Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Any word about the crew getting  (vaccinated )

No word about crew vaccination in anything I've read so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Any word about the crew getting  (vaccinated )


From what I have read the Philippines and Indonesia are lagging behind in getting vaccinations.  It improves almost daily but a week ago the Philippines only had enough vaccine for less than a million of their 108+/- million population.   Going to take months for these countries to reach the younger population who comprise a lot of the cruise industry crew and staff.   Some have suggested the cruise lines will step in and buy or acquire vaccines to get crew and staff vaccinated but as logical as that sounds I’ve seen nothing more than speculation on that.   It may all work out as I think it will be maybe even a full year before cruise lines can bring 100% of their ships back on line.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Have been checking for the availability for the JnJ  one shot vaccine up to 50 miles from where we live  here in Encinitas ,San Diego  north county  & still no availability  . 

 Getting resigned to the fact that we may be able to get vaccinated by the end of May   or June when there should be a surplus of vaccine 

Here in San Diego county if you have Kaiser Permanente, you can book your appointment on line on their website for the Covid 19 vaccines. They have both Moderna and Pfizer. Easy to get appt. Even people that don't have kaiser insurance can make an appt on their website. Easy, and very efficient.We have kaiser and are fully vaccinated now.I went on line to see if I could book my daughter who has different ins. and has medical issues, she would have been able to get the appt. However, she was able to get a sooner appt. somewhere else.

Appts on other sites here always show none available. However, appts pop up and need to be grabbed.Everyone I know here in San Diego county has been able to get their vaccines. Only shortages seem to be in the super center vaccination sites that do 5,000 a day.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Here in San Diego county if you have Kaiser Permanente, you can book your appointment on line on their website for the Covid 19 vaccines. They have both Moderna and Pfizer. Easy to get appt. Even people that don't have kaiser insurance can make an appt on their website. Easy, and very efficient.We have kaiser and are fully vaccinated now.I went on line to see if I could book my daughter who has different ins. and has medical issues, she would have been able to get the appt. However, she was able to get a sooner appt. somewhere else.

Appts on other sites here always show none available. However, appts pop up and need to be grabbed.Everyone I know here in San Diego county has been able to get their vaccines. Only shortages seem to be in the super center vaccination sites that do 5,000 a day.

 


Here in Texas, at least here in San Antonio, you have to play this game of pick a pharmacy chain and log into their appointment site.  You just keep hitting refresh again and again until you get exhausted or you hit an open time.   Wife helped me and the two of us used our iPads to finally find me an appointment.   Took about an hour and a half of constant pinging their site.   She got clearance from her doctor to get vaccinated two days after I got mine so we played the same game for her.  Took us about an hour.  We found at least locally that the providers seem to reload their available appointments around 5 PM.   I had been registered on two or three “will call or text when there are slots available” for some three weeks and had never gotten a call or text.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Randyk47 said:


From what I have read the Philippines and Indonesia are lagging behind in getting vaccinations.  It improves almost daily but a week ago the Philippines only had enough vaccine for less than a million of their 108+/- million population.   Going to take months for these countries to reach the younger population who comprise a lot of the cruise industry crew and staff.   Some have suggested the cruise lines will step in and buy or acquire vaccines to get crew and staff vaccinated but as logical as that sounds I’ve seen nothing more than speculation on that.   It may all work out as I think it will be maybe even a full year before cruise lines can bring 100% of their ships back on line.   

We agree .  More than likely the cruise lines will be required to   buy  the vaccines from the mfgs  yo administer them to the crews as ships open for business .I can't see how the other countries will have enough people vaccinated in time . Here in theUSA because of our big pharma companies  can we deliver  so much in such a shirt time 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I read these stories and don’t understand why each state or country doesn’t just have a registration process and call or email people with an appointment time and place.  That’s what we did, registered online and three days later we got a call with our appointment.  The online registration required you to answer questions to ensure that you were eligible for the current groups being vaccinated.  No midnight website visits or calling dozens of places.  It would be important that the queue be first come first serve.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I read these stories and don’t understand why each state or country doesn’t just have a registration process and call or email people with an appointment time and place.  That’s what we did, registered online and three days later we got a call with our appointment.  The online registration required you to answer questions to ensure that you were eligible for the current groups being vaccinated.  No midnight website visits or calling dozens of places.  It would be important that the queue be first come first serve.

your recommendation  is a very good one imo . would be nice if our state of Calif adopted rhat format ;but ,we have a guy in charge who thinks he has all the solutions

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

To further this illustration, I checked our local numbers this morning. So far in March, my county has received total, about 23K doses of Moderna and Pfizer, but only about 2600 doses of J&J. I am sure San Diego's ratio is about the same. So, if you consider J&J is really equal to 2 doses of Moderna or Pfizer, the ratio here is about 1 in 4 chance of getting J&J.

The JnJ will be available . It takes patience here & wait for availability 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our city is having a mass vax event this weekend. 10k people get the JnJ one dose vax and we are moving to 55+ next week. Getting closer for us. Woo hoo!! Really hoping by the time our 90 day post Covid recovery period is up (mid April), we can get in line for our vax. So exciting!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2021 at 8:16 AM, san diego sue said:

Here in San Diego county if you have Kaiser Permanente, you can book your appointment on line on their website for the Covid 19 vaccines. They have both Moderna and Pfizer. Easy to get appt. Even people that don't have kaiser insurance can make an appt on their website. Easy, and very efficient.We have kaiser and are fully vaccinated now.I went on line to see if I could book my daughter who has different ins. and has medical issues, she would have been able to get the appt. However, she was able to get a sooner appt. somewhere else.

Appts on other sites here always show none available. However, appts pop up and need to be grabbed.Everyone I know here in San Diego county has been able to get their vaccines. Only shortages seem to be in the super center vaccination sites that do 5,000 a day.

 

It took me a few days of cyberstalking all the websites (four pharmacy brands, state and county sites) before I was able to schedule an appt.  My experience at the CSU San Marcos superstation was fantastic.  They're giving Pfizer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I worked at the Del Mar superstation on Thursday. They did over 2900 2nd doses that day (no 1st doses given). It was CRAZY busy!! They were closed on Wed, Fri, and Sat due to Pfizer shortages. At one point, they had to defrost and fill syringes from another batch of vaccines which took quite a bit of time. There were over 400 cars waiting. The lines filled the traffic chutes, out of the gate onto Jimmy Durante, and back to Via De La Valle. This was the 1st time I saw such long lines. An hour later, everyone was vaccinated and the lines were cleared.

Edited by sandiego1
update
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, akeka said:

It took me a few days of cyberstalking all the websites (four pharmacy brands, state and county sites) before I was able to schedule an appt.  My experience at the CSU San Marcos superstation was fantastic.  They're giving Pfizer.

I did the same for a week or so until I got scheduled. Now I look just out of interest. I would say that I find availability somewhere 2 out of 3 times I look. I looked today, found appointments 30 minutes away for tomorrow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

I did the same for a week or so until I got scheduled. Now I look just out of interest. I would say that I find availability somewhere 2 out of 3 times I look. I looked today, found appointments 30 minutes away for tomorrow. 

 

Same here.  I have noticed more availability the last few days.  I hope this is due to more vaccine and not due to folks not wanting the vaccine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2021 at 1:46 PM, mcrcruiser said:

The JnJ will be available . It takes patience here & wait for availability 

A friend got J&J vaccine via a Kaiser Nor Cal Appt yesterday, so they are in pipeline. He is in 50s, but had stints in heart, so qualified.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Look we keep checking & what comes up on Mytirn.com is No Appointments Available  .today ,yesterday & the day before that ie . Perhaps we are just unlucky  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Look we keep checking & what comes up on Mytirn.com is No Appointments Available  .today ,yesterday & the day before that ie . Perhaps we are just unlucky  

The counties and providers have lots of appointments around here, but you need to discover each entity and check directly.  I dont think myturn is very good at identifying locations for appointments.  I would check your county website, pharmacy websites and download provider apps.  Many providers let you download and schedule appts, even if not in their system.  We used Stanford Health App, even though KP members and it was easy to schedule directly (they ask for insurance info, so we provided KP medical info number in appt.)

Edited by Pizzasteve
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news here in Oklahoma:

 

Oklahoma moves to Phase 4, will open vaccine eligibility to all residents

OSDH Deputy Commissioner Keith Reed announced Phase 4 of the vaccine rollout will begin Monday, March 29. All Oklahomans above 16 will be eligible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We're doing great here in SC!  We're getting 2nd Dose at our Local Walgreens on Friday.  They opened up 1B on  March 8th (and will soon be opening up to Group 1C) and my Daughter and Husband (mid-40's) are now Vaccinated, and last week five of my Employees (age range mid-20's to early 40's) were Vaccinated last Wednesday for 1st Dose.  Between the Pharmacies and DHEC plus the Hospitals there doesn't seem to be a problem getting Scheduled.  A big change from around February 1st!

 

My Daughter in Florida told me that Orange Country was making Appointments at the Convention Center in Orlando for 40 years and up.  She told me within 20 minutes there were 7,000 people who signed up.  Miami-Dade has also opened up to 40 years and up.  

 

Things are definitely going in the right direction!

Edited by idiebabe
Link to post
Share on other sites

In California the process is managed at the county level.

 

In San Luis Obispo County the county has a registration process for the 3 country run sites.

 

In addition to those there is the pharmacy sites. 

 

Yesterday the age limit was dropped from 65 to 50.  I registered with the county and then checked the pharmacy sites.  Most had not updated to the age drop yet.  However on the Albertson's site I could check for appointments.  First checked at 1 pm - no luck, checked at 6pm no luck, checked at 10:15 pm and got an appointment for today at 2:15.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nocl said:

In California the process is managed at the county level.

 

In San Luis Obispo County the county has a registration process for the 3 country run sites.

 

In addition to those there is the pharmacy sites. 

 

Yesterday the age limit was dropped from 65 to 50.  I registered with the county and then checked the pharmacy sites.  Most had not updated to the age drop yet.  However on the Albertson's site I could check for appointments.  First checked at 1 pm - no luck, checked at 6pm no luck, checked at 10:15 pm and got an appointment for today at 2:15.

Glad to hear persistence paid off.

 

When we managed to get our first appointments, it was because DW just kept checking, and one day she was amazed that there really were appointments. She checked again a few hours later, and they were all filled.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news here in Georgia—starting this Thursday anyone 16 and over is eligible to receive the vaccine. In addition to 9 regional mass vaccination sites, we are getting a federal site at Mercedes Benz stadium that can do 6000 vaccinations a day. I believe it opens later this week.  Gov. Kemp also announced that 75% of all Georgia seniors now have had at least 1 dose of the vaccine (myself included). More progress to achieving herd immunity!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We were lucky.Alabama went to 55+ and those with health problems on Monday the 22nd. The state run web site let us register a couple of days before. We were extremely lucky to find a opening about a hour each direction for both of us on the first day of being eligible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cailey53 said:

Great news here in Georgia—starting this Thursday anyone 16 and over is eligible to receive the vaccine. In addition to 9 regional mass vaccination sites, we are getting a federal site at Mercedes Benz stadium that can do 6000 vaccinations a day. I believe it opens later this week.  Gov. Kemp also announced that 75% of all Georgia seniors now have had at least 1 dose of the vaccine (myself included). More progress to achieving herd immunity!

Here in TN 16+ starts April 5th. Exciting!! 20% of Tennesseans have at least had one dose. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my 19yo his 1st Pfizer this weekend at a mass event at a local stadium. The vaccinators said anybody in the same car could also get it so long as over 16. Anybody. In. The. Car. Get yourself vaxxed so we can cruise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PoolSlider said:

Got my 19yo his 1st Pfizer this weekend at a mass event at a local stadium. The vaccinators said anybody in the same car could also get it so long as over 16. Anybody. In. The. Car. Get yourself vaxxed so we can cruise. 

They continue to run TV commercials here encouraging vaccines. I assume that is because interest is waning. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Crystal Cruises - New! Luxury Bahamas Escapes
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...