Are they going to extend the expiration date of FCCs?

Our cruise on 1 March 2020 at the start of the pandemic was cancelled at two weeks notice, we got a full refund and 50% FCC. When I rang Princess about 3 months ago to ask for an extension they readily agreed to a year but when I checked my cruise account they had actually added on two years. Now good to 2023.

So clearly subject to individual requests.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ingatestonian said:

Our cruise on 1 March 2020 at the start of the pandemic was cancelled at two weeks notice, we got a full refund and 50% FCC. When I rang Princess about 3 months ago to ask for an extension they readily agreed to a year but when I checked my cruise account they had actually added on two years. Now good to 2023.

So clearly subject to individual requests.

My recent ones are book by 5/2022 and sail by 12/31/2022.  Are you saying that you can book and sail in 2023 with your revised dates?

On 1/18/2021 at 3:44 PM, jagoffee said:

My recent ones are book by 5/2022 and sail by 12/31/2022.  Are you saying that you can book and sail in 2023 with your revised dates?

Yes, just checked Cruise account,  sail by February 2023. 

9 hours ago, ingatestonian said:

Yes, just checked Cruise account,  sail by February 2023. 

I am jealous.  Mine have various dates, but non of them go out to February 2023.  
Perhaps the FCC’s for our January 2021 cruise will be good until February 2023.  

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Some of our FCC are attached to a booked cruise for Aug. 30, 2021, and that lists my expiration as: "sail by" date of 5/1/2022. 

We had some left and wanted to use it on a cruise past that 5/1/2022 date.

Just took awhile on hold with a Princess rep., and now my FCC being used for this new booking now says:

"Book By 12/31/22 and Sail By 12/31/22."   Same date??? 

That is rather odd, but I am happy it was moved!  

3 hours ago, ROWSE said:

Some of our FCC are attached to a booked cruise for Aug. 30, 2021, and that lists my expiration as: "sail by" date of 5/1/2022. 

We had some left and wanted to use it on a cruise past that 5/1/2022 date.

Just took awhile on hold with a Princess rep., and now my FCC being used for this new booking now says:

"Book By 12/31/22 and Sail By 12/31/22."   Same date??? 

That is rather odd, but I am happy it was moved!  

FCCs from earlier pauses had the 5/1/22 sail by expiration date but most recent pauses had a later sail by date including for the most recent pause of cruises until  5/14/21.

“All FCCs expire by May 1, 2022 and must be used towards a Princess Cruises voyage sailing by December 31, 2022”.

Good to know that Princess was reasonable & honored your request. Although they should do it for everyone instead of requiring a call to have a rep manually make individual changes.

Whether having the same dates is a typo or is true hopefully you have a screenshot or printout of those dates...too often changes are based on quicksand which can quickly shift. ☺️