Eurodam Signature Suite on Deck 6

MomC

We have booked cabin 6077 on the Eurodam with the ‘free’ inside cabin right across the hall for Alaska in late August.  I am worried about this midship placement and the life boats.  Will we be unhappy being just one deck above the life boats?  I worry about our sight lines and the sound of life boats being lowered for ports where there is no dock and we have to tender in.

Any advice, observations?

Mom C

We've been on the Eurodam and I don't think you have anything to worry about. For one  you shouldn't have any tendering. Sitka and Icy Strait Point have docks now. Deck 6 is above the lifeboats and the sightlines should be just fine. 

Karen

We sailed on Eurodam early last year, mid ship on deck 6.  You don't see the life boats unless you look down over the railing - no problem with line of sight. There was some (minimal) noise when the life boats were lowered for a tender port, but that is not an issue on the Alaska sailing. I just booked an August Alaska sailing on Eurodam and chose cabin 6074.   I think you chose a good location. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MomC said:

We have booked cabin 6077 on the Eurodam with the ‘free’ inside cabin right across the hall for Alaska in late August.  I am worried about this midship placement and the life boats.  Will we be unhappy being just one deck above the life boats?  I worry about our sight lines and the sound of life boats being lowered for ports where there is no dock and we have to tender in.

Mom C

We've had many deck 6 Signature Suites and have loved every one of them. In fact, we specify deck 6 when booking Signature Suites (they are slightly more expensive than some other decks).

23 hours ago, MomC said:

Mom C

We have stayed in cabin 6064, four cabins forward, Starboard. I think you will see some of the life boats below, but as I recall, you have to look directly below you. They only lower the tenders for a tender port, but honestly, we were out and about by then. I am hoping you find it comfortable and to your liking as we did. The veranda was very comfortable. Have a great cruise.