I’m looking at options to rebook by April 2012 cruise that was cancelled and I have FCC to use so a cash refund is not an option. There is a London round trip in August 2022 that looks interesting. My question is it shows overnight stop in Rouen. I know that Rouen is not a port city so I’m trying to figure out what the actual port city is. 

I appreciate any help. 

I was thinking either Honfleur or Le Harve. I’ve spent a few hours in Honfleur as part of a river cruise but would enjoy spending more time there. My mom is trying to figure out if we could get to Mont Ste. Michele but it appears to be at least 3 hours from Rouen, would be even farther from whichever port city it is. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, nancygp said:

I was on a crystal cruises years back on the Symphony that docked in Rouen.

Nancy

Sorry, my mistake.  Just scroll on by this one!

Edited by d9704011

Rouen really has a cruise terminal that can accommodate small- to medium-sized cruise ships. According to their information, the maximum ship length allowed is 240m. So Crystal Symphony (238m) is probably the largest ship that can sail along the Seine to reach this port.

1 hour ago, nancygp said:

I was on a crystal cruises years back on the Symphony that docked in Rouen.

Nancy

Me too...  It was a lot nicer than docking in Le Harve, which I did on a previous cruise.

Vince

I was several times in Rouen  -it is a great city ! 

The ships are docking  some 2 km away from the center of the town. Usually a shuttle is organised. 

Unfortunately - if you are there on a Sunday and even on a Monday morning  a lot is closed ( like everywhere in France) . 

There are great shops and great restaurants as well but the very best (GILL 2 michelin stars ) unfortunately closed . It seems there is another very good one done by 2 brothers  - chef seems to be a great talent -  Rudolphe one star - it seems reservations must be done weeks in advance and there is only one set menu.  Never was there so far . 

I was there the last time with the ms Europa 2 . 

Navigating  ,the approach to Rouen on the river is also very pleasant .  

Rouen is actually one of my favorite ports. If you get a chance to book a cruise with Rouen as a stop, do it! The town is really cute and is steeped in history. The area near the dock has a mall and some really fun restaurants. The town is about a 20 minute walk, and it has a gorgeous cathedral and lots of little streets to wander. The best part is sailing up the river into and out of port. It takes a few hours, and there are gorgeous chalets and churches and little towns to see. It's beautiful!