Re-booking with future cruise credit

dmccadden

Hi,

Our cruise was booked for January and was canceled.  I’ve been told that we can’t rebook yet and have to wait until February.  I keep watching the prices go up and can’t book for October yet.

Has anyone else run into this?  It’s the strangest thing I’ve ever heard of.  Thanks for any feedback.

This has caused much frustration.  MSC would like you to go ahead and make a new booking with a new money deposit and then later they will apply the FCC.  This seems to cancel the new booking number and they apply the old booking number to the new cruise with the FCC then applied.

I don't recommend it, but your only other option is to file a dispute with your credit card and hope that money gets settled faster.  At this point I think it is likely the credit card route wouldn't be any faster than MSC and you would forfeit any bonus 25% amount.

Edited by Até

50 minutes ago, dmccadden said:

Hi,

Our cruise was booked for January and was canceled.  I’ve been told that we can’t rebook yet and have to wait until February.  I keep watching the prices go up and can’t book for October yet.

Has anyone else run into this?  It’s the strangest thing I’ve ever heard of.  Thanks for any feedback.

The problem is that the FCC hasn't been issued yet.  If you wanted to put the deposit down, you should be able to apply the FCC when your issued it.  Obviously ask before hand just to make sure. 

I believe that MSC is planning on issuing the FCC's for Jan. cruises at the end of Jan.  Once they issue it, you can use it.