NCL Deposit Question

Posted (edited)

Good evening NCL experts. We are currently thinking about booking a cruise in the summer of 2022. We want to do this on the NCL website but are finding it difficult to locate their terms and conditions about deposits. Some of the information seems quite out of date (e.g. references to the summer of 2020). Does anyone know if deposits are refundable before final payment? We are booking from Ireland.

Edited by WildAtlantic

• WildAtlantic changed the title to NCL Deposit Question
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, WildAtlantic said:

Good evening NCL experts. We are currently thinking about booking a cruise in the summer of 2022. We want to do this on the NCL website but are finding it difficult to locate their terms and conditions about deposits. Some of the information seems quite out of date (e.g. references to the summer of 2020). Does anyone know if deposits are refundable before final payment? We are booking from Ireland.

Be cautious of replies because EU rules may mandate different booking and refund requirements.  For NCL bookings, Here in the US, we can cancel with a full refund up to the final payment due date.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

In Asia, deposit of all NCL bookings are refundable. There is no non-refundable rate. I believe it is the same in USA.

However if you are in Ireland, it is better to double check with your local travel agents. Many Cruise Critic members in UK often mention that deposit is non-refundable if they make the booking through NCL UK. Apparently the terms in UK (or in Europe) is different with those in other parts of the world.

If you have a good travel agent, just call them and have them get the information for you.

This is one of the many reasons I have used the same travel agent for 20 years; she does all the leg work an gets any question I need answered without having to spend inordinate amounts of time on the phone.

I came to the boards to ask same question. I’m usually a Royal Caribbean customer, but looking at a western Mediterranean for summer of 2022. As I read it, in the US, there is no cancellation policy up to 120 days out. Is that correct for a 7 day sailing, balcony stateroom (looks like might be different for suites and shorter sailings). Does this also mean the deposit is refunded? As a RCCL customer, I’ve learned not to assume. 😂

41 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

I came to the boards to ask same question. I’m usually a Royal Caribbean customer, but looking at a western Mediterranean for summer of 2022. As I read it, in the US, there is no cancellation policy up to 120 days out. Is that correct for a 7 day sailing, balcony stateroom (looks like might be different for suites and shorter sailings). Does this also mean the deposit is refunded? As a RCCL customer, I’ve learned not to assume. 😂

This is correct.  NCL deposits are fully refundable up to that 120 days prior to cruise point for a non-Haven Suite cabin for cruises of that length.

They have some more attractive terms for cruises up to June 30th (I think) if they were to actually happen.  But for 2022, what you wrote is correct. 

Furthermore, because you can fully cancel and get your money back up to that 120 days out point, if the price and/or promos get better before that point, you can call them and just say “please reprice my cruise to the current pricing and promos”.  They will gladly do that without a cancel/rebook.  You do not keep any previous promo perks, they get replaced with the new ones.  So do the math to see if it would benefit you personally.  Sometimes it will.  Sometimes it won’t. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising