Lift & Switch Question

15 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Can those cruises in May be L&S’ed ?

Those ones can’t  be as they are Alaska sailings and there are no Alaska sailings departing prior to April 30, 2022 to shift to.  They need to wait for Royal to cancel this sailing before they can’t lift and shift. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am pretty sure you can't do that but why not have them L&S your present 2021 reservation to the 2022 cruise, cancel the reservation you made and snap up the cabin that you chose? A rep should be able to do that all at once so you don't lose the cabin that you chose.

This is correct, the OP just has to wait for Royal to cancel this cruise before they can lift and shift it. 

• Thanks 1

Hello,

I'm confused.

I thought the current L&S policy, ending 31st January, was a general one.

By general I mean anything can be L&S'ed to 2022 subject to +/- 4 weeks, duration & itinerary.

But in replies to this and other L&S threads I have read the word 'eligible' when referring to a 2021 sailing.

So what I hope is a simple question, what makes a cruise 'eligible' and what not? I am only enquiring about Anthem sailings out of Southampton.

Many thanks to all that can enlighten me.

Regards,

Cublet

4 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I'm confused.

I thought the current L&S policy, ending 31st January, was a general one.

By general I mean anything can be L&S'ed to 2022 subject to +/- 4 weeks, duration & itinerary.

But in replies to this and other L&S threads I have read the word 'eligible' when referring to a 2021 sailing.

So what I hope is a simple question, what makes a cruise 'eligible' and what not? I am only enquiring about Anthem sailings out of Southampton.

Many thanks to all that can enlighten me.

Regards,

Cublet

Eligible sailings mean same itinerary type, same length and same cabin category

It also did ,not mean anything in 2021could be shifted to 2022

You couple shift to any sailing that departed through April 30, 2022.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Hello,

Thanks for that.

But the next round of cancellations, May & June I put money on, will be a whole new ball game.

Regards,

Cublet

6 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Thanks for that.

But the next round of cancellations, May & June I put money on, will be a whole new ball game.

Regards,

Cublet

Not really.

The Lift and shift that was part of Cruise with Confidence is over effective Jan 31.  That has been confirmed by Royal.

It has also been confirmed by Royal that the Lift and Shift will ONLY be an option on cruises that they cancel and judging by how they handled the Quantum cancellations there will be fewer shifting options available.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Ourusualbeach. I called today and got all of my groups reservations fixed. took over an hour but whatever. now on hold trying to get our OBC from the original cancellation applied. Looks like this is going to take over an hour too. 😁

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PugM0m said:

Thank you Ourusualbeach. I called today and got all of my groups reservations fixed. took over an hour but whatever. now on hold trying to get our OBC from the original cancellation applied. Looks like this is going to take over an hour too. 😁

Glad to hear it worked out.  I still have one that they are working on.  Dealt with two on Wednesday that took over 4 hours.

On 1/27/2021 at 4:31 PM, 2travelcats said:

Can I lift & shift my 2021 cruise prices to an existing 2022 reservations?  I have paid only the refundable deposit on both.

To explain, when I saw our May 2021 Alaska B2B2B cruises were in doubt, I booked the same cruises for May 2022 - same ship, same date (1 day difference) same cabin.  The 2022 cruises are much more expensive.  So, can I lift & shift my 2021 cruise prices to an existing 2022 reservation?

I especially don’t want to lose my same favorite cabin.

Seems like Royal wouldn't allow it as I was willing at the time I made the 2022 reservation to pay that price.

Thanks - Johnette

I've done it successfully but it was a pain.  We had a cruise reservation in 2022 for 4 cabins all in a row on the Quantum (family cruise) and one for 2 cabins on the quantum this year.  When they cancelled the quantum this year, we were lucky that the one next year was in the same window.  

I had to lift and shift to 2 new rooms, and I lost the rooms I wanted because my CSR was slow and everyone was calling.  I kept both reservations for a week and called at 10pm one night.  Then we cancelled the first reservation, quickly swapped rooms, and we were ok. Be very careful to make sure that everything is the same room type (this becomes harder if there are less of that room type.  We did connecting balconies which are rare anyways, but if there are only 1 or 2 of the type on the ship, you may have a bigger problem).