So the cruise ship formerly known as the Grand Celebration is now known as the Grand. A sad ending to a wonderful career. It was my sister’s favorite ship. My sister passed away from Cancer in March so I’m glad she wasn’t around to see her go.  All good things must come to end on this earth. 

On 1/4/2021 at 8:21 AM, pinkie60 said:

So the cruise ship formerly known as the Grand Celebration is now known as the Grand. A sad ending to a wonderful career. It was my sister’s favorite ship. My sister passed away from Cancer in March so I’m glad she wasn’t around to see her go.  All good things must come to end on this earth. 

It's not uncommon for a ship's last name to be changed, i.e. shortened as this has been done, as the ship sails to the breakers.

May I offer my sympathy to you for the loss of your sister and I understand your statement about being glad that she was not around to witness what happened to the vessel.  I feel the same for friends and relatives that have passed and have not had to endure what we have had to endure this past, and continuing, year.