Is Enchantment of the Seas similar to Grandeur of the Seas

Since they sold Empress (my preferred RCL ship) and I have FCC that I need to use was thinking of booking an inside cabin on Enchantment of the Seas.  I have been on Grandeur and thought it was OK. I do not like the huge ships.

Also, wanted to sail out of a Northeast port (so I can drive to the port) and this limits me to Enchantment.

16 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Since they sold Empress (my preferred RCL ship) and I have FCC that I need to use was thinking of booking an inside cabin on Enchantment of the Seas.  I have been on Grandeur and thought it was OK. I do not like the huge ships.

Also, wanted to sail out of a Northeast port (so I can drive to the port) and this limits me to Enchantment.

It’s basically the same except for the 100’ section they added to the middle when the cut her in half in 2005.

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It’s basically the same except for the 100’ section they added to the middle when the cut her in half in 2005.

More restaurants on Grandeur 😉

Better pool deck and Boleros on Enchantment 

Enchantment is a party ship😁

I'm also told WJ and main theater feel much more crowded on Enchantment. And elevator lines are worse

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

More restaurants on Grandeur 😉

Better pool deck and Boleros on Enchantment 

I'm also told WJ and main theater feel much more crowded on Enchantment. And elevator lines are worse

It wasn’t much of a party ship when it was in Galveston. We are big Boleros fans and that one had to be most disappointing to date. It had very little atmosphere. Karaoke every night instead of in the small theatre.

I can’t compare with Grandeur but we have done Vision and Rhapsody and were disappointed in Enchantment in so many ways. In general we also prefer smaller ships. I enjoyed our two week sailing on Empress although my husband felt it was too small.

HOWEVER, if John says Enchantment is a party ship  maybe it depends where it is sailing from and the crew at any given time?

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

It wasn’t much of a party ship when it was in Galveston. We are big Boleros fans and that one had to be most disappointing to date. It had very little atmosphere. Karaoke every night instead of in the small theatre.

I can’t compare with Grandeur but we have done Vision and Rhapsody and were disappointed in Enchantment in so many ways. In general we also prefer smaller ships. I enjoyed our two week sailing on Empress although my husband felt it was too small.

HOWEVER, if John says Enchantment is a party ship  maybe it depends where it is sailing from and the crew at any given time?

3 night trips out of PC

Good times

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Even when we sailed on Enchantment from Port Canaveral on a 4 night Bahamas cruise over the 4th of July week, she was blissfully low key and sedate, at least compared to the other short Bahamas cruises that we’ve taken from Florida ports which tend to be a nonstop, raucous drunken fest. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Even when we sailed on Enchantment from Port Canaveral on a 4 night Bahamas cruise over the 4th of July week, she was blissfully low key and sedate, at least compared to the other short Bahamas cruises that we’ve taken from Florida ports which tend to be a nonstop, raucous drunken fest. 

4 and 3 are very different 

Plus 4th July is pricey, party crowd can't afford that and the drink pkg

Edited by John&LaLa
56 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

3 night trips out of PC

Good times

In Nassau the party inside and on the pool deck made the whale tail next to us look pretty dull.  The 3 night weekend cruises are probably why.  I imagine they'll tame it down for longer cruises out of Baltimore but who knows?

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

Not a party ship when we've sailed on her out of Baltimore!

Nice ship.

Bungee trampoline is fun!

Was she stretched then?

Two big drawbacks of the Enchanment are at times its hard to find a seat in the Windjammer  especially  during embarkment day . Also the theater  gets very  crowded and hard to find seats  for the show. We have shown up sometimes  30/45 - minutes before the show to get seats  together. This was the result of her being stretched and they did not add capacity to these areas. But really no big deal as you learn to adjust.

We were on Enchantment last January and it was fairly nice on the inside but a total rust bucket on the outside. Our aft corner balcony was literally flaking away with rust. Otherwise, the crew was great and we had a good time. 

Cruised out of Baltimore several times on the Enchantment. Everything Tony O mentioned above is true. We did not think it was a party ship at all.  The clientele is older not much partying going on. We still enjoyed the ship, but must admit, prefer the Grandeur, but we will adjust also.

The RC ships in Baltimore have a loyal following. For us, the port not even  30 minutes away. 

22 hours ago, retiredgram said:

Cruised out of Baltimore several times on the Enchantment. Everything Tony O mentioned above is true. We did not think it was a party ship at all.  The clientele is older not much partying going on. We still enjoyed the ship, but must admit, prefer the Grandeur, but we will adjust also.

The RC ships in Baltimore have a loyal following. For us, the port not even  30 minutes away. 

Partying on a twelve-day from Baltimore??? I've done about 10. I'm 71 and feel I'm in the younger demographic on those cruises. If by party, one means placing a feather by the nostrils of a body that has not moved all day on a lounger in the Solarium or comfy chair in the Centrum just to be sure, than an RCI sailing from Baltimore is as wild as it gets. And I sincerely miss them badly.

Not a party ship when I sailed her out of Baltimore.  Windjammer not an issue for me as I prefer the dining room for meals.  I do hope Royal will add at least a Giovannis to her when she comes back to Baltimore.  I agree that the pool deck is nice - one of the reasons I was told she was sent south -- pool deck was a better fit for a warmer climate.  But right now I will take any ship that sails!!  Katherine

Someone over on the Blog posted that there are some cruises (2, to be exact) for Grandeur leaving out of Barbados in Jan and Feb 22.  I clicked on the links and I just get error messages.  Interesting though...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Someone over on the Blog posted that there are some cruises (2, to be exact) for Grandeur leaving out of Barbados in Jan and Feb 22.  I clicked on the links and I just get error messages.  Interesting though...

There are. No pricing though but here are the itineraries.

Jan 9 14 day Southern

560459BA-2410-450C-A37A-C25C5C808FCC.jpeg

55283859-CC69-4C2E-99B1-8C8F9F0E7ECB.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach