner. Also, if anyone wants to give me a hint what their air fare was from DFW to Rome and FLL to DFW. Thanks! 

Well the 10 Jan date that Princess gave as the opening date to book our 11 Nov flight wasn't exactly correct.  Our flight is now open for booking.  We know that flight info will change many times before 11 Nov but at least have a booking for now with a price we like.  Will be flying out of Baltimore instead of Birmingham so we can spend a few days  our son.  Will decide before final payment if we do the cruise based on cruise protocols and if European ports are open by August.

 

It's not the dates you will use but I did a quick search using 11 Nov for  DFW to FCO.    United  with 1 stop was $362 and American Airlines with 1 stop was $635.  Couldn't get the info for FLL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

5 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Well the 10 Jan date that Princess gave as the opening date to book our 11 Nov flight wasn't exactly correct.  Our flight is now open for booking.  We know that flight info will change many times before 11 Nov but at least have a booking for now with a price we like.  Will be flying out of Baltimore instead of Birmingham so we can spend a few days  our son.  Will decide before final payment if we do the cruise based on cruise protocols and if European ports are open by August.

 

It's not the dates you will use but I did a quick search using 11 Nov for  DFW to FCO.    United  with 1 stop was $362 and American Airlines with 1 stop was $635.  Couldn't get the info for FLL.

Thank you, that’s hugely helpful. I’ll check again in another couple of weeks. 

Edited by texasgirl29
Link to post
Share on other sites

Normal times around 300 days before the end of your cruise. These times big question mark. Airlines and their schedules are struggling. Once booked check frequently airlines and schedules could and probably will change, maybe more than once. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Our flight is now open for booking. 

We are on the same cruise and I just looked and it says that flights are not available yet.    I have not been able to book any of our flights.    I have an Alaskan cruise in June and booked flights many months ago.  I always keep looking for better deals but a month after I booked it, it said "no flights available".  I did rebook the cruise for 2022 since everyone keeps saying 2021 Alaskan will not happen. 

 

It seems like no flights are available yet for any of our cruises.    

 

As with everything, so frustrating!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, compozer said:

We are on the same cruise and I just looked and it says that flights are not available yet.    I have not been able to book any of our flights.    I have an Alaskan cruise in June and booked flights many months ago.  I always keep looking for better deals but a month after I booked it, it said "no flights available".  I did rebook the cruise for 2022 since everyone keeps saying 2021 Alaskan will not happen. 

 

It seems like no flights are available yet for any of our cruises.    

 

As with everything, so frustrating!!!!!

Have you booked the Island Princess Nov cruise as one 28 day cruise or two 14 day cruises?  I have mine booked as two 14 day cruises..  When the 28 Nov cruise showed "330 days until your cruise", I checked  the 14 Nov cruise to see if flights were available.  They were so I went ahead and  booked our flight to Rome.  Just guessing but if you are booked as a 28 day cruise, you might have at least 13 more days to wait until the round trip flights possibly open for booking.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2021 at 9:49 AM, texasgirl29 said:

Also, if anyone wants to give me a hint what their air fare was from DFW to Rome and FLL to DFW. Thanks! 

I don’t know about your route but by periodically checking had airfares that are much better than booking through airlines or other sources.

 

Once from LAX to London airfare when booked about 330 days in advance was $576 but by checking for lower prices we easily got it reduced to $241 with better flights. It’s been my experience that international flights from the US are much cheaper & Flexible airfares (usually the cheapest) can be changed or canceled until 45 days in advance without fees. We used FF miles that were expiring for our LAX/FCO flight in October 2019 but checking Flexible EZAir could have purchased the same flight for under $200.

 

For domestic US flights we’ve been able to find better rates elsewhere or will use airline miles we get from getting their chargecard. It’s not required to make a roundtrip reservation to use EZAir.

Edited by Astro Flyer
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that you can usually find cheaper deals directly from the airlines.   But with so many of my cruises being canceled, I prefer to stay EZ Air.    I have enough tour deposits and resort costs still being held.  I love the fact that I don't have to pay 330 days out and I can make as many changes as I want.      My husband hates traveling anymore so I book business class and I have not found any deals with the airlines.   Sometimes I can grab a good first class on domestic but not often.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, compozer said:

I agree that you can usually find cheaper deals directly from the airlines.   But with so many of my cruises being canceled, I prefer to stay EZ Air.    I have enough tour deposits and resort costs still being held.  I love the fact that I don't have to pay 330 days out and I can make as many changes as I want.      My husband hates traveling anymore so I book business class and I have not found any deals with the airlines.   Sometimes I can grab a good first class on domestic but not often.

Good thing for EZair and changes at any time.  Already made my 1st change to increase my layover time in Atlanta.  We prefer Delta schedules and planes and we  can go nonstop to Europe out of Atlanta.  Delta sent an email saying our flight would be a Covid Tested Flight and needed a minimum check in time of 3 hours in Atlanta to go through verifying your Covid test (you pay), antigen testing at the airport (Delta pays) and then again  when you land in Rome. Wonder if United/American will have the same requirements.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...