Jump to content

promo code ENCOFF


 Share

Recommended Posts

I searched the site before I posted. I also don’t want to bother NCL customer service with a question that stems from my curiosity only. The code wasn’t on any of my other confirmations for the sailing and I’ve never seen it on any other booking confirmation 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, reeinaz said:

I just paid off a cruise and my confirmation has the above code listed in the promo section. Does anyone know what this means?


Just a guess, but I would think the OFF part means offer.  Is your reservation on the Encore?  If so, I say it’s related to that.  Could just be a promo code that causes a “Welcome Aboard the Encore” gift to appear in your cabin. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:


Just a guess, but I would think the OFF part means offer.  Is your reservation on the Encore?  If so, I say it’s related to that.  Could just be a promo code that causes a “Welcome Aboard the Encore” gift to appear in your cabin. 

No. I’m not sailing on the Encore. It’s the Breakaway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mtrancher said:

So @reeinaz   ... did you book your cruise with NCL direct or through and agent?

Direct. I had to call to have an agent apply the rest of my FCC to pay off the cruise. The system was acting weird when I attempted to do it myself. FCC that I already used would somehow pop back as available and my balance due would increase by that amount. Or it would only apply a portion of the FCC credit when I was attempting to use the whole thing. Like it would only take $117 from a $280 credit. When I reviewed my confirmation after the agent helped, it had that code that wasn’t on any of my other confirmations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

Direct. I had to call to have an agent apply the rest of my FCC to pay off the cruise. The system was acting weird when I attempted to do it myself. FCC that I already used would somehow pop back as available and my balance due would increase by that amount. Or it would only apply a portion of the FCC credit when I was attempting to use the whole thing. Like it would only take $117 from a $280 credit. When I reviewed my confirmation after the agent helped, it had that code that wasn’t on any of my other confirmations. 

So another poster in another thread said the difference between calling a TA vs NCL is a person would be on hold for a long time at NCL. So, I decided to test their statement. I was really never on hold; the whole call took 4 minutes. The agent I spoke with was incredibly polite, fun to speak with! Since I didn't have your res# she couldn't pull up your info... and so she tried seeing terms for fare code ENCOFF. Nothing came up. She tried a couple ways and still nothing came up. I'm afraid to get this answer you will have to call with your information so they can look at your specific reservation. Sounds like there were some weird issues and maybe it's some type of override code.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, mtrancher said:

So another poster in another thread said the difference between calling a TA vs NCL is a person would be on hold for a long time at NCL. So, I decided to test their statement. I was really never on hold; the whole call took 4 minutes. The agent I spoke with was incredibly polite, fun to speak with! Since I didn't have your res# she couldn't pull up your info... and so she tried seeing terms for fare code ENCOFF. Nothing came up. She tried a couple ways and still nothing came up. I'm afraid to get this answer you will have to call with your information so they can look at your specific reservation. Sounds like there were some weird issues and maybe it's some type of override code.

Yeah. Maybe it’s some sort of override code. But I wouldn’t think that it would be something to show up on my confirmation. And I would also think that an override code would be known, unless each agent has their own for tracking/auditing purposes. Maybe it’s just meaningless, garbled, misplaced code. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/8/2021 at 8:16 AM, reeinaz said:

No. I’m not sailing on the Encore. It’s the Breakaway. 

Have you sailed on Encore before and been given some sort of discount credit or promises in form of 10%, 25%, etc...  off for the next cruise booking?

 

I received a 25% discount voucher from my previous booking on the Jade. When I applied it on my future booking, JADOFF is displayed as one of the promo codes.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Serengeti228 said:

Have you sailed on Encore before and been given some sort of discount credit or promises in form of 10%, 25%, etc...  off for the next cruise booking?

 

I received a 25% discount voucher from my previous booking on the Jade. When I applied it on my future booking, JADOFF is displayed as one of the promo codes.

This seems to be the most reasonable and logical.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/14/2021 at 4:51 PM, mtrancher said:

@reeinaz

Did you ever uncover the actual code meaning?

Yes. @Serengeti228 was correct. I completely forgot that I had a 10% discount from a changed itinerary on the Encore. It was originally supposed to go to Canada but was switched to Bermuda. The cruise ended up being cancelled anyway so I never even thought about it and it didn’t show up in the credits section of my account. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, reeinaz said:

Yes. @Serengeti228 was correct. I completely forgot that I had a 10% discount from a changed itinerary on the Encore. It was originally supposed to go to Canada but was switched to Bermuda. The cruise ended up being cancelled anyway so I never even thought about it and it didn’t show up in the credits section of my account. 

 

Cool. How did you find out that this was the actual meaning of the code?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Capitan Obvious said:

 

Cool. How did you find out that this was the actual meaning of the code?

Oh I think you know how Captain Obvious 😉. I had to call to have my service charge prepaid by my FCC and I asked while I was on the phone for that. The agent saw that I had two 10% coupons applied. One was from a cancellation and the other one was the one from the Encore booking. I just have to make a note of that for my own records in case this cruise gets cancelled. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

Oh I think you know how Captain Obvious 😉. I had to call to have my service charge prepaid by my FCC and I asked while I was on the phone for that. The agent saw that I had two 10% coupons applied. One was from a cancellation and the other one was the one from the Encore booking. I just have to make a note of that for my own records in case this cruise gets cancelled. 

 

 

Well, I had my suspcious of course, but I had to ask. There might be others here on Cruise Critic with this same or similar questions. It best serves everyone here when we share the best way to get the answers to our question(s).

 

It has been almost two weeks since your original post. I'm glad that your question has been answered. Hopefully, by getting the information out there, future questions from others can be answered more quickly.

 

After all, we are all here to learn from each other the best way to get the best answer to any questions that we might have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

Oh I think you know how Captain Obvious 😉. I had to call to have my service charge prepaid by my FCC and I asked while I was on the phone for that. The agent saw that I had two 10% coupons applied. One was from a cancellation and the other one was the one from the Encore booking. I just have to make a note of that for my own records in case this cruise gets cancelled. 

I rest my case where in Post #2 on this thread I said "Perhaps just call NCL and ask."  Amazing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, reeinaz said:

Oh I think you know how Captain Obvious 😉. I had to call to have my service charge prepaid by my FCC and I asked while I was on the phone for that. The agent saw that I had two 10% coupons applied. One was from a cancellation and the other one was the one from the Encore booking. I just have to make a note of that for my own records in case this cruise gets cancelled. 

She did get the answer on this site 1st; just didn't have it verified.

Also... since there was a lot of comment about how long you would have to wait on hold... .how long did you to wait?  Guess less than 5 minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mtrancher said:

She did get the answer on this site 1st; just didn't have it verified.

Also... since there was a lot of comment about how long you would have to wait on hold... .how long did you to wait?  Guess less than 5 minutes.

 

Where to begin . . . 🙄

 

She didn't get the answer here, all she got was somebody's "guess". Turns out that it was correct, but it was still offered as only a guess, not a definitve answer. Had that been viewed as the answer, Post #15 would not have been needed.

 

If you have to call to have it verified, then calling is the best way to get your answer in the first place.

 

Maybe we're not reading the same thread, but I don't see "a lot of comment about how long you would have to wait on hold". The word "hold" was only used three times in the thread...all by you. That is why you use a PCC and not some random 800 number call rep. The PCC won't have you wait on hold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...