Easy Package not available to book online

awhcruiser

We are new to MSC and booked on Armonia for October.  While looking at our booking today I noticed all the other drink packages besides Easy are available for purchase.  Will I be able to buy it onboard the ship?  

I also looked the other day and the Easy package has vanished from my options.  It was there about 10 days ago.  Hope this doesn't mean they're bumping up the price.  I thought $35/day was extremely reasonable, especially as I'm just fine with the drinks I can get.  On the rare occasions I want something a little more "special" I just pay for it, but that's rare.

There was a suggestion many months ago (everything seems many months ago now 😒) that the 3 current packages were going to be replaced by 2 again. I think it was Brett who received information to this effect and shared. Could this be the beginning of the package changes?

Alternatively, and possibly more likely MSC are just messaging about with the website...

I suggest MSC is having website difficulties. I am not able to access my bookings. In the past I have always been able to add the “basic drink package” online. I am though resisting adding it until closer to cruise so it doesn’t complicate cancellation procedure should our upcoming cruises be cancelled. 

Since I'm booked for a 4+7 in late April, and not knowing whether I can do a B2B even if we can sail, I was just going to hold off until closer to sailing.  Hopefully, I'll be vaccinated, the cruises will be on, I'll be able to do both legs, AND the Easy Package will be available at the usual price!  I don't want much, do I? 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, awhcruiser said:

Thanks for all the replies.  I had no idea MSC was thinking of changing the packages.  I will keep checking my booking.

I researched our upcoming cruises, now showing in my Profile after having been missing, under “adding beverage packages” (not sure of exact wording) the Easy/Basic Beverage Package is not listed either. But searching throughout the MSC website I found it and it appears to be available. So perhaps a call is now necessary to purchase it. It could be MSC is trying to encourage the purchasing of the more expensive drink packages with all this drama that is going on and all the cancelled cruises. Who knows. I sure hope it is still available. Have to complete a payment for April cruise so when I call in to do that I will certainly ask. 

so just booked a cruise with the Aurea experience which includes the Easy Drink Package.  But under my booking online, i see an option to upgrade to the Easy Plus package.  anyone know what that is?  I though the next level up was Premium?

Well, looks like a price increase.

Just checked my two bookings and the Easy package is back, but it's more.  Appears it's now $38/day.  Not a huge deal as it will be $33 more for my 11 nights.  It's still a bargain, imo.

Of course, I'm not expecting to sail in April anyway, so won't purchase it until I know for sure.  Hope they make a decision soon since the final payment for the 7-night segment is due on 1/23.

1 hour ago, NCTribeFan said:

Of course, I'm not expecting to sail in April anyway, so won't purchase it until I know for sure.  Hope they make a decision soon since the final payment for the 7-night segment is due on 1/23.

Well we can still hope for April, right? Such drama in the cruise world. I did make a final payment a couple days ago for our April cruise. I too will wait until closer to cruise date before purchasing Easy Package, makes it easier if cruise cancelled. 

2 hours ago, bstel said:

so just booked a cruise with the Aurea experience which includes the Easy Drink Package.  But under my booking online, i see an option to upgrade to the Easy Plus package.  anyone know what that is?  I though the next level up was Premium?

At present the levels are Easy, Premium and Premium Plus.

Was this one of the package changes you had details of @cruiseguyinorl

I just checked my upcoming cruises and the Easy Package is again available and it is now at $266 per person for a seven night cruise, US website. What I do not understand, and is listed only in the fine print of the Easy Package, is that it says a 15% gratuity will be added. Any ideas - $266 + 15% or + 15% per drink? Or did I not undersatnd what I read? In the past with the Easy Package, as with all others, there was no additional cost once paid for.

19 hours ago, JohnJayJotaJames said:

image.thumb.png.bc1d2f8715e928b49f069a0d38f27e12.png

image.thumb.png.8cbd55e0a122763d2b72c426046c4e95.png

thanks

So for the US market looks like we now have:

Easy ($6/drink limit) for $38pp/day

Easy Plus ($9/drink limit) for $49pp/day

Premium ($15/drink limit) for $69pp/day

so would my math on this be correct to compare to Carnival, prepaid vs buy on ship.

Carnival Cheers ($20/drink limit) at $51.95/day:

Seven day cruise $363.65 + 18% gratuity one time charge of $65.46, for total of $429.11/person

MSC Premium ($15/drink limit) at $69/day

Seven day cruise is $483.00 (but buying pre-cruise there is not 18% charge added), so total of $483/person

Edited by bstel
typo

2 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

As far as I know, MSC's drink packages include the service charge.  Only line I've ever sailed that adds it is NCL.  The others (HAL, Carnival and MSC) have not.  Of course, policies can change at any time.

Carnival adds the 18% when buying the package, so I would assume HAL does too.

so looks like since I have a Aurea package I will stick with the Easy package, since I drink mostly Miller Lite, and once I scope out drinks and such on the ship I can upgrade to the Easy Plus if I think it is worth it.

So my understanding is that the Easy package doesn't work in the Specialty restaurants, but the Premium package does.  So question is, does the Easy Plus work in Specialty restaurants.  Maybe the above screen shots say, but I can't read Spanish.

Edited by bstel
typo