Next Round Of Cancellations??

On 1/12/2021 at 6:47 PM, hamrag said:

I'd say more likely to be 'maybe not'....or much more likely definitely not!!😉

Well with that crystal ball you are using please tell use the exact date that sailings will start back up.

On 1/13/2021 at 4:17 PM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Was that a European cruise?   We are booked on the Star late June and wonder if it will make.

Oops - sorry incorrect place to post my message ! 

Edited by GreenValleyDogWalker
oops

Just got off of the phone with NCL after I had tried to open the payment screen for my 4/11/21 cruise and a banner came across the screen:

Important News

We have encountered an issue updating your reservation. Please contact Norwegian for assistance at 1-866-234-7350

When I called, the rep told me that our cruise had been locked out of the system, which is the step right before the cancellation announcement. She expected the announcement to come in the next 2-3 days. 

In the roll call group on the other site, another person posted a pic of the chat with the rep, who confirmed that all April cruises are cancelled and they will be back cruising in May. 

D8C14A8A-7696-41C6-8377-A5CD577D5F9E.png

88034B63-E1FD-426C-B5E6-0AAE75706A6D.jpeg

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

April cruises have been removed from sales. That usually happens 24-72 hours prior to the cancellation notices going out (been there done that multiple time 😞). 

Then it is likely that they will announce on Monday.

I was fully expecting my April cruise on Bliss to be cancelled, but it doesn't make it any easier to bear...this will be cancellation number 8 for me, across multiple lines. Next booked cruise is in August - as a Canadian, not sure I would be able to sail even if the ship does. Sigh. 

On 1/10/2021 at 8:10 PM, MoCruiseFan said:

Pure opinion.

Pure opinion? WTH?     Did you NOT read where he said....."Would not be surprised"............Anyone, literally anyone would take this as opinion.   

20 hours ago, julig22 said:

The April TA on the Star appears to be cancelled

image.png.410b65764629f047269bd0c4fb3d652a.png

My April cruise has been saying that for quite a while.  I called last week and the rep said that it was still sailing.

What is a wise timeline for responding to cancellation and rebooking? Look for cancellation at what, 8amEST monday? Then I suppose there may be a wave of rebooks using credits expiring end of this year or next.

Would the best prices come from ASAP rebook, or wait a while? I really want a balcony without commiting yet more money that may turn out lost forever; I was lucky with a lowball balcony bid before. Thanks...

23 hours ago, Vyhanek said:

Pure opinion? WTH?     Did you NOT read where he said....."Would not be surprised"............Anyone, literally anyone would take this as opinion.   

LITERALLY, wow!!!

On 1/15/2021 at 5:11 PM, kismet618 said:

Just got off of the phone with NCL after I had tried to open the payment screen for my 4/11/21 cruise and a banner came across the screen:

Important News

We have encountered an issue updating your reservation. Please contact Norwegian for assistance at 1-866-234-7350

When I called, the rep told me that our cruise had been locked out of the system, which is the step right before the cancellation announcement. She expected the announcement to come in the next 2-3 days. 

In the roll call group on the other site, another person posted a pic of the chat with the rep, who confirmed that all April cruises are cancelled and they will be back cruising in May. 

D8C14A8A-7696-41C6-8377-A5CD577D5F9E.png

88034B63-E1FD-426C-B5E6-0AAE75706A6D.jpeg

I got the same message and this one as well 

0190B050-BC06-404A-B5AC-92D018656AC9.jpeg

On 1/8/2021 at 10:02 AM, kismet618 said:

When do you think the hammer will come down on the next group of cancellations?  I have an 11 day April 11th cruise on the Jade out of Tampa I fully expect to be cancelled.  If at the most, only 7 day or less cruises will be part of the initial restart, why haven't those cruises longer than 7 days been cancelled at least until summer of 2021? 

My online account for our April 15th Tahiti to Hawaii cruise is now showing as a default named cruise for 0 days. Im sure we will get notified this week 😣