Refer a friend program

Set to go

We have never sailed with Princess in the past.  We are booked with a couple who have sailed with Princess several times for a trip in March of 2022.  They did not refer us at this point although we had intended to do so in the future. We have now booked a cruise by ourselves for 11/2021, which means this will be our first cruise with Princess (without friends).  I heard somewhere that the referral could still be made even if friends are on differing cruises... is this true?  Also if we already have the booking made, can it be applied or would we have had to have referral made prior to booking 11/21 cruise for it to be applicable?

Diane

42 minutes ago, Set to go said:

We have never sailed with Princess in the past.  We are booked with a couple who have sailed with Princess several times for a trip in March of 2022.  They did not refer us at this point although we had intended to do so in the future. We have now booked a cruise by ourselves for 11/2021, which means this will be our first cruise with Princess (without friends).  I heard somewhere that the referral could still be made even if friends are on differing cruises... is this true?  Also if we already have the booking made, can it be applied or would we have had to have referral made prior to booking 11/21 cruise for it to be applicable?

Diane

Here’s a link to the Princess Refer-A-Friend Program where you can get details & FAQs:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/referralRewards.page

Based on this statement the referral needs to be done before you booked a cruise although once my TA contacted Princess & they allowed it after my referral was already booked. Your referring couple could attempt to have it added & maybe both of you will get lucky & receive it.

Question: Who can be referred?
Answer: Friends and relatives of the Princess past guest who are at least 21 years old and residents of the U.S. or Canada. They may not have sailed previously on Princess, have an existing booking or completed the referral process in the past, and may not be a travel industry partner or employee of Princess Cruises and/or the Carnival Corporation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's too bad you are already booked. I've actually done the "refer a friend" thing and it worked well. The folks we referred got the credit. We  were "awarded" the credit as well but all of our cruises have been cancelled so we haven't actually gotten it. It still shows up in bookings though.