Jump to content

Emma Nixon Pack


Recommended Posts


Her post this morning:

 

️ ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey lovelies! 

I hope you’re all doing well - I wanted to take a moment to update you 😊 

2020 has been life changing for everyone. I walked off the Carnival Panorama in March, not knowing when I’d be back.

As the months went on, decisions had to be made. As many of you may already know, I have always had a huge passion for Teaching. 

After 8 years on ships, I have decided to move forward with my career on dry land with a natural transition back into teaching children, at a lovely school: This does mean I will be leaving my sea legs behind. 

My years with Carnival have given me fantastic memories, countless opportunities, incredible teams, amazing guests & life long friends. Being the first female Cruise Director to bring out a brand new Carnival Ship was one of my proudest moments. I also found the best thing that’s ever happened to me, my wonderful husband, Mike. 

It goes without saying that I am Mikes number one fan and will be cheering him on as soon as its safe for the Mardi Gras to take her maiden voyage. I will continue to live vicariously through Mike in terms of all things cruising - I cannot wait to sail with him & see him in action as the Cruise Director of the Mardi Gras! 

We do have a new member of our ‘Pack’, our puppy Barkley. He’s a 6 month old Labradoodle & we couldn’t imagine life without him! 

I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has been such a huge part of an indescribable Carnival journey ❤️ 

From the bottom of my heart I’m sending you all my love & smiles - looking forward to watching Mike dance on the bar again (instead of me)! 

Emma xo


 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Kind of crazy that in March when I was on Panorama she was doing an early turnover with Matt and now both of them have left the industry.

Ship happens with staffing in the best of times so I'm not surprised some are returning to earlier careers or discovering new. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Emma’s decision reinforces what numerous crew member have told me lately...i.e. Carnival is a long ways away from resuming cruising in the US. 
 

Unfortunately, I'm afraid you are right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Kind of crazy that in March when I was on Panorama she was doing an early turnover with Matt and now both of them have left the industry.

Has Matt completely left the industry or just changed positions?  He still posts about cruising all the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Emma’s decision reinforces what numerous crew member have told me lately...i.e. Carnival is a long ways away from resuming cruising in the US. 
 

 

June/July should see a full return to cruising based on all current projections. Vaccine production is being ramped up and more vaccines will be coming to market shortly. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

 

June/July should see a full return to cruising based on all current projections. Vaccine production is being ramped up and more vaccines will be coming to market shortly. 

 

 


I don’t think it will be that soon but I hope you are right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Has Matt completely left the industry or just changed positions?  He still posts about cruising all the time.


He is doing the mystic circus thing and now some kind of health workout program or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:


He is doing the mystic circus thing and now some kind of health workout program or something.

He’s doing majestic circus and helping with his wife’s Arbonne business. He’s also writing for the points guy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

He’s doing majestic circus and helping with his wife’s Arbonne business. He’s also writing for the points guy. 

 

Well he's not doing a good job of giving cruise advice. 4 pair of underwear for a 14 day cruise? I'd go through that in two days.

 

"For men, that means four pairs of underwear, two pairs of pants, three T-shirts and a toothbrush, for a 14-day cruise. "

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

 

Well he's not doing a good job of giving cruise advice. 4 pair of underwear for a 14 day cruise? I'd go through that in two days.

 

"For men, that means four pairs of underwear, two pairs of pants, three T-shirts and a toothbrush, for a 14-day cruise. "

EEEEEEWWWWWWW!

I'm with you.....unless you are planning to spend time washing clothes repeatedly during vacation.. That's terrible advice!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK.  CDs come and go.  I'm sure many have had enjoyable cruises with Emma and Matt.  We have.

Just wish them well.  As Airborne is a homeopathic, i.e., useless non- "medicine", product and is sold OTC, not sure how a business succeeds on that.  But not my concern.

As far as underwear go.  remember some Europeans don't change as often as Americans. Or maybe he meant using the pricy Tommy Johns that dry fast or the Duluth Trading "no-stinkums".

Edited by crewsweeper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

OK.  CDs come and go.  I'm sure many have had enjoyable cruises with Emma and Matt.  We have.

Just wish them well.  As Airborne is a homeopathic, i.e., useless non- "medicine", product and is sold OTC, not sure how a business succeeds on that.  But not my concern.

As far as underwear go.  remember some Europeans don't change as often as Americans. Or maybe he meant using the pricy Tommy Johns that dry fast or the Duluth Trading "no-stinkums".


Well...I don’t get my underwear wet and I still shower and change clothes...everything....before dinner every night. I will definitely find space for 2 pair of socks and underwear for each day of the cruise. Just in case I can’t get laundry done.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ARcruisin2 said:

EEEEEEWWWWWWW!

I'm with you.....unless you are planning to spend time washing clothes repeatedly during vacation.. That's terrible advice!

It's even bad advice for Platinum and Diamond members who receive free laundry  service. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

It's even bad advice for Platinum and Diamond members who receive free laundry  service. 


Yeah because it takes a day to come back so if I used 2 on the first day and 2 on the second day, I’d have to send something out on the 1st day to guarantee I had something for the 3rd morning. I’d have to send out laundry every day. Or do my own every other day.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carnival is scrapping 19 ships (I believe 4 have yet to be named).  That's a bunch of CD's, assistant CD's and other assorted crew members that are going to need jobs somewhere.  At least it sounds like she has landed on her feet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, lostsoulcruiser said:

Carnival is scrapping 19 ships (I believe 4 have yet to be named).  That's a bunch of CD's, assistant CD's and other assorted crew members that are going to need jobs somewhere.  At least it sounds like she has landed on her feet.

 

That's Carnival Corp. Not Carnival Cruise line. I think she was safe on Panorama.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wish Emma well as she follows her passion. We were on the Panorama in March, Emma was a fantastic CD. A big loss for Carnival in my opinion. Hope to see her on a future cruise with her hubby! We will be on the Mardi Gras Feb. 2022.

🤞🤞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...