VACCINE AVAILABILITY

mcrcruiser

13 hours ago, kiwimum said:

He is also very active on a roll call for a cruise we are booked on.

Why are you not  posting on the roll call for the cruise ? Also ,you are not signed up for either of the 2 Meet & Greets  .We miss hearing from you on the roll call 

44 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Why are you not  posting on the roll call for the cruise ? Also ,you are not signed up for either of the 2 Meet & Greets  .We miss hearing from you on the roll call 

I do not participate in meet and greets and may post closer to the date.    I have three cruises prior to Hawaii.

33 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

I do not participate in meet and greets and may post closer to the date.    I have three cruises prior to Hawaii.

So you expect that cruises will be going in 2021 ?  When are your cruise dates ? 

Hmm you don't participate  in Meet & Greets ,you don't post on the roll call ,yet you tell people how active i am on the Hawaii cruise roll call . Pray tell us what kind of person  does what you do ?

BTW ,what in this world did any of your comments about me actively posting   on a roll Call  when this thread is about Vaccine Availability which i started long ago   & the real purpose was to help others understand  where each of us stand  .  

Edited by mcrcruiser

10 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

There is NO shortage with J&J, they have only been distributing for a couple of weeks. Comparing them to Moderna and Pfizer, with their longer experience,  is apples and oranges. Remember we were told there would be 20 million shots in arms in the last 15 days of December,  with TWO vaccines approved. We barely got to 4 million doses in that time.

My comment about solving crises is a general, societal comment. "They", whom ever "they" is, NEVER get it right, like the heroes on TV always do. So, in the real world, "they" get sued daily, blamed daily, screwed over daily, because "everyone" should have known it would have gone the way it did. Those of us who managed large, complex emergencies as part of our jobs know that Mother Nature always votes last, and doesn't operate on our schedule.  It was not a personal comment directed at you, but at several on this thread that have expected unheard of responses, because that what they though "should" happened. 

This goes on and on because a poster is insistent on getting the JnJ vaccine. To each their own. If that is what they want God Bless them. I simply wanted to let them know there would be additional issues in getting that vaccine. As you say the JnJ vaccine, like others, is distributed to the rate of the states population. It was difficult to get the JnJ vaccine before this hiccup. It will obviously be more even more difficult now. The below chart is for the State of Indiana.
image.thumb.png.791fffdfe162f3ffc6965e49a0f79841.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RuthC said:

Some people tend to find a problem for every solution. The OP posts as if he is one of them. 

I just don't get your 2 cents post here .Perhaps you can enlighten me  or perhaps you should read my other posts  to have a clearer understanding   .Just let me know  what bothers you ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Laminator said:

This goes on and on because a poster is insistent on getting the JnJ vaccine. To each their own. If that is what they want God Bless them. I simply wanted to let them know there would be additional issues in getting that vaccine. As you say the JnJ vaccine, like others, is distributed to the rate of the states population. It was difficult to get the JnJ vaccine before this hiccup. It will obviously be more even more difficult now. The below chart is for the State of Indiana.
image.thumb.png.791fffdfe162f3ffc6965e49a0f79841.png

Why do you believe that a giant  pharma  company will continue to have problems in delivering  shots to California  . If any thing my concern is more about a inept gov who is up for recall  & can loose his job . He diverted the original JnJ to low income areas & not to us the senior citizens .Why did he do this is beyond reason why not the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines why pick on the JnJ vaccine . The point I am making here is that each state & counties with in each state decides to handle the vaccines differently for distribution  .There is truly NO consistency  .  Ultimately we will be able to get the JnJ vaccine & we will ultimately be able to get in fairly close to where we live . it may be available at a CVS or Rite aid  store  or  another structure ;but ,it will ,at some point in time be available  to us 

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

I just don't get your 2 cents post here .Perhaps you can enlighten me  or perhaps you should read my other posts  to have a clearer understanding   .Just let me know  what bothers you ?

bsecase your posts relating you getting vaccinated are a litany of issues most of your own making

Its too far to drive

I cant wait in line

I only want J&J

The poor are getting my shots

In spite of some very helpful posters who are trying to assist you, your responses have trended to the negative.  

Maybe given this is Easter take a moment and count your blessings that you have options for vaccinations and you have community of users who have reached out to help

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, sfocruiser said:

bsecase your posts relating you getting vaccinated are a litany of issues most of your own making

Its too far to drive

I cant wait in line

I only want J&J

The poor are getting my shots

In spite of some very helpful posters who are trying to assist you, your responses have trended to the negative.  

Maybe given this is Easter take a moment and count your blessings that you have options for vaccinations and you have community of users who have reached out to help

First off my post was directed to another poster   & here you   come on like you are their defender . For what it is worth  here is the truth  :

Because It is all true  I am not able to stand in lines  because of a disease to my spine ,  There is no guarantees that even when we would drive to any site that the vaccine shots will be available there   .Our doctor wants us to take the JnJ  vaccine because of health issues   .The  gov of Ca did divert the HnJ vaccine when the right decision was to first get seniors vaccinated  . I am not going into the politics here in Ca  but thousands upon thousands of people lost there homes & some their lives in severe forest fires  due to  the state not maintaining the forests for 40 plus years  & the gov is to blame  .This has been in national news 

This accomplishes nothing where the original  purpose of this thread was to  have people post their own experiences  for  the availability pf the 3 vaccines 

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Why do you believe that a giant  pharma  company will continue to have problems in delivering  shots to California  . If any thing my concern is more about a inept gov who is up for recall  & can loose his job . He diverted the original JnJ to low income areas & not to us the senior citizens .Why did he do this is beyond reason why not the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines why pick on the JnJ vaccine . The point I am making here is that each state & counties with in each state decides to handle the vaccines differently for distribution  .There is truly NO consistency  .  Ultimately we will be able to get the JnJ vaccine & we will ultimately be able to get in fairly close to where we live . it may be available at a CVS or Rite aid  store  or  another structure ;but ,it will ,at some point in time be available  to us 

Outside of the hospitals and other entities administering the vaccines there are over 88,000 pharmacies in the United States. There is no way the majority of those pharmacies could obtain the equipment needed to properly handle the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines. It makes sense that it was handled the way it was. 
Many people on this thread have tried to assist you. Lots of very well intentioned folks. It seems to me that you think when those in charge of trying to get the shots in as many arms as quickly as possible they should have been thinking of you and you alone. I can assure you of one thing. If i lived in your area and was your age I would have had the vaccine 2 months ago. If my DR said you need to get the JnJ vaccine only I would have found a new doctor. I would bet that your health issues mirror the health issues of many others in your age bracket who have been fully vaccinated by now. Use Uber! Rent a walker/s for a day. Rent a wheelchair for a day! Instead of moving the goalposts find a solution. 

You are insistent on the JnJ vaccine. My friend got the JnJ yesterday. Just messaged me. Below is his message. Granted he is 61 and the side effects are supposedly more sever for those under 65.
image.png.0fd8b348a9b6f8098493db23d0843934.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

imo to cruise in the future all people on the ship ,crew included  will have to been vaccinated . Additionally ,based upon the  spread of the new variants there may be requirement to wear masks  in the public areas of a ship  even though vaccinated   . Time will rell ;but ,it is conceivable that   the future of cruising will change & that each od us will need to get a booster shot yearly like the flu vaccine . 

• Like 1

This is really interesting  .  We just received a phone call from  our local Chase branch manager .Durig this call I reached out about being frustrated  in getting the JnJ vaccine  shots .He gave me this web site : vaccinefinder.org  . when I went on that web  site I did find availability of the JnJ vaccine .The other 2 vaccines also available  & this web site is nation wide . We hope that this great info can help others as well 

5 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

This is really interesting  .  We just received a phone call from  our local Chase branch manager .Durig this call I reached out about being frustrated  in getting the JnJ vaccine  shots .He gave me this web site : vaccinefinder.org  . when I went on that web  site I did find availability of the JnJ vaccine .The other 2 vaccines also available  & this web site is nation wide . We hope that this great info can help others as well 

On February 25th, post #496 I suggested that you try vaccinefinder.org. to find a shot. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

Were you able to make a reservation for a shot?  When I have looked at that website, it showed many local locations with vaccines available, but when I went to the websites for the places listed, there were no appointments available at those places.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiserchuck said:

Were you able to make a reservation for a shot?  When I have looked at that website, it showed many local locations with vaccines available, but when I went to the websites for the places listed, there were no appointments available at those places.

A local pharmacy told me to contact them this coming  Wednesday for the  JnJ vaccine  appointment

2 hours ago, Cailey53 said:

On February 25th, post #496 I suggested that you try vaccinefinder.org. to find a shot. 

Sorry  but i missed  reading that post back then . I wish that I had seen it when you posted it 

36 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

In Southern California, I have seen more vaccine availability today than any other day during the two months I have been looking at the various sites.  

That is because last weeks total dose national distribution was about 33 million doses, pretty evenly divided between the 3 vaccines,  up from just over 20 million doses the week before. J&J completed their March commitment, with 11 million doses released at one time. 

I suspect next week's distribution will probably be back in the mid 20 million range, as the manufacturers continue to ramp up production. .

On 4/2/2021 at 9:36 AM, Laminator said:

Outside of the hospitals and other entities administering the vaccines there are over 88,000 pharmacies in the United States. There is no way the majority of those pharmacies could obtain the equipment needed to properly handle the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines. It makes sense that it was handled the way it was. 
Many people on this thread have tried to assist you. Lots of very well intentioned folks. It seems to me that you think when those in charge of trying to get the shots in as many arms as quickly as possible they should have been thinking of you and you alone. I can assure you of one thing. If i lived in your area and was your age I would have had the vaccine 2 months ago. If my DR said you need to get the JnJ vaccine only I would have found a new doctor. I would bet that your health issues mirror the health issues of many others in your age bracket who have been fully vaccinated by now. Use Uber! Rent a walker/s for a day. Rent a wheelchair for a day! Instead of moving the goalposts find a solution. 

You are insistent on the JnJ vaccine. My friend got the JnJ yesterday. Just messaged me. Below is his message. Granted he is 61 and the side effects are supposedly more sever for those under 65.
image.png.0fd8b348a9b6f8098493db23d0843934.png

Actually most of the pharmacies do not need to.  In many cases there is a central location that has the proper storage equipment and the doses are distributed to the pharmacies every day or two to meet their appointment schedule.  In my area there is one hospital feeding 16 different pharmacies.

2 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Cliff,   There are plenty of JNJ appts available at the Del

Mar fairgrounds available for next week.  
Good luck 

As one who has been giving the vaccines J and J is being administered at Del Mar fair grounds! I have been trying to help mcrcruiser for quite awhile and I finished giving vaccines last Wednesday and have tried to help him! Hope he can now sign up!

Laminator is right! If he can take an Uber to get there I hope he can get both him and his wife vaccinated.

Denise😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

As one who has been giving the vaccines J and J is being administered at Del Mar fair grounds! I have been trying to help mcrcruiser for quite awhile and I finished giving vaccines last Wednesday and have tried to help him! Hope he can now sign up!

Laminator is right! If he can take an Uber to get there I hope he can get both him and his wife vaccinated.

Denise😊

The appts have all been taken,

but they were available for around 4 hours which is unusual.

• Thanks 1